Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Presidents series

1. Jan 21, 2009 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There is a great series on US Presidents this week on The History Channel. Unusually good for that channel. If you can catch it, I highly recommend it.

"The Presidents"

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2009 #2

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

I saw a good review of this series. Apparently it could also be available at the local public library as a 3-disc DVD set. For those who don't get History Channel.

4. Jan 23, 2009 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Thanks for that, Marcus. I love studying history, and TV here is a waste. All broadcast channels - ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and PBS. PBS has some decent historical programming at times, but usually only runs the best-quality stuff during "pledge weeks" so that at least 20 minutes/hour are lost to pleading and begging. I did my best to support them when I was working and was pulling in a decent salary - it took me years of ignoring them to get them to pull in the claws and stop dunning me.

5. Jan 26, 2009 #4

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

Well whether one has an alternative depends somewhat on the public library. I think the Presidents series Evo mentioned came out in dvd in 2005, not sure though. Maybe that was the year it was broadcast. Anyway there's a chance since it's a good series, that the library has it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?