The Secret on how men can attract women

• Thread starter bluemoonKY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary: There's also the divergence between what women want and what women SAY they want ;)And there isn't in men?There is not a difference in men and women in this regard. And to say that there is is to perpetuate the TV sitcom stereotype that men are only interested in women for one thing and that women only want one thing from a man.
bluemoonKY
There is so much baloney that people write and say about how men can get women to feel attracted to them. I have seen and heard so called pick up artists argue this ad nauseum. Male pick up artists all say: It's all about confidence. This is such baloney. Whoever heard of a woman who said that she values confidence in a man above all else? I haven't. I have seen books for men about how to attract women. I have heard of seminars that men attend to learn how to attract women. It is all so silly.

Here is the real secret for men on how to attract women: Be tall.

Ask any woman what she wants in a man and height tops the list. Women don't say they want a man who is confident, dark, and handsome. Women say they want a man who is tall, dark, and handsome.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
My dad and both grandfathers were shorter than me. They were 5' 7'' or less, and all three found wives and their marriages lasted 50+ years. My parents are working toward 60 years of marriage, and they were engaged for about 6 or 7 years before they married, so they've been together more than 60 years.

I think women prefer men who a sincere/honest, kind, thoughtful, somewhat handsome, and confident.

Astronuc said:
I think women prefer men who a sincere/honest, kind, thoughtful, somewhat handsome, and confident.
Even the handsome part is optional.

I think the "attraction" part is optional. Makes for much cheaper nights at the club if your a guy. It's just a bit lonelier afterwards.

Having confidence and social skills can lead to an interesting and enjoyable conversation, which helps push things along :wink:

Earn more mony.

EDIT: Bold

Last edited:
I think I have no idea what attracts women in general but sanity, stability, and kindness go a long way in maintaining a long term relationship with a sane, kind, and stable woman. I see a lot of threads on what it takes to attract women though, so maybe this long term relationship thing doesn't really apply.

bluemoonKY said:
Whoever heard of a woman who said that she values confidence in a man above all else? I haven't.

I've heard it being included in girls' top 3 things a couple of times. One girl in particular that I thought I liked in college was very fervent about it.

There's also the divergence between what women want and what women SAY they want ;)

Shower.

Hepth said:
There's also the divergence between what women want and what women SAY they want ;)

Could not agree more.

The problem with women is that they have a macroscopic uncertainty principle, their [itex] \hbar[/itex] is of the order of the meter, so no classical mechanics for you, and don't try perturbative methods neither.

Oh for the love of...do people seriously believe there are some magical set of minor characteristics that half the population can't help but be attracted to? It's not that difficult people:

1 - women are just as diverse as men in what they find attractive

2 - there are many traits that the majority of people find attractive but there is no trait that is universally liked all by itself

Think of what you are attracted to. The odds are most women are attracted to the same thing.
Hepth said:
And there isn't in men?

Last edited:
And there isn't in men?

Nopes. There is not.

Kholdstare said:
Nopes. There is not.
Lets not play into TV Sitcom stereotypes. I think Ryan's post gave the final blow to the thread assuming the OP's post was actually serious and not in a joking fashion.

WannabeNewton said:
Lets not play into TV Sitcom stereotypes. I think Ryan's post gave the final blow to the thread assuming the OP's post was actually serious and not in a joking fashion.

Its very coincidental that that TV Sitcom stereotype also applies in real life.

Hepth said:
Ryan_m_b said:
And there isn't in men?
It's true for men, too, of course, but more importantly there's a difference between what people think they think is attractive and what they'll actually end up being attracted to, the problem being that most people don't know themselves or other people well enough to accurately predict. You may think you are not attracted to people with x characteristic only to find an instance of someone with this characteristic you are inexplicably attracted to.

There's a certain point in people's development when they are trying to define their own identity. Part of that usually includes trying to define a type they're attracted to. A large percentage of women include "tall" in the characteristics they 'find attractive' mostly, I'm convinced, because most of the other women are saying it. If you actually pay attention to which men are getting dates and girlfriends it includes the whole range of heights, and you'll also see a lot of tall, awkward, shy men wandering around with no women. Tall is attractive or not depending on how a guy 'wears' it, so to speak, and it all comes back to personality. Tall, edgy, nervous, insecure guys do no better than short, edgy, nervous, insecure guys.

Bear in mind that the vast majority of 'intimate' relationships fail. More than 50% of marriages fail, and a much greater percentage of bf-gf relationships fail (most people have several intimate relationships before marriage, and apparently, the average American is married 2 or 3 times).

So it appears that the majority settle for what's available, and attraction seems to wear off for most relationships.

phion said:
Shower.

:rofl: yes this is extremely attractive :!)

HeLiXe said:
:rofl: yes this is extremely attractive :!)
I really should follow my own advice! :tongue2:

As a 9'2" male, I can say that the trick is all in the height. I'm also confident that I'm tall, which the ladies love. I have also been considered "dark," in that I often find myself in poorly-lit rooms.

Kholdstare said:
Nopes. There is not.

Kholdstare said:
Its very coincidental that that TV Sitcom stereotype also applies in real life.
What are you basing both of these conclusions on exactly? Are you really arguing that in the majority of cases women lie in self-reports about what they find attractive?
zoobyshoe said:
It's true for men, too, of course, but more importantly there's a difference between what people think they think is attractive and what they'll actually end up being attracted to, the problem being that most people don't know themselves or other people well enough to accurately predict. You may think you are not attracted to people with x characteristic only to find an instance of someone with this characteristic you are inexplicably attracted to.

There's a certain point in people's development when they are trying to define their own identity. Part of that usually includes trying to define a type they're attracted to. A large percentage of women include "tall" in the characteristics they 'find attractive' mostly, I'm convinced, because most of the other women are saying it. If you actually pay attention to which men are getting dates and girlfriends it includes the whole range of heights, and you'll also see a lot of tall, awkward, shy men wandering around with no women. Tall is attractive or not depending on how a guy 'wears' it, so to speak, and it all comes back to personality. Tall, edgy, nervous, insecure guys do no better than short, edgy, nervous, insecure guys.
That's not the same as what we're talking about. Sure people had a wish list of qualities they usually find attractive but that doesn't prevent them being attracted to and falling in love with people who don't match all of these characteristics. But this is different to what has been claimed in this thread that for some reason if you are female you will want something different than what you say but this doesn't apply for men.

I think only one person made the argument that it only applies to women. (And it wasn't me )

Hepth said:
I think only one person made the argument that it only applies to women. (And it wasn't me )
IMO, men don't know what they want until they find it. Then all Hell can break loose. I don't think that women are any different, unless they can be swayed by magazines, etc. Just be nice, and LISTEN when having a conversation.

Guy Clark once said "she listened with her mouth" in a song. Sad, but true.

My dog also doesn't know what she wants. She scratches to go out when she's out of water. But this thread was about women, not men or dogs. To bring up that men do it too is off-topic.

I know right now there are a bunch of articles and a few books on how to change your online dating profile to get more interest by changing the angle your face is shot, wording everything a certain way, etc. A lot of psychology goes into it, but they're mostly for men.

I think that'd feel like cheating if I were dating...

Hepth said:
My dog also doesn't know what she wants. She scratches to go out when she's out of water. But this thread was about women, not men or dogs. To bring up that men do it too is off-topic.
This is the attitude I was trying to address with my first post in this thread. Yes the discussion may be one about women but as with many discussions on this topic there is a theme that women are somehow alien to men with very different but apparently well defined characteristics. I'd argue that this is nonsense and that not only are men and women incredibly similar it is vitally important to recognise they are just as diverse.

Given that the purpose of this thread was to address a non-existant "secret" that has been acknowledged to not exist there is no point keeping it open.

1. What is "The Secret" on how men can attract women?

The Secret on how men can attract women is not a specific technique or strategy, but rather a combination of understanding and implementing certain principles and behaviors that are attractive to women.

2. Can "The Secret" be learned or is it something innate?

While some men may naturally possess qualities that are attractive to women, "The Secret" can definitely be learned and improved upon through practice and self-awareness.

3. What are some common principles of "The Secret" on how men can attract women?

Some common principles include being confident, having a positive attitude, being a good listener, being respectful and considerate, and having a sense of humor.

4. Are there any specific actions or behaviors that should be avoided when trying to attract women?

Avoiding negative behaviors such as being too aggressive or pushy, being disrespectful or rude, and being overly self-centered can greatly increase your chances of being attractive to women.

5. Is "The Secret" the same for all women or does it vary depending on the individual?

While there are certain universal principles that are attractive to most women, it's important to remember that every person is unique and may have their own specific preferences and qualities they find attractive. It's important to be authentic and genuine in your interactions with women.