Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Secret on how men can attract women

1. Feb 17, 2013 #1
    There is so much baloney that people write and say about how men can get women to feel attracted to them. I have seen and heard so called pick up artists argue this ad nauseum. Male pick up artists all say: It's all about confidence. This is such baloney. Whoever heard of a woman who said that she values confidence in a man above all else? I haven't. I have seen books for men about how to attract women. I have heard of seminars that men attend to learn how to attract women. It is all so silly.

Here is the real secret for men on how to attract women: Be tall.

Ask any woman what she wants in a man and height tops the list. Women don't say they want a man who is confident, dark, and handsome. Women say they want a man who is tall, dark, and handsome.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2013 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

My dad and both grandfathers were shorter than me. They were 5' 7'' or less, and all three found wives and their marriages lasted 50+ years. My parents are working toward 60 years of marriage, and they were engaged for about 6 or 7 years before they married, so they've been together more than 60 years.

I think women prefer men who a sincere/honest, kind, thoughtful, somewhat handsome, and confident.

4. Feb 17, 2013 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Even the handsome part is optional.

5. Feb 17, 2013 #4

Drakkith

I think the "attraction" part is optional. Makes for much cheaper nights at the club if your a guy. It's just a bit lonelier afterwards.

6. Feb 18, 2013 #5

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Having confidence and social skills can lead to an interesting and enjoyable conversation, which helps push things along :wink:

7. Feb 18, 2013 #6
    Earn more mony.

EDIT: Bold

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  8. Feb 18, 2013 #7
    I think I have no idea what attracts women in general but sanity, stability, and kindness go a long way in maintaining a long term relationship with a sane, kind, and stable woman. I see a lot of threads on what it takes to attract women though, so maybe this long term relationship thing doesn't really apply.

9. Feb 18, 2013 #8
    I've heard it being included in girls' top 3 things a couple of times. One girl in particular that I thought I liked in college was very fervent about it.

10. Feb 18, 2013 #9

Hepth

Gold Member

There's also the divergence between what women want and what women SAY they want ;)

11. Feb 19, 2013 #10

phion

Gold Member

Shower.

12. Feb 19, 2013 #11
    Could not agree more.

13. Feb 19, 2013 #12
    The problem with women is that they have a macroscopic uncertainty principle, their [itex] \hbar[/itex] is of the order of the meter, so no classical mechanics for you, and don't try perturbative methods neither.

14. Feb 19, 2013 #13

Ryan_m_b

Oh for the love of...do people seriously believe there are some magical set of minor characteristics that half the population can't help but be attracted to? It's not that difficult people:

1 - women are just as diverse as men in what they find attractive

2 - there are many traits that the majority of people find attractive but there is no trait that is universally liked all by itself

Think of what you are attracted to. The odds are most women are attracted to the same thing.
    And there isn't in men?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  15. Feb 19, 2013 #14
    Nopes. There is not.

16. Feb 19, 2013 #15

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Lets not play into TV Sitcom stereotypes. I think Ryan's post gave the final blow to the thread assuming the OP's post was actually serious and not in a joking fashion.

17. Feb 19, 2013 #16
    Its very coincidental that that TV Sitcom stereotype also applies in real life.

18. Feb 19, 2013 #17
    It's true for men, too, of course, but more importantly there's a difference between what people think they think is attractive and what they'll actually end up being attracted to, the problem being that most people don't know themselves or other people well enough to accurately predict. You may think you are not attracted to people with x characteristic only to find an instance of someone with this characteristic you are inexplicably attracted to.

There's a certain point in people's development when they are trying to define their own identity. Part of that usually includes trying to define a type they're attracted to. A large percentage of women include "tall" in the characteristics they 'find attractive' mostly, I'm convinced, because most of the other women are saying it. If you actually pay attention to which men are getting dates and girlfriends it includes the whole range of heights, and you'll also see a lot of tall, awkward, shy men wandering around with no women. Tall is attractive or not depending on how a guy 'wears' it, so to speak, and it all comes back to personality. Tall, edgy, nervous, insecure guys do no better than short, edgy, nervous, insecure guys.

19. Feb 19, 2013 #18

Astronuc

Bear in mind that the vast majority of 'intimate' relationships fail. More than 50% of marriages fail, and a much greater percentage of bf-gf relationships fail (most people have several intimate relationships before marriage, and apparently, the average American is married 2 or 3 times).

So it appears that the majority settle for what's available, and attraction seems to wear off for most relationships.

20. Feb 19, 2013 #19
    :rofl: yes this is extremely attractive :!!)

21. Feb 19, 2013 #20

phion

Gold Member

I really should follow my own advice! :tongue2:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook