What Is the Prettiest Person You've Ever Seen?

• Thread starter En_lizard
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of the prettiest person the individuals had ever seen, with a focus on celebrities. Some participants argued that celebrities lack intelligence, while others shared personal experiences with famous individuals. The conversation also touched on the changing standards of beauty and the intelligence of celebrities. Ultimately, the participants agreed that the prettiest or most attractive people are often those they know personally.
I never saw a picture of Maria Shriver until you guys started criticizing her looks. Now that I have seen it I must say that her looks are not to my taste, they remind me of the saying: Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Ugliest pretty girl - Maria Shriver - no contest. When you watch her on tv it's like the face of a cadaver keeps appearing. <shudder>

jimmysnyder said:
I never saw a picture of Maria Shriver until you guys started criticizing her looks. Now that I have seen it I must say that her looks are not to my taste, they remind me of the saying: Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone.

same here... yikes!

but seriously... Jessica Alba... alien robot here to destroy planet earth...

sincity1.jpg

by the time you all realize I'm not kidding it'll be too late and we'll all be slaves to her alien race of super-hot ladies... not that i'd have a problem with that.

I think Bollywood actor John Abrahams is the hottest man alive.

zoobyshoe said:
A critic once called Ellen barkin "the prettiest ugly girl in Hollywood". Her attractiveness is definitely non-standard, but she exudes such intrinsic self possession, confidence, and verve that she's downright magnetic.

Math Is Hard said:
I wonder who the ugliest pretty girl is. I never can figure that stuff out. I just found out the other day that Ellen Muth (Dead Like Me) is "ugly". All this time I thought she was so sexy and cute.
Well, the ugliest pretty celeb is probably among these: http://www.worth1000.com/cache/gallery/contestcache.asp?contest_id=10274&display=photoshop
Brad Pitt must be the most attractive celebrity. If he can survive a 'detouching' photoshop contest, then his looks must be indestructible.

Last edited:
http://www.forumspile.com/IMG-Worthless_without.gif

Thrice said:
http://www.forumspile.com/IMG-Worthless_without.gif
hey, I did my part.

and where do people get all these crazy emoticons?? all I have is the standard set of like 8 generic ones :cry:

O wait, they're images... ok... i feel like an idiot searching for a forum option that has those emoticons.

Math Is Hard said:
I wonder who the ugliest pretty girl is. I never can figure that stuff out.
What the critic meant by calling Ellen Barkin "the prettiest ugly girl" is that despite things that should detract from her looks; crooked nose, crooked smile, small eyes, she never-the-less manages to be exceptionally alluring, sexy, and magnetic by force of personality.

The "ugliest pretty girl" would, therefore, be that one who manages to be the least appealing, despite an attractive and sensuous exterior, by virtue of some ugly character flaw that leaves you feeling repelled.

Although I'm sure people can search for them online I'll post the pics of my two favourite ladies from my youth here:

Terry Farrell:
terry1-sized.jpg

Calista Flockhart:
039_37559~Calista-Flockhart-Posters.jpg

These are among the top 15 models in the world.

Do you men find these women attractive?

They range from average to scary in my book.

Attachments

• models_1.jpg
    models_1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 382
  • models_2.jpg
    models_2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 367
  • models_6.jpg
    models_6.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 351
continued...

Attachments

• models_7.jpg
    models_7.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 342
  • models_14.jpg
    models_14.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 411
  • models_13.jpg
    models_13.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 335
last... This one needs to get to a doctor soon, if it's not too late.

Attachments

• models_15.jpg
    models_15.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 364
Evo said:
These are among the top 15 models in the world.

Do you men find these women attractive?

They range from average to scary in my book.
Okay, no, maybe not;

Umm maybe not, probably not, okay;

No.

(But then, they are only models.)

Last edited:
Evo said:
last... This one needs to get to a doctor soon, if it's not too late.
Yep - too skinny. She looks too fragile. I'd be afraid to shake her hand.

In general, I do not find models attractive.

a general rule of thumb for becoming a supermodel is that you must weigh roughly as much as the clothes you are sporting.

I don't think supermodels are supposed to be sexually appealing. I think they're supposed to look attractive in a look-but-don't-touch sort of way; kind of like antique china... only not as sturdy.

Models are chosen now because they have a quirky feature that makes them stand out a bit. From Evo's selection I woudn't say any were unattractive (possibly with the exception of the first pic in your 'continued' post) but nor would I say any appealed to me.

I think they're supposed to look attractive in a look-but-don't-touch sort of way
That's what I don't understand - they don't look attractive, they walk funny (unnaturally), and the clothes look stupid. And people buy that C&@p and pay big bucks for it? :yuck:

They look like they're anorexic...especially Calista Flockhart..(based on that picture)
but wait..maybe it's because she looks like she had a nose job done..(nose looks similar to michael jackson)

Last edited:
~christina~ said:
They look like they're anorexic...especially Calista Flockhart..(based on that picture)
They are anorexic. Flockhart looks like she'd blow away in a strong wind. She needs to add about 20 kgs to herself.

Astronuc said:
They are anorexic. Flockhart looks like she'd blow away in a strong wind. She needs to add about 20 kgs to herself.

Shes fine. Just has very little body fat. If you see her with a bit more flesh showing you can't see her ribs or anything. She has a French womans petite physique.

Oh let's hear it for the Patricks!

Attachments

• patrick-stewart-009.jpg
    patrick-stewart-009.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 370
And Patrick !

Attachments

• patrick-swayze-003.jpg
    patrick-swayze-003.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Kurdt said:
Shes fine. Just has very little body fat. If you see her with a bit more flesh showing you can't see her ribs or anything. She has a French womans petite physique.
Actually Flockhart has an eating disorder. She claims that food has no taste so she doesn't like to eat. I know a lot of people that look anorexic, but they say that they can't taste food, or that food feels strange in their mouth, just a number of reasons that they find eating "distasteful". Eating is something that they almost have to force themselves to do. It's certainly not normal though.

Kurdt said:
She has very little protein (muscle) or bone for that matter. She's more twiggy than Twiggy. :rolleyes:

Kurdt said:

I've watched oprah and there was this french woman who wrote a book which dictated how a french woman eats. Well she followed the book and then videoed herself doing just that and she ate "lunch" which consisted of 2 slices of thin cheese which sandwiched a apple slice. Total lunch was about 1/2 inch tall :eek:.

I would say Calista Flockhart's physique is sort of like a grayhound...yes that must be it..

Last edited:
I'm French and French women eat like horses. The difference is that they eat a large lunch and a small dinner and they walk a LOT.

Evo said:
I'm French and French women eat like horses. The difference is that they eat a large lunch and a small dinner and they walk a LOT.
I thought you were Texan. Nothing wrong with being French, of course -- or Texan, for that matter.

Evo said:

I didn't generalize Evo. I guess that it's just this specific french woman on oprah that eats like a mouse. :smile:

Last edited:
Thrice said:
I didn't want to say anything :p Forumspile has the best forum images.

Anyway following my own advice..

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/390/kateavialondonte1.th.jpg [Broken]

RIGHT ON! Kate Beckinsale is #1 by far!http://www.kbeckinsale.net/gallery/albums/publicappearances/2006/clickpremiere/normal_HQ030.jpg [Broken]
Oh and if you think Kate is dumb, well then you are dumb. She went to Oxford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Actually Flockhart has an eating disorder. She claims that food has no taste so she doesn't like to eat. I know a lot of people that look anorexic, but they say that they can't taste food, or that food feels strange in their mouth, just a number of reasons that they find eating "distasteful". Eating is something that they almost have to force themselves to do. It's certainly not normal though.

Well I never knew that. I still don't think she looks anorexic however, I think she's very attractive. Perhaps I'm just crazy. :tongue:

Last edited:
I just don't get this thing about Uma Thurman. If she were a horse, she never would have lived.

Funny, someone mentioing Worth 1000. I did a celeb pic of Uma with her kindred spirit Sid.

gravenewworld said:
RIGHT ON! Kate Beckinsale is #1 by far!
Kate Beckinsale is definitely near the top of the list. I find my tastes don't follow the Chatelaine cookie-cutter - they are boringly unremarkable in their beauty.

EnumaElish said:
I thought you were Texan. Nothing wrong with being French, of course -- or Texan, for that matter.
I'm Texan, but a French/English/Irish Texan. :biggrin:

<h2>1. What factors make someone the "prettiest" person you've ever seen?</h2><p>Beauty is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some may find physical features such as symmetrical facial features, clear skin, and a fit body to be important factors. Others may prioritize personality traits such as kindness, intelligence, and confidence.</p><h2>2. Is there a universal standard for beauty?</h2><p>No, there is no universal standard for beauty. Different cultures and societies have their own standards and preferences for what they consider to be beautiful. Additionally, personal opinions and preferences also play a role in determining what is considered beautiful.</p><h2>3. Can someone's personality affect how attractive they are?</h2><p>Yes, someone's personality can greatly affect how attractive they are perceived to be. A kind, confident, and charismatic personality can enhance someone's physical appearance and make them more attractive to others.</p><h2>4. Are there any scientific studies on what makes someone attractive?</h2><p>Yes, there have been numerous scientific studies on what makes someone attractive. Some studies have found that symmetry in facial features is perceived as more attractive, while others have found that certain facial proportions and body shapes are considered attractive across cultures.</p><h2>5. Can someone's perception of beauty change over time?</h2><p>Yes, someone's perception of beauty can change over time. As we grow and experience different cultures and societies, our definition of beauty may evolve. Additionally, personal experiences and relationships can also impact our perception of beauty.</p>

1. What factors make someone the "prettiest" person you've ever seen?

Beauty is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some may find physical features such as symmetrical facial features, clear skin, and a fit body to be important factors. Others may prioritize personality traits such as kindness, intelligence, and confidence.

2. Is there a universal standard for beauty?

No, there is no universal standard for beauty. Different cultures and societies have their own standards and preferences for what they consider to be beautiful. Additionally, personal opinions and preferences also play a role in determining what is considered beautiful.

3. Can someone's personality affect how attractive they are?

Yes, someone's personality can greatly affect how attractive they are perceived to be. A kind, confident, and charismatic personality can enhance someone's physical appearance and make them more attractive to others.

4. Are there any scientific studies on what makes someone attractive?

Yes, there have been numerous scientific studies on what makes someone attractive. Some studies have found that symmetry in facial features is perceived as more attractive, while others have found that certain facial proportions and body shapes are considered attractive across cultures.

5. Can someone's perception of beauty change over time?

Yes, someone's perception of beauty can change over time. As we grow and experience different cultures and societies, our definition of beauty may evolve. Additionally, personal experiences and relationships can also impact our perception of beauty.