Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Sky at Night Webcasts

1. Sep 6, 2006 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but for some time the BBC have been broadcasting The Sky At Night over the web for anyone with Real Player. This show is broadcast once a month in the UK (don't know if its on the world service either) and is an astronomy & astro physics magazine program hosted by the legendary Patrick Moore. I have done a quick search of the forums and haven't found a similar thread so here is the link:

This really is an excellent resource to the amateur, student and professional alike. This program was what first sparked my interest as a child in astronomy and astrophysics. I know most of you on this site are a little older but just thought I'd share this little gem with you and hope you all enjoy it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2006 #2
    I've seen a few shows (webcast), but then astronomy took a back seat (actually, it was never quite at the front in the first place). Thanks for the reminder.

Here's the link to the Sky at Night magazine
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?