1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Presidents series

1. Jan 21, 2009 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There is a great series on US Presidents this week on The History Channel. Unusually good for that channel. If you can catch it, I highly recommend it.

"The Presidents"

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2009 #2

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I saw a good review of this series. Apparently it could also be available at the local public library as a 3-disc DVD set. For those who don't get History Channel.

4. Jan 23, 2009 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Thanks for that, Marcus. I love studying history, and TV here is a waste. All broadcast channels - ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and PBS. PBS has some decent historical programming at times, but usually only runs the best-quality stuff during "pledge weeks" so that at least 20 minutes/hour are lost to pleading and begging. I did my best to support them when I was working and was pulling in a decent salary - it took me years of ignoring them to get them to pull in the claws and stop dunning me.

5. Jan 26, 2009 #4

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well whether one has an alternative depends somewhat on the public library. I think the Presidents series Evo mentioned came out in dvd in 2005, not sure though. Maybe that was the year it was broadcast. Anyway there's a chance since it's a good series, that the library has it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?