Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Return of the S U P E R D U D E S ! ! !

1. Aug 8, 2003 #1
    Okay, I don't know how many of you were here for PF version 2.0, but we had this pretty awesome thread (started by myself) where everyone had to state what their super-power is and what their super-hero name will be.

Here are the official rules of the game:

1. You may choose one and only one super-power. This does not mean two or three or even four super-powers, just one.

2. Your super-power must be a MINOR super-power. For example, you MAY NOT choose super-human strength, but you MAY choose the ability to open any jar of pickles in the universe. You my MAY NOT choose ability to fly; you MAY choose the ability to levitate exactly one foot off the ground without going anywhere.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2003 #2
    My super-power will be the ability to make ladies blush with a strange feeling of crushiness on demand.

Henceforth, you will know me as...

4. Aug 8, 2003 #3

Science Advisor

I am Partical Man!!!

I have the power of superposition. I can exist in two very close spaces at the same time, except when somebody is looking at me to see if I'm doing it. Then, my Eigenstate becomes fixed and I can only exist in the space in which they see me.

But trust me, when you're not looking, I can do it.
  5. Aug 8, 2003 #4
    Hahaha... that's a good one. Reminds me of the African-American kid from the movie the Mystery Men.

6. Aug 8, 2003 #5

Science Advisor

Never saw that one. Partical Man was originally a comic-book idea by a friend of mine. He was going to combine ghost;y abitlities like using quantum tunneling to walk through walls, and mind-clouding like The Shadow ("yea I saw him going North, now where was that?" or "He went passed me on Tenth Street, ahh... don't rightly recall which way he was headed, though").
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?