The Secret

• Thread starter Jonnyb42
  • Start date
Pythagorean
Gold Member
I read "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain growing up.

The general idea was discovered much earlier than that by Napolean Hill in "The Law of Success" for which the first law is to have a "definite purpose".

In my older, more bitter age, I don't think it's really about a positive attitude so much as goal-oriented lifestyle.

Sorry guys, but this belongs here.

IT Crowd "Spaceology":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoVXf91fx68

If you watch the whole episode there's a bit about "wishy thinking".

The guy in the video is talking to the IT guys: "I wanted a helicopter, so I wrote it on a piece of paper, crumpled it up, turned by back to space and wished for it really hard and hey, a week later I went out and bought myself a helicopter - how do you explain that with your science?"

Video not available in my country :(.

I think you gotta be both positive and negative. If you only see the positive you will not desire so much to improve, but to just get started and feel like your done less than half way cause you are so positive. With the negative you will see how to improve, and reevaluate what you have constructed and identify what needs improving, what works, and what doesn't. Being too positive feels too much of a sugar coated reality. And too negative like nothing will ever happen.

My View:
Think Positive to move forward/get started
Think Negative to understand the situation, what your doing wrong, what shouldn't be done and etc..