Scholarship Age Requirements for US Study

In summary: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Each school has its own specific requirements for admission, and the cost of tuition, fees, and room and board can vary dramatically from school to school. Additionally, the amount of financial assistance available to international students can also vary dramatically from school to school. There are a few resources available that can help you estimate the cost of attending a certain school. For example, the US Department of Education's International Student Financial Aid website has a calculator that can help you estimate the cost of attendance at various US colleges. However, it is important to keep in mind that the cost of attendance at a US college can vary greatly depending on the specific school you choose to attend
Ahmadsh
the scholarship ?

Hi every body i want to aske about the scholarship ,is the age related to the scholarship? suppose my age is 30 year and i want to go to america to study thier.:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Which scholarship?

I think he means just in general.

Scholarships do not depends on your age per se. They, for the most part, depends on what you come into college as ie freshman, sophomore junior or senior. They also depends on how well your gpa was during course work and previous school work such as high school or cc.

However, since you are consider a non-traditional student, there are a lot of special scholarships offered. The requirements are different but i know of a few that just require you to be non-traditional.

Ok what do you mean by a non-traditional student? & i asked about scholarships which give to students to studing in University such as MIT, STANFORD,BERKELEY ...etc please don't Laugh about my words,i want to study in American Universities Even if have to be take a Secondary Certificate again with a high degrees ,i want to study in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science college,my age now 23 years&i'm not american so the fees is too much so i hope to take a scholarship & i asked about age because I'm not between 17-22 the age of University Students and i want to go to America or Canada if i Accepted after 3-4 years please i want a lot of idea about scholarship

Last edited:
There is an extremely limited number of undergraduate financial assistance to international student. You do not qualify for the usual financial aid package or loans made to most US citizens and permanent residents. The schools also tend to not give their financial aids to international students. The few awards available to international students at some schools are mainly private grants given for specific groups.

The overwhelming majority of undergraduate international students either pay for their own education, or receive scholarships from their home government, home institutions, or some private entities in their home country. Unless you can secure one of these aids, your chances of getting one here in the US is extremely small to non-existent.

Zz.

thanxxxxxxxxx ZapperZ

ok guys,it seems to me that the scholarship in America & Canada its very difficult ...what about studing in Sweden or Germany. Especially, i Heard that studying in Germany is Inexpensive so, do you have any idea about the studying in there or scholarship ?

1. What are the age requirements for scholarships for studying in the US?

The age requirements for scholarships for studying in the US vary depending on the specific scholarship program. Generally, most scholarships require applicants to be at least 18 years old and have completed high school. However, some scholarships may have a minimum age requirement of 21 or even 25. It is important to carefully read the eligibility criteria for each scholarship to determine the age requirements.

2. Is there an age limit for receiving a scholarship for studying in the US?

There is typically no upper age limit for receiving a scholarship for studying in the US. However, some scholarships may have a preference for younger applicants or have specific age requirements for certain programs. It is important to carefully read the eligibility criteria for each scholarship to determine if there is an age limit.

3. Can I apply for scholarships for studying in the US if I am an international student?

Yes, international students are eligible to apply for scholarships for studying in the US. However, some scholarships may only be open to US citizens or permanent residents. It is important to carefully read the eligibility criteria for each scholarship to determine if international students are eligible to apply.

4. Are there any scholarships specifically for older students studying in the US?

Yes, there are scholarships specifically for older students studying in the US. These scholarships may have age requirements or preferences for older applicants. Some examples of scholarships for older students include the AARP Foundation Women's Scholarship Program and the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship.

5. Do I need to meet any other requirements in addition to age to be eligible for scholarships for studying in the US?

In addition to age requirements, most scholarships for studying in the US have other eligibility criteria that applicants must meet. This may include academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, and specific academic or career goals. It is important to carefully read the eligibility criteria for each scholarship to determine all the requirements that must be met.