What is the term for 'the science of everything'?

• Thread starter midnite13
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the question is asking if there is a specific term for the "science of everything." The response suggests that the closest term would be theoretical physics, which is described as the fundamental science that encompasses all other sciences. Within theoretical physics, there is the Theory of Everything or Grand Unified Theory, which aims to explain all physical phenomena.
midnite13
Hello all,

I didn't know which sub/forum was appropriate to ask this question in, so i picked the one with the most pertinent description.

My question is really simple and direct..

Is there a term for 'the science of everything'?

Thanks for your help!

Physics news on Phys.org
Omniscience :rofl:.

Jokes aside, when dealing with all of the sciences, I would call it science, plain and simple. Science is a methodological system of problem solving.

I do not know if there is an official term for the "science of everything."

I am curious - why do you need to know this?

Saketh said:
Omniscience
:rofl: :rofl: Good one.

There is: theoretical physics. Physics is THE fundamental science, all other sciences are special cases of it. If you are looking inside Physics, then the postulated model able to describe all physical phenomena exactly is called the Theory of Everything (ToE) or the Grand Unified Theory (GUT).

1. What is the definition of "The Science of Everything"?

The Science of Everything is a term used to describe the study of all natural and physical phenomena in the universe, including the laws and principles that govern them.

2. What are the main branches of science included in "The Science of Everything"?

The main branches of science included in "The Science of Everything" are biology, chemistry, physics, geology, astronomy, and environmental science.

3. How does "The Science of Everything" impact our daily lives?

"The Science of Everything" has a significant impact on our daily lives as it helps us understand the world around us, develop new technologies, and make informed decisions about our health, environment, and society.

4. Is "The Science of Everything" ever-changing?

Yes, "The Science of Everything" is constantly evolving as new discoveries and advancements are made through research and experimentation.

5. How can someone become more knowledgeable about "The Science of Everything"?

One can become more knowledgeable about "The Science of Everything" by reading books, attending lectures and conferences, conducting experiments, and staying up-to-date with the latest scientific discoveries and advancements.