The real drawings of the supermarine spitfire

• Thread starter giber
  • Start date
In summary: Hi Bob we are in desperate need of fullscale spitfire plans, we are building our fullscale spitfire for exhibition purposes for help the heroes charity, we would be most grateful if you could reply to this message. John.
giber
hello..
my last question wasn´t very good on exlplaining what i need..
i need the strutural drawings of the real supermarine spitfire, because i want to draw it on the program ' catia' develop by dassault, this program is like 'solidworks' and for that i need detail plans about the plane.. i found some sites but i have to pay. soo i want to know were can i get them for free.. thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Do you really think that you're going to get any "real" engineering drawings from any company for free? I doubt you'd get some even if you offered to pay for them. Engineering drawings are usually closely held assets. Even on a product that is over 50 years old. You can always try writing Vickers to see if they will let you have a copy, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Your best bet is to find someone that has done scale representations and go from there.

giber said:
hello..
my last question wasn´t very good on exlplaining what i need..
i need the strutural drawings of the real supermarine spitfire, because i want to draw it on the program ' catia' develop by dassault, this program is like 'solidworks' and for that i need detail plans about the plane.. i found some sites but i have to pay. soo i want to know were can i get them for free.. thanks
I have emailed you, but no response, I have in fact numerous drawings of the MkXIV Spitfire, but which ones you need is a different story, there are thousands down to the last rivet size or wing former. Please advise as to your requirements.
Bob

twincam44 said:
I have emailed you, but no response, I have in fact numerous drawings of the MkXIV Spitfire, but which ones you need is a different story, there are thousands down to the last rivet size or wing former. Please advise as to your requirements.
Bob

Is it possible for you to email me those drawings? Thanks

twincam44 said:
Bob

Hello, would I would be most interested in looking at your Spitfire plans. I am in the process of staring a complete new build, including manufacturing a RR Griffon engine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul Vickers. If you could email me that would be great.

Hi There

I am also interested in drawing a Spitfire in 3D CAD. Would it be possible to still get the plans from you? Pretty Please?

Spitfire Fan said:
Is it possible for you to email me those drawings? Thanks

Hi Bob we are in desperate need of fullscale spitfire plans, we are building our fullscale spitfire for exhibition purposes for help the heroes charity, we would be most grateful if you could reply to this message. With Kind Regards
John.

What is the significance of the supermarine spitfire?

The supermarine spitfire is a British fighter aircraft that played a crucial role in the Battle of Britain during World War II. It is known for its speed, maneuverability, and iconic design.

How many supermarine spitfires were produced?

A total of 20,351 supermarine spitfires were produced, making it one of the most widely produced and recognizable aircraft of the war.

What were the key features of the supermarine spitfire?

The supermarine spitfire had a sleek and aerodynamic design, a powerful Rolls-Royce engine, and advanced armament capabilities. It also had a unique elliptical wing shape that contributed to its superior performance.

What were some notable versions of the supermarine spitfire?

Some notable versions of the supermarine spitfire include the Spitfire Mk I, which played a major role in the Battle of Britain, and the Spitfire Mk V, which was a mainstay of the Royal Air Force during the war. The Spitfire Mk IX was also a highly successful version, with over 5,000 produced.

What is the legacy of the supermarine spitfire?

The supermarine spitfire is considered a symbol of British resilience and victory during World War II. Its iconic design and role in the Battle of Britain have made it a beloved and celebrated aircraft in aviation history.