Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Ridiculist

1. Oct 8, 2011 #1
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/10/07/ac-ridiculist-olsens-backpack.cnn

I've watched a few of these recently and have really come to like them. The $39,000 backpack is hilarious! If you're so rich that you'd want to spend this sort of money...

Even Bill Gates, the richest man on Earth (supposedly) isn't that wasteful. I think he'd much rather toss an extra $39,000 towards charity rather than blow it funding the Olsen twins wasteful lifestyle.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2011 #2
    The people who buy the backpack are a bit out there in my opinion. It doesn't even look that nice, looks rather tacky to wear an animal as a fashion statement. Although society advances we still behave like tribal people.

4. Oct 8, 2011 #3
    i think Anderson has found his niche

5. Oct 19, 2011 #4
    Yes, I think so. I'm amazed at the myriads of justifications to the contrary. No matter how well-educated, the root arguments are little different than that of the least educated. Neanderthals we are not. Humans, however, we are.

6. Oct 19, 2011 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

LAWLS I want that alligator backpack! the $40 one :)

7. Oct 19, 2011 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

<sigh> A $39,000 backpack? A fool and their money are soon parted.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook