Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The rest of the gang from Tsu and Ivan

1. Jul 22, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, we have gone this far, and since we have shared so much with so many of you already, I wanted to share a little from our beloved and now dearly departed that we have mentioned on numerous occasions. Most of them lived 12-14 years, less Bun II who only lived 4.5, and Yiddo who lived 19 years. We lost many of these guys in the last few years. Some of these pictures are quite old; like twelve years or more. It is sad that they are gone but it was one big happy family for a very long time. I will break this up into several posts.

First, Grunt, and Bambi, mother to Spud and Tater. The second picture down was taken only minutes after the babies were born.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The puppies in decending order, Crash, Dr Who, and the last one with Phoenix.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  4. Jul 22, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bun the 2nd, Dipster, Dirt III [the Terd] and Yiddo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Jul 22, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wizard the horse with the cows in the background [that come over to visit].

[​IMG]

6. Jul 22, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The flood picture is taken from the bridge seen over the creek in the snow picture. We have seen some interesting times here.

[​IMG]

Tsu and her birthday present. I will let her explain.
    [​IMG]

7. Jul 22, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One of Tsu's many gardens every year, and proof that we do indeed live at the end of the rainbow.

[​IMG]

8. Jul 22, 2004 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Is that a flying goat?

All of the pictures are so wonderful. It is so sad when you lose them. :frown:

The first picture of crash looks like my Brittany Spaniel, Kevin, but the other photos don't look like a Brittany.

Tsunami, your garden looks like it was done by a professional, absolutely beautiful. Now my piddly flowers look shabby in comparison. :cry:

The pictures of where you live are so nice. :approve:

So, Tsu got a helicopter for her birthday? :wink:

Thank you so much for sharing Ivan!! :smile:

9. Jul 22, 2004 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks for those pictures. How wonderful to have had all those precious creatures in your life, each so special in his/her own way.

10. Jul 22, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Indeed! When they were little they loved to run up the ramp to the top of the dog-goat house seen and then leap off the end with the longest drop - about six feet. Apparently, for a baby goat it doesn't get much better.

She is a master. :approve: CHRONIC!!! :grumpy: But a master nonetheless. :tongue2:

For a couple of hours anyway. :biggrin: It was fun though. She didn't know anything about it until the helicopter and a pilot and I landed in the pasture. She about peed her pants. :surprise:

11. Jul 22, 2004 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would never get buried so deeply again but it was great. You can now imagine the scene when Tsu and I would walk around the lower property line while followed by the dogs, all four goats, two or three cats, the horse and about ten cows; in precisely that order. :biggrin: Like I said, for a time Tsu and I thought we were Mr and Mrs Noah. It was so much fun! :approve:

12. Jul 22, 2004 #11

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:frown: having problem seeing your pictures ('ll try again later).. may I steal the show for a second? They're not all alive anymore either, but it was good to have them:
    [​IMG]
    On top: Chanel, right: Tijgertje, in the shoebox.. top: Dikkie Dik, left: Minoush, middle: Sheba, right: Tommie and on the staircase (not in the picture :redface:) is Patrick, a black cat with a white chin :biggrin:

13. Jul 22, 2004 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh boy!!! Thats a cotton of kittens! :biggrin:

14. Jul 22, 2004 #13

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lovely pictures!! :biggrin: ..living at the end of the rainbow huh? :eek:

lol, I can relate to being followed when walking the dog :rolleyes:
    it were just seven cats though, not a whole farm :uhh:
    (the rest of the farm we kept indoors)

15. Jul 22, 2004 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

ahh..so that's Dikkie Dik! I remember the name from another thread. Cute cats, Monique!
    I heard a rumor that when kittens pile up on each other to sleep that they try to assume same position in the pile that they had in the womb. For instance, if Fluffy was on top of Muffy and next to Freddy when Mom was carrying them around, then Fluffy will always sleep on top of Muffy and next to Freddy after they are born. I always wondered if that was true.

16. Jul 22, 2004 #15

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually he is named after a childrens cartoon character (also a red cat):
    [​IMG]

The most dominant one will try to stay on top I guess? Isn't it funny though how that small shoebox is streched beyond proportions, with cats hanging out on all sides? The white one was just crawling in, pushing the tortoised one out :rofl:

17. Jul 22, 2004 #16

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Awww, I am such a sucker for animals. How CUTE!!!! Cats LOVE boxes. One of my cats is known for climbing into any box, no matter how small. If he can get his feet in, he considers himself to have suceeded, even if the rest of his body is hanging outside the box.

18. Jul 22, 2004 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My fat cat Jellyroll also likes to sit in way-too-small containers. I figured it was kind of a denial about her weight problem.

19. Jul 22, 2004 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, very cute pictures! I miss being around goats...they are just so fun! Okay, the females anyway...I would prefer to never be around another male goat, ever. Obviously you had at least one around with those little kids appearing. I LOVE watching kids play...especially when they climb on mom to play "king of the hill." Of course it looks like your dog/goat house was good for that too! I'm always amazed at the jumping skills of goats, especially the young ones that can leap practically straight up...it just makes you smile.

20. Jul 23, 2004 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The baby billy, which we had wethered early on btw, liked to have head butting contests with me...well, really head pushing contests. I would probably lose if he started to butt. :biggrin: I would put my head down to his level, and he would place his head against mine and then start to push; ever so slowly and gently. I was always amazed at how careful he was not to hurt me. So, then we would push and push for all he was worth until I had enough. This was fun until his horns came in. :surprise:

21. Jul 23, 2004 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hadn't seen the box. That's funny!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?