Can You Escape The Room? Play This Addictive Online Game Now!

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
In summary, the player finds three keys but cannot open the red box. There is a trick to getting out and the game has a lot of references to time and space.
Dagenais
http://www.datacraft.co.jp/takagism/index_e.html

Boring and repetitive, but can you get out?

Physics news on Phys.org
Very nice game. I got out in no time. There is a trick to it though. I won't spoil it for the rest of you that want to try out the game, but here is a hint:

There is a key that will unlock the location of all the hot spots.

Originally posted by dduardo
Very nice game. I got out in no time. There is a trick to it though. I won't spoil it for the rest of you that want to try out the game, but here is a hint:

There is a key that will unlock the location of all the hot spots.

Where!? I found 3 keys, but couldn't open the red box (had the 2 rings to).

How!? How!? Please tell me. PLEEEEEEASSSE.

EDIT: I started all over and now I can't find the 2nd (gold) ring. I think it was behind the bed post, but it isn't anymore...

Last edited:
These games are soooooooooooooo cool!

I still own a Commodore 64 (in working condition) and I have a game on it, which is just like this only completely with text. Some screen do have a general picture image though, but just to create an atmosphere.

It was my very most favorite game there are three different scenarios in which you are wandering around. The game is HUGE, I used to spend hours walking through all the different rooms, climbing vinetrees, doging ghosts, walking through moores..

The game was a cracked one though, so after many hours it would stall :frown:

I believe the game was called Lord of Time.. do such games still exist? With written commands?

KLscilevothma, wow, MOTAS was a bit longer than the Crimson Room. It took me about 2 hours. Once you beat it though, you get to sign the guest book. My name is somewhere near the top.

http://members.home.nl/albartus/guestbook.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a hint: what did you do with the stones at the bridge?

Did you get the bill gates look alike head?

What do the blocks remind you of?

Notice that there are holes in the glass where you put the stones.

no :( I tried to get the head but couldn't.. I'll try again later sometime..

You need a container to put bill's head in. If you already used the computer than you should have it.

lol, are you serious? I was trying to do all kinds of other stuff.. I am going right back in! (if you don't see me until tomorrow.. ;P)

Here is a tiny adventure game I found. Not very challenging but good visuals and humorous characters

http://www.freshsensation.com/samorost.swf [Broken]

the green wall sucks :(

David:
Very Fun Game!
David Duardo
That's all you had to say?

Yes, I'm very original

Time and Magik

That is the name of my favorite adventure game (which used to run on C64), the games include 'Lords of Time' 'Red Moon' and 'The price of Magik'..

I wonder whether there is anyway to download the software package and run it under windows..

Anyone knows what this means? Emulators?
http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/cgi-bin/infoseek.cgi?regexp=time+and+magik [Broken]
or http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1159

I guess I need to open it in DOS, not sure how though..

Monique, download the emulator:

http://www.spectaculator.com/downloads/

And the game:

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/compilations/TimeAndMagik.dsk.zip[/URL]

The emulator install is pretty self explainatory. When your done installing, just go to file and open the game file that you downloaded. Make sure you unzip the game first.

-------------------

Adventure Game Mania!

Here are some more games you can download:

[url]http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/[/url]

I can't get out of the red room...

Found one ring, the battery, the cassette tape, and a large key which haven't been used. The metal stick and the ring went in the red box. Now I don't know where else to click...

David, you are my Hero!

I think I have found all the objects but I still cannot figure out how to finish the game . I have all three keys; two of them open the drawer but the third won't open the door. I have placed some of the objects into the red box, so I am able to open it. After opening it, I am able to view a projectional silhouette of a person dancing.

I am also wondering what the empty CD case and the paper with the URL used for.

I really am very desperate, so if you do not want to give away the secret to someone else, please send me a private message. Thanks.

I have just found the safe! Unfortunately I do not know what the numbers are supposed to be. 9999 numbers to choose from, how to choose? Perhaps I am not getting something right, so help me please.

Last edited:
I was looking outside to see if something there perhaps had the safe combination on it.

No luck so far.

I don't plan on sitting here and ruinning through every possible combination.

Then again, I am at work, so it's not like I have anything better to do.

Yes! I just got out of the room. I apologise for my annoying bickerings for help: Sorry, I just could not help it .

What is the 13th item?
Is it a CD?
Is there a 13th item?

I have no sound on my work computer...
Will I need to hear something to get out?

I got the safe open.

And I'm out.

Safe? What safe?

Originally posted by Monique
Safe? What safe?

You have to watch the dancing silhouette to find out. There's this subtle thing that tells you where the safe is.

There is a key that will unlock the location of all the hot spots. [/B]

Hmmm... I managed to get out of the room in a different way. Would you care to explain your method?

Last edited:
For those who want to try Time and Magik, some useful info (no spoilers):

This adventure is a trilogy of key episodes from the struggles of the Guardians to protect Time and Magik. The three parts are played as separate games.
In Lords of Time, the evil Timelords are fighting to change world history, with the aim of gaining permanent control over Time and warp eternity according to their wishes. You must bring together nine crucial objects from different times to defeat them.
Red Moon tells how the Red Moon Crystal, only remaining source of magik power, was lost. And how the Guardians selected a lone adventurer to recover it.
And finally The Price of Magik recounts the sad tale of Myglar who, driven mad by the intensity of magikal radiance from the Moon Crystal that he had protected for so long, stole it. His aim was a vain attempt to squander its power and live forever. But a magician of great skill (who eventually rose to lead the Guardians) avoided Myglar's traps, recovered the crystal and ensured that magik survived as long as there was need for it.
System commands. EXITS, INVENTORY and SCORE give information; WORDS, PICTURES, BRIEF, VERBOSE, EXITS ON and EXITS OFF control what is output. UNDO takes you back a move. SAVE, RESTORE, RAM SAVE and RAM RESTORE save your position or return to an earlier position. QUIT stops the game. See the example game on Page iii for details of these commands.
Commands to others. A spell in The Price of Magic let's you control creatures. Type their name, followed by a command such as BAT, GO NORTH.
You can abbreviate commands, such as SOUTH to S and SOUTHEAST to SE, and even type several commands on one line, like EAST, TAKE ALL, WEST. After typing a command (or commands), press the ENTER or RETURN key.
After starting the game I would type in the command WORDS, to get rid of the image..

The following list is only part of its vocabulary, but it gives an idea of what to try:
North, northeast, east (and other compass directions), up, down, in, out, across, climb, again, attack, inventory, quit, restore, save, RAM save, undo, score, wait, shout, search, examine, blink, look, kneel, take, drop, wear, throw, give, fill, empty, open, unlock, close, eat, drink, light, press, wave, blow, rub, dig, insert, turn, pull, wind, kiss, exits, words, pictures, brief, verbose.
Many words can be abbreviated, e.g. "INVENTORY" to "INV".
The following game example is not Time and Magik, but it shows how to play. The player's commands are in capitals, after each > prompt, and any of the text in square brackets is a comment.

>LOOK
You're standing on the north shore of a marshy island, lost in the mists and reed-beds of a great swamp. Frogs croak incessantly.
>GO NORTH
You bravely wade into the cool water, sink up to your neck in a tangle of weeds and barely manage to struggle back to the island.
>NORTH
Some people never learn! You wade into the marsh again, get hopelessly tangled in the weeds and sink beneath the waters. The game is over. You scored 0 out of 1000. Enter UNDO, RESTART, RESTORE or RAM RESTORE.
>UNDO["Take back move" - available on most micros.]
You're standing on the north shore of a marshy island, lost in the mists and reed-beds of a great swamp. Frogs croak incessantly.
>S [SOUTH]
You're on the south shore of the marshy island, which looks exactly like the north shore. You can see a little rowing boat.
>EXITS
Exits lead north and south.
>LOOK AT THE BOAT
Fragile is too good a description for this craft! The only reason for it remaining in one piece must be because the woodworm, deep in its crumbling timbers, are all holding hands.
>GET IN BOAT
OK.
>BRIEF, WORDS, EXITS ON
OK.OK.OK. [Locations Will be described briefly, pictures turned off and exits reported automatically in future. To reverse these choices, you could use VERBOSE, PICTURES and EXITS OFF respectively.
>S[SOUTH]
You're in a little rowing boat in the middle of the swamp. By paddling very carefully, you are able to make slow but steady progress. Exits lead north and south.
>A [AGAIN. Repeat previous command]
You're in a little rowing boat at a jetty. Exits lead north, west and south. You can see a signpost.
>OUT. EXAMINE SIGNPOST
The boat rocks as you get to your feet, then breaks apart and sinks into the depths.
The letters on the sign are too tarnished to see properly.
>RUB SIGNPOST AND READ IT
You clean the signpost and it is readable now. Apparently the west road leads along a causeway to the City of the Moon.
>SCORE
You score 10 out of 1,000.
>RAM SAVE
OK.[Having escaped from the swamp, save your position in RAM - i.e in the computer's memory - in case you encounter difficulties and want to return to this point, using RAM RESTORE. To save to disc or tape, use SAVE and RESTORE respectively.]
>WEST
You are on the east end of a long causeway. Exits lead east and west. You can see a wallet.
>TAKE WALLET AND EXAMINE EVERYTHING
The wallet is a tanned fishskin bag. In the wallet are a coin and a card.
The coin is a golden sovereign.
The card is printed with, "J. Fisher Esq, The Burrow, Pondside".
>EXITS OFF [stop reporting exits]
OK.
You can hear a faint buzzing noise!
>WEST
You are in the middle of the causeway. A swarm of insects appears and starts circling around you!
>EXAMINE THE INSECTS AND HIT THEM
The insects are a kind of virulent mosquito. Something bites your neck!
You flail wildly at the air, but miss everything.
More insects bite you, then they all fly happily away.
>WEST
You are at the west end of the causeway. You can see a pebble. The air seems to be getting colder!
>GET PEBBLE
OK.You seem to have a fever.
>INVENTORY
You own a pebble and a wallet. You shiver uncontrollably.
>WEST
You are on the outskirts of the City of the Moon. Unfortunately, the fever develops apace and you can barely stay on your feet.
>RAM RESTORE [return to the position you saved earlier] You're at a jetty. Exits lead north, west and south. You can see a signpost.
>SOUTH
You are outside a drug store. Exits lead north and in.
>IN
You are in the drug store. You can see a shopkeeper and a bottle of plague antidote pills. "Good morning", says the shopkeeper, "Can I help you?"
>TAKE PILLS
The shopkeeper slaps your hand away. "Naughty!", she scolds, "Antidote pills are extremely valuable - one gold sovereign each!"
>OUT. N. W. GET WALLET. E. S. IN. GIVE SOVEREIGN TO SHOPKEEPER
[then, armed with the antidote pills, try to pass the insects again...]

Originally posted by KLscilevothma
I got a game which is similar to The Room
http://www.albartus.com/motas/

That was a fairly good diversion, though it left me hanging (like Matrix Reloaded). At least it was less claustrophobic than the room.

Here is a tiny adventure game I found. Not very challenging but good visuals and humorous characters

http://www.freshsensation.com/samorost.swf [Broken]
Not very challenging?? What should I do at the second level w/ the three goats?

oh wait, never mind

on the red room, I got 10 of the items, my ring fits into the box- missing another ring and another object?

on the other one, I got to the room with the rat, caught him, and opened the secret panels, but not sure where to go from there