The problem of warp drive

• Thread starter Whitestar
  • Start date
Hey, sry, I just saw this and had to comment on it:
"I'm a science fiction fan too - but I don't look for the solutions of
scientific problems in the fantasies of science fiction writers."

Hey, Dr. you've heard of Jewels Verne right?

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
BushWhacker said:
Gravitational lensing is still a theory is it not?
No it has been observed.

Also, a great many of the technologies which we have today were not invented by physicist's, but by humble folk who were not under the yolk of their peer's or the current residing laws of physics at the time.
It's been a long time since anybody not highly trained made a significant discovery in physics. Alas, democracy in hard stuff does not work.

*edited
I read that wrong

A question I posed some time before was, would it be correct to say that electromagnetic energy has the ability to "warp" spacetime, since matter “warps“ spacetime and matter is the same thing as a highly condensed state of electromagnetic energy? (What other types of energy does relativity's statement mean when it says it's a condensed state of energy?)

Although jdlech responded with the consideration that the premise of what electromagnetic energy is was incorrect, I responded with a quote from Parallel Worlds which used electromagnetic energy in an example to depict the warping of spacetime. In The Fabric of the Cosmos, this is also emphasized:
Matter and energy, like the sun, cause space (and spacetime*) to warp and curve...

It's as if matter and energy imprint a network of chutes and valleys along which objects are guided by the invisible hand of the spacetime fabric.
Following this, would it then be possible to create a 'gravity' generator through concentrating high amounts of electromagnetic energy?

Sempiternity said:
Following this, would it then be possible to create a 'gravity' generator through concentrating high amounts of electromagnetic energy?
I think you will find the recent update at http://www.gravitycontrol.org/" [Broken] very interesting and also answer some of your questions regarding electromagnetic energy. See the link 'antigravity' to visit Project Unity.

Last edited by a moderator: