John McCain: The Real Story | YouTube Video

• News
  • Thread starter LightbulbSun
  • Start date
In summary: I would expect from a president...would be more substance.In summary, Obama has not changed his position on drilling for oil. He still opposes the practice. However, he has shifted his stance to accept it if it is a necessary part of a compromise. He also said that Hollywood and the mainstream media are to blame for some of the negative perceptions of him.
LightbulbSun
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you saying Obama hasn't changed his mind on any issues...or even "modified" some of the things he's said...like "no pre-conditions" to meetings?

It's to be expected of politicians.

(I'm an independent, btw)

WhoWee said:
Are you saying Obama hasn't changed his mind on any issues...or even "modified" some of the things he's said...like "no pre-conditions" to meetings?

Obama hasn't changed on this. He rejects the notion that the goals of diplomacy must be met, i.e. preconditions, before the diplomacy begins, as Bush has required without success.

Also, that video is mostly about McCain telling more lies or getting confused, not flip flops.

asdfggfdsa said:
It's to be expected of politicians.

(I'm an independent, btw)

I tend to agree...we seem to accept the politician who misrepresents the least.

Just remember Obama and Biden NEVER said they didn't support domestic drilling for oil (something to the effect that - the price would just have to go to (European price levels) if necessary...then we'll use less...and be forced to find alternative energy sources****this is what made me dislike Obama btw), plus no coal, no nukes, etc.

REMEMBER...Obama never said it...Obama never said it...Obama never said it...Obama never said it...

WhoWee said:
Just remember Obama and Biden NEVER said they didn't support domestic drilling for oil...

REMEMBER...Obama never said it...Obama never said it...Obama never said it...Obama never said it...
Wrong...wrong...wrong...wrong...wrong.
“When I’m president, I intend to keep in place the moratorium here in Florida and around the country that prevents oil companies from drilling off Florida’s coasts,” Obama told reporters in Jacksonville in late June. “That’s how we can protect our coastline and still make the investments that will reduce our dependence on foreign oil and bring down gas prices for good.”
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/01/obama-shifts-on-oil-drilling/

In true Obama fashion, though, he keeps his positions soft so when he flip-flops he doesn't have far to go. He still doesn't support it - what he says is he'd accept it if forced to compromise.
"If, in order to get that passed, we have to compromise in terms of a careful, well thought-out drilling strategy that was carefully circumscribed to avoid significant environmental damage - I don't want to be so rigid that we can't get something done," Obama said.
IMO, refusing to take a stand is worse than flip-flopping.

I never said he wasn't a talented politician.

? Certainly, he is, but I don't see what that has to do with your post. He was relatively clear that he did not support drilling. Now he is very unclear about support for drilling. His own position didn't have much room for hedge - his new one is all hedge.

russ_watters said:
? Certainly, he is, but I don't see what that has to do with your post. He was relatively clear that he did not support drilling. Now he is very unclear about support for drilling. His own position didn't have much room for hedge - his new one is all hedge.

I agree, the only reason people can't catch Obama flip-flopping is that you actually have to TAKE a position before you can change it. Everything he says has just enough of a hedge-factor to make it meaningless.

russ_watters said:
Is English your first language? The way he said it, it is clearly a twist on the common cliche' "if I were in charge..."

Then that's a strange choice of words. It was when he said he aspires to be, that carries a peculiar connotation beyond the twist you interpreted.

English is my first language.

Let me clarify...I was being facetious...Obama is an expert at saying something that has a very clear meaning to his intended audience...then does a 180 and explains it otherwise (when convenient). They call that "spin"...given his relationship with Hollywood and the mainstream media...it's not surprising.

He's also good at preemptive comments...(he said he considered dabbling with drugs as a teen, raised by a single mother, "they'll" say he doesn't look like the other presidents, etc.)...truth is - Obama is the only one saying these things...made it sound as though someone was picking on him unfairly...and guess who spoon fed the comments to us.

Now that is talent. I'm just not sure it's what we need in a President...not even press secretary.

I deal with deceptive professional people everyday...it has become the norm. I expect clients to lie to me...I overcome their deceptions and negotiate. But my expectations of my coworkers are much different...if you lie to or manipulate a coworker...you're gone.

I want to hold my leaders accountable to a higher standard. I expect my leader to be honest with me, to give it to me straight...say what he means and do what he says.

This has long been the problem with Bush...regardless of any good things he's done...because of WMD's...nobody believes him anymore. We fully expect to be deceived by Iran, N. Korea, China, Russia, Cuba...not the President of the United States!

If Obama can't be straight...he shouldn't expect to be elected.

Obama says he wants positive change...but (I think) he's becoming more like (the perception of) Bush every day.

WhoWee said:
...but (I think) he's becoming more like (the perception of) Bush every day.

Actually the most amusing parallels seem to be with what Bush was saying in 2000 and what Palin is saying now. Placed side by side it's an uncanny echo - right out of the Rove play book. I think it was on the Daily show. (If I run across it, I'll post it here for your benefit.)

I'm wondering if perhaps you've become so used to the Bush/Cheney/Rove years of deception and incompetence and Right Wing adventure that you've become unacquainted with what honest people actually sound like?

McCain 08 is certainly no McCain 00, or even McCain 04. Without his political integrity, his bipartisanship reputation, and his honesty, McCain has nothing of value as a politician. He has no economic expertise, and a completely dead-wrong world-view on foreign policy. He has now surrounded himself with lobbyists and campaign strategists that he was famously against in the past.

Problem with McCain right now is that he can't even dress up a lie. He would tell you he suspends his campaign because he "wants to fix the economy"; or Palin being the "best energy expert"; or Obama's tax policy would raise tax the middle class. etc. McCain is tainted by being within closed proximity to George Bush and his groupie. Above all else, bold-face lies is something that I can't stomach.

McCain needs the support from religious base, and the backing from the lobbyists. He is willing use gambits to satisfy his ambition, to win the election at all cost. The Palin VP pick reveals that his only goal is to be elected, not to govern. However, I don't think it is completely up to him to become what he is today. He knows he cannot win running an honest campaign. And so it is, he becomes another victim to the two party system political theater of America.

RIP, the true Maverick McCain.

Let's assume WE are all being honest...or aren't we ready for THAT reality?

I can't remember ever being this...disappointed...and pessimistic about the future.

I don't know what everyone else is experiencing right now...but every deal I'm involved with has ground to an absolute halt. Everyone is taking a "wait and see" approach. Worst part...they're not even sure WHAT they're waiting for...and I've inquired.

Even if everyone on this site is totally wrong about McCain...and he wins and proves himself honorable beyond a shadow of a doubt...Nancy Pelosi will ultimately stand in the way of any progress.

If Obama wins...Nancy Pelosi will still be "a force to be (reconned) with" (I've always wanted to say that).

Maybe I give her too much credit...but she presented herself in a full frontal position last week. She's a little too power hungry for me.

phoenixy said:
McCain 08 is certainly no McCain 00, or even McCain 04. Without his political integrity, his bipartisanship reputation, and his honesty, McCain has nothing of value as a politician. He has no economic expertise, and a completely dead-wrong world-view on foreign policy. He has now surrounded himself with lobbyists and campaign strategists that he was famously against in the past.

Problem with McCain right now is that he can't even dress up a lie. He would tell you he suspends his campaign because he "wants to fix the economy"; or Palin being the "best energy expert"; or Obama's tax policy would raise tax the middle class. etc. McCain is tainted by being within closed proximity to George Bush and his groupie. Above all else, bold-face lies is something that I can't stomach.

McCain needs the support from religious base, and the backing from the lobbyists. He is willing use gambits to satisfy his ambition, to win the election at all cost. The Palin VP pick reveals that his only goal is to be elected, not to govern. However, I don't think it is completely up to him to become what he is today. He knows he cannot win running an honest campaign. And so it is, he becomes another victim to the two party system political theater of America.

RIP, the true Maverick McCain.

I actually voted for him in the primary, as I was more concerned about Romney being the nominee. I considered that McCain actually had some honor. I thought that he had been mistreated by the Rove politics of meanness in earlier campaigns and that he would be the safer choice, though I was not expecting to support the Republican in November regardless.

I can see now that my assessment of McCain was mistaken. I think he has sold himself even like Mitt Romney in some Faustian pact with the Religious zealotry of self enrichment merely for the purpose of personal aggrandizement. I'd say he is at this point a ship without a rudder or a moral compass. Being blinded by ambition hardly translates into any change from the current status quo.

WhoWee said:
Maybe I give her too much credit...but she presented herself in a full frontal position last week. She's a little too power hungry for me.

Whatever the Nation's ills they are not likely due to Pelosi. I haven't seen her do anything but be the target of the right wing attacks.

If the current trends continue, I'm expecting that there will be a Democratic tsunami that will sweep the halls of congress clean of these pork-barrel, rebate and spend Republicans.

LowlyPion said:
Whatever the Nation's ills they are not likely due to Pelosi. I haven't seen her do anything but be the target of the right wing attacks.

If the current trends continue, I'm expecting that there will be a Democratic tsunami that will sweep the halls of congress clean of these pork-barrel, rebate and spend Republicans.

The "Democratic Tsunami" is what I'm afraid of...and by the way...doesn't "rebate" mean you had to pay for something first...were (likely) over-charged...and then got your money back?

When you take something that isn't yours (OUR money) and give it to your friends and supporters and people with their hands out that don't pay for anything (except with OUR money/OUR credit) that's called Democratic leadership.

Right?

WhoWee said:
When you take something that isn't yours (OUR money) and give it to your friends and supporters and people with their hands out that don't pay for anything (except with OUR money/OUR credit) that's called Democratic leadership.

Right?

You're mistaken. The right of the Legislature to raise revenues through taxation for the common good is inherent in the Constitution
US_Constitution_Article_I said:
Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

This is the country you are a citizen of. This is the country you benefit from insofar as what you have learned or earned or has been passed to you by inheritance. To make the claim that the country has no rights to tax you flies in the face of the fundamental engine that was established when the country was founded. So I'm sure that can't be your claim.

Drawing upon conjecture then to suppose that your money is going to anyone but the Government looks to be wildly speculative. If there are actual abuses, I have confidence that they will sort themselves out. But suggesting that Pelosi is handing out money like party favors to her friends, looks to me like idle speculation that you would employ in place of engaging Pelosi on her policies and actions.

LowlyPion said:
You're mistaken. The right of the Legislature to raise revenues through taxation for the common good is inherent in the ConstitutionThis is the country you are a citizen of. This is the country you benefit from insofar as what you have learned or earned or has been passed to you by inheritance. To make the claim that the country has no rights to tax you flies in the face of the fundamental engine that was established when the country was founded. So I'm sure that can't be your claim.

Drawing upon conjecture then to suppose that your money is going to anyone but the Government looks to be wildly speculative. If there are actual abuses, I have confidence that they will sort themselves out. But suggesting that Pelosi is handing out money like party favors to her friends, looks to me like idle speculation that you would employ in place of engaging Pelosi on her policies and actions.

Please do not twist my words...please read them...when did I EVER say the government doesn't have the right to tax me...and don't question my patriotism.

No Taxation Without Representation...I don't think that means spend money you don't have...bill us later.

I do maintain the government does not have a right to waste OUR taxes!

I responded to a posting that blames spending abuses on Republicans only. Democrats didn't catch the phrase "tax and spend" sitting on the sidelines. I'm angry with both parties. We need accountability and a balance of power for our system to function properly.

Are you comfortable with the "representation of need" we've received in the past week regarding the bailout? Aren't you just a little concerned about the way the whole bailout was presented...then padded with "sweeteners"...and pushed through?

Did you listen to the Pelosi speech last week regarding the bailout? You don't think she's a little over the top? She has a lot of power...and with Obama in office...who will say NO?

The Democratic leadership (in general) has a long history of giveaways. You can't just blame the Republicans. btw...Even though I grew up in a midwest steel town (Democratic) I've always been an independent.

WhoWee said:
No Taxation Without Representation...I don't think that means spend money you don't have...bill us later..

For us it means that you have the right to representation in Congress.

McCain turning to Mud to pull out a victory now.

Things must be desperate indeed. They've turned to the dirt dug in the Democratic primary about the supposed involvement with William Ayers.
WashingtonPost said:
The only hard facts that have come out so far are the $200 contribution by Ayers to the Obama re-election fund, and their joint membership of the eight-person Woods Fund Board. Ayers did not respond to e-mails and telephone calls requesting clarification of the relationship. Obama spokesman Bill Burton noted in a statement that Ayers was a professor of education at the University of Illinois and a former aide to Mayor Richard M. Daley, and continued:

" Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous."
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/02/obamas_weatherman_connection.html

Desperation in the face of the coming whirlwind. The country may not end in Depression, but the Republican officeholders are sure looking at a s---storm.
sandstorm

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
For us it means that you have the right to representation in Congress.

(We're holding 2 conversations)

You're right...unfortunately, I can only vote for MY representatives. I wish everyone else would pay attention to who they elect to the House and Senate...and keep them accountable!

We have far too many "lifers" in Congress...and in some cases 2nd generation lifers.

We need to remember, our elected representatives may or may not have started out like us...but they evolve over time.

Most of our elected representatives live part of the year in metro D.C., spend a substantial amount of time and money running for office, constantly campaign to stay in office, help other people stay in office, do nearly constant fund raising, work in Congress (which is unlike any other office environment with lots of procedures and rules), make life and death decisions regarding people they've never met, and round off to the nearest (?) $ billion on many agreements.

They really are not "one of us"...after a few terms, they become "one of them"...a professional politician. Some times, we the people need to remind our elected officials that we're the shareholders...they work FOR us...and we're watching.

WhoWee said:
...and don't question my patriotism.
Since I'm not, no need to seek shelter behind it.
I do maintain the government does not have a right to waste OUR taxes!
Who's advocating that as a right?
We need accountability and a balance of power for our system to function properly.
See. We're even using the same Hymnal.
Are you comfortable with the "representation of need" we've received in the past week regarding the bailout? Aren't you just a little concerned about the way the whole bailout was presented...then padded with "sweeteners"...and pushed through?
If it didn't require sweeteners ... where were the Republicans on the first vote?
Did you listen to the Pelosi speech last week regarding the bailout? You don't think she's a little over the top?
The Republicans have been squandering the National purse the last 8 years. You're going to blame her for not being charitable in trying to clean up their mess?
The Democratic leadership (in general) has a long history of giveaways.
Clinton managed a surplus and strong economic growth. What's Bush's excuse?
You can't just blame the Republicans.
Seems like as good a place to start as any. It's their deficits. Their war.

There is no excuse for Bush or the past 8 years coming from MY keyboard.

As for Clinton...let's not go there...even Hilary said NAFTA needs fixed.

I don't believe for a moment that Nancy Pelosi created this mess...on the other hand Dodd and a few others have some explaining to do...hopefully he won't be chosen to lead the investigation.

Regardless of the Presidential outcome, I believe Nancy Pelosi will have the most influence-potential in Washington over the next 4 years (regardless of her term timeline...let's assume she'll be re-elected).

WhoWee said:
... I believe Nancy Pelosi will have the most influence-potential in Washington over the next 4 years (regardless of her term timeline...let's assume she'll be re-elected).

There's no question she will be a powerful lady in the new year. There is of course the possibility there is a change of leadership and a new Speaker is chosen, which I wouldn't wholly discount until the constituents of the House are elected. But the most likely outcome, however, I think is that Pelosi will continue, for better or worse.

LowlyPion said:
I actually voted for him in the primary, as I was more concerned about Romney being the nominee. I considered that McCain actually had some honor. I thought that he had been mistreated by the Rove politics of meanness in earlier campaigns and that he would be the safer choice, though I was not expecting to support the Republican in November regardless.

I can see now that my assessment of McCain was mistaken. I think he has sold himself even like Mitt Romney in some Faustian pact with the Religious zealotry of self enrichment merely for the purpose of personal aggrandizement. I'd say he is at this point a ship without a rudder or a moral compass. Being blinded by ambition hardly translates into any change from the current status quo.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/30/debate.main/index.html

Do you still remember the primary debate, in which he falsely accused Romney on Iraq timetable? Romney protested right away and correct him on the lie. Then McCain repeat the same accusation again in the debate to sink his opponent.

And yet, the media narrative gave McCain the victory and the momentum. I wonder if this is a turning point for him, where he came to realize personal integrity can be sacrifice on the road to Whitehouse. That he finally realized he wants, needs, and above all, embraces Rovian tactic. That it is possible to manipulate the media and stretch the truth.

russ_watters said:
Wrong...wrong...wrong...wrong...wrong. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/01/obama-shifts-on-oil-drilling/

In true Obama fashion, though, he keeps his positions soft so when he flip-flops he doesn't have far to go. He still doesn't support it - what he says is he'd accept it if forced to compromise. IMO, refusing to take a stand is worse than flip-flopping.
If he doesn't compromise, you'd call him too left wing. And if he does compromise, you call him wishy-washy? I don't know about you, but I haven't heard anyone extolling the virtues of legislative compromise more than McCain.

Most folks in Congress have compromised on issues they disagree with if they have to vote on a bill. There's no way anyone can agree completely with every single proposal in most any bill, yet bills get passed all the time. So legislators make compromises against their positions, and this was one time that Obama chose to make such a compromise.

Obama said:
Last week, Washington finally made some progress on this. A group of Democrat and Republican Senators sat down and came up with a compromise on energy that includes many of the proposals I've worked on as a Senator and many of the steps I've been calling for on this campaign. It's a plan that would invest in renewable fuels and batteries for fuel-efficient cars, help automakers re-tool, and make a real investment in renewable sources of energy.

Like all compromises, this one has its drawbacks. It includes a limited amount of new offshore drilling, and while I still don't believe that's a particularly meaningful short-term or long-term solution, I am willing to consider it if it's necessary to actually pass a comprehensive plan. I am not interested in making the perfect the enemy of the good - particularly since there is so much good in this compromise that would actually reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/stateupdates/gG5zCW

Moonbear said:
I agree, the only reason people can't catch Obama flip-flopping is that you actually have to TAKE a position before you can change it. Everything he says has just enough of a hedge-factor to make it meaningless.
Everything? Can you quote a few examples, point out where the hedge factor comes in, and/or explain how you would have preferred he worded it that made the point hedge-free?

WhoWee said:
Just remember Obama and Biden NEVER said they didn't support domestic drilling for oil (something to the effect that - the price would just have to go to (European price levels) if necessary...then we'll use less...and be forced to find alternative energy sources****this is what made me dislike Obama btw), plus no coal, no nukes, etc.
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, or where you're getting all this info from - hope it's not Michelle Malkin!

From the speech I cited above:
Obama said:
In addition, we'll find safer ways to use nuclear power and store nuclear waste. And we'll invest in the technology that will allow us to use more coal, America's most abundant energy source, with the goal of creating five "first-of-a-kind" coal-fired demonstration plants with carbon capture and sequestration.

Gokul43201 said:
If he doesn't compromise, you'd call him too left wing. And if he does compromise, you call him wishy-washy? I don't know about you, but I haven't heard anyone extolling the virtues of legislative compromise more than McCain.

Precisely! Obama should be applauded for this. Even though he recognizes the futility of this action [the pretense that it will have a signficant impact, as McCain has lied about], he is willing to reach across the aisle in order to get things done. Unfortunately, even after all that has happened, some people still prefer the "my way or the highway" approach to government.

Moonbear said:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

I know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military is a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda. I am not opposed to all wars. I’m opposed to dumb wars.
- Barack Obama, October, 2002
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16903253/page/2/

How much more specific can one be; esp when faced with a war-crazed nation? When it counted the most, he made his position crystal clear. And he was absolutely correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
How much more specific can one be; esp when faced with a war-crazed nation? When it counted the most, he made his position crystal clear. And he was absolutely correct.
I'll give him credit for saying we shouldn't go to war, but he was anything but "crystal clear". All of the consequences were "undetermined".

russ_watters said:
I'll give him credit for saying we shouldn't go to war, but he was anything but "crystal clear". All of the consequences were "undetermined".

Right. So he said he doesn't want to go to war because the consequences are undetermined, and you are saying he sucks because he couldn't tell you the consequences.

Please tell me you are joking. For your own sake.

I don't hear anyone talking about McCain's military training, knowledge and experience.

Anyone can pull out of Iraq...walk away from all of the $ Billions (certainly wouldn't be the first time) and leave our companies and the new leadership to defend themselves...they should have been paying ($10 B/mos) for protection for the last year or 2 anyway. I'm sure they have contingency plans. They certainly have resources.

The biggest mistake in Iraq AND by far the stupidest thing I ever heard (really) was that our National Guard troops would be sent to Iraq on long deployments...IDIOTIC!

I think Bush's logic was that we needed peacekeepers...not warriors? People who would not shoot first...parents (not their 18 yr old children), professional people who are more even tempered...WE STAFFED A WAR ZONE WITH NON-COMBAT TROOPS and HEAD of HOUSEHOLD PROVIDERS. How many of the deaths in Iraq have been National Guard troops?

In the good old days people (Bush for one) joined the Guard to avoid having to go to war. In the back of my mind I've long thought Bush might be justifying/enhancing his own service...is that possible?

These good/hard working people SHOULD NEVER have been sent there. The National Guard has an important role...it's not overseas deployment...think Homeland Security.

Back to Iraq, we can always send special forces back to deal with isolated situations. Okay, I GET IT, Iraq can be solved...by either candidate.

But, moving forward...we need someone who has a solid framework of what to do (based on training) and will listen to the RIGHT advisers...someone who can't be BS'd about war (remember Johnson and Nixon re war management?). Not a good place to learn on the job...never good for our troops either.

McCain (the son and grandson of Admirals, Naval Academy, Vietnam) is experienced, HE IS NOT.>>>.BUSH (father had experience, but National Guard was his experience) and...(like Clinton) Obama has NO personal military experience.

The reality is the terrorist groups will NEVER give up (ask W. Europe)...THIS WILL NEVER END...Bush made sure of that...and forget about diplomacy.

Iran is a hot spot, Syria (who knows), Africa has open conflicts, Russia is re-establishing it's regional control, Korea is a concern, and Israel becomes more vulnerable to long range attack every year.

With all of that as a backdrop...we have troops in Afghanistan and border incidents with (politically unstable) Nuclear Pakistan (India next?). If I was a terrorist on the run...I'd cross into a neutral country for safety...then cross the border to attack and retreat to a safe place (remember Cambodia and Laos?). History tells us it's hard to defend without expanding the conflict.

Everyone seems to agree Afghanistan is the best front to fight Al Quaida, but remember Russia's experience there? Wasn't good...and let's not forget our "dabbling" in that conflict...they haven't forgotten. Last...look at a map...we're pretty close to China again too.

Our next President better have a very good handle on WAR. Talk is fine when you're selling a product/getting elected...but tough talk and inexperience will get you beat up publicly most every time.

The only way to slow global terrorist recruiting is to 1.) try not re-invigorate them/motivate/impassion them to a cause and, 2.) make the job of being a terrorist unattractive - not something they can see themselves doing...at least not when it involves us, and 3.) give them a reason to want/need to do something else.

Anarchy doesn't work...for most people.

I like to use images...you don't see domestic street gangs (the street terrorists - drug dealers who shoot each other in drive-by's) now expanding into armed robberies of banks and WalMarts.

Why?

Probably because it would drastically change the rules of our engagement with them. They know their limits and operate safely within the comfort of our legal system. Armed bank robberies often result in shootouts and death...the public doesn't usually care if the Police shoot an armed bank robber.

It used to be a mistake for terrorists to target American soil. They started with soft targets around the world...then followed our domestic terrorists lead and tried to blow up the WTC...failed and made sure the next attempt wouldn't. That tells me the next attempt will be a real WMD.

I personally want the best military leaders we can find...on the job. McCain is the best choice for this reason...everything else is opinion and talk.

Last edited:
WhoWee said:
I don't hear anyone talking about McCain's military training, knowledge and experience.

You don't want to hear about it. McCain was the bottom 5th of his class and made it out with some strings pull. McCain crashed more air craft then George Bush by margin of 5-0. Those weren't John's brightest days.

McCain would likely to run any war into ground, the way he is doing with his campaign. If he can't his manage his own staffs, he is not fit to lead the country.

It's also fun to watch Biden, the senate foreign relation chair, schools him on the difference between tactic and strategy after the first debate. It would had been a bloodbath if these two have a debate on foreign policy.