Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Recent Growth in Popularity of Pabst Blue Ribbon

1. Jun 23, 2003 #1
    Well, what do you expect the hipsters to drink when they put on their Levis and trucker hats and go to faux dive bars?

The only thing that suprises me is that Major League Baseball hasn't yet benefited from the new classic American fad.

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2003 #2
    Does PBR still have the wonderful blue foil around the neck of the bottle? Otherwise, it's just plain beer.

4. Jun 23, 2003 #3
    PBR sucks!

Thanks for listening.

5. Jun 23, 2003 #4
  6. Jun 23, 2003 #5
    PBR was popular at the rock club near me, when I used to set out afoot for a nice quiet drink (heh! heh!) and slough back home after 2:30 AM. (Alas, they closed down and I don't go out nights any more) PBR was popular because it was the cheap tap. I drank tall can after tall can of something else, I forget what. Cans are easier for controlling spillage while rocking out.

7. Jun 24, 2003 #6
    If you're looking to get smashed $6.99 for a case is the way to go.

I personally won't drink cheep beers. Although in high school I drank Steel Reverse and even Pabst on occasion. Now Rolling Rock is as cheap as I'll go.

8. Jun 24, 2003 #7
    It's ghetto fabulous!

I noticed this when I was in Chicago last year... hipsters in their thick-rimmed glasses drinking PBR and discussing Yo La Tengo. Ah...

9. Jun 24, 2003 #8
    Man, we used to buy gallons of the stuff...what a way to waste your youth, huh?

10. Jun 24, 2003 #9
    pffft... If you are going to get bad tasting, cheap beer, Steel Reserve is the only way to go. A 40 gets you lit up.

11. Jun 25, 2003 #10
    If you're going to drink 40s, then have no business drinking anything but Colt 45 (also made by the Pabst Company) out of a paper bag. Well, I suppose a Mickey's would be acceptable.

eNtRopY

12. Jun 25, 2003 #11
    To accompany that bilge, one needs a big, fat super burrito that makes one fart like a chemical WMD.

Good grief! Have I come to this pass? :(

13. Jun 25, 2003 #12
    WORST BEER EVER

The absolute worst tasting beer I've ever had was Salty Dog, and believe me, there was no contest. I was in a motel in Bangor, Maine -- where they brew the sh:t -- and the girl I travelling with spilled some on the bathroom countertop. This beer permanently stained the linoleum countertop -- almost like a woodstain! We laughed so hard in disbelieve! I am not exaggerating.

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2003
  14. Jun 26, 2003 #13
    Or for the more refined hillbilly, you can opt for the trusty Box O' Wine. Now THAT's entertainment;)

The worst beer I ever had I can't even remember the name of, but it was *gag* chocolate beer. It was new years, my friends couldn't get anyone to down it, and after about half a 5th of barcardi 151, I was persuaded into it. Now, imagine that much 151 topped with a nice salty chocolate tasting beer. I don't think that stuff even made it down to my stomach before it made a return appearance. I can't remember most of that night with clarity, but I DO clearly remember how nasty that beer was

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?