The smartest man in universe believes in Intelligent Design

In summary, Christopher Michael Lanagan is a smart man who believes that the moon is made of cheese and that evolution and creationism are linked because Biblical accounts of the genesis of our world and species are true but metaphorical. He also says that he is the smartest man in the universe and that he works at a bar because they wouldn't let him go to his graduation. He also says that he has not calculated the volume of his brain, but he could use volumetric displacement using the archimedean method to calculate the volume. I don't think he is an expert summarizer of content.
His paper seemed to just babble on much like something i'd read in Theory Development. He seems to suffer from a severe lack of peer review (or having anyone read his paper and constructively criticize it for that matter.)

Space news on Phys.org
whatta said:
Well she doesn't want to be quoted. So let's just say, in my own opinion he has had trouble gaining exposure for his work as he is a crackpot hence he included material on how his work relates to the concepts of ID and creationism so that they would give him a venue to publish his work. Cough. In my own opinion.

Fixed your post.

whatta said:
happy?
Ecstatic :approve:

whatta said:
Well she doesn't want to be quoted. So let's just say, in my own opinion he has had trouble gaining exposure for his work as he is not an academic, hence he included material on how his work relates to the concepts of ID and creationism so that they would give him a venue to publish his work. Cough. In my own opinion.

Here's some pointers for Mr Langan. First of all learn set theory and then if needs be modify to describe what it is he means, just saying this can be shown by venn diagrams is not going to inform anyone if you don't then go on to show said diagrams, or at least use the language and operators to make it clear what your getting at.

Diagrams are fine but only if they reveal something about the nature of what your talking about and tie it to something else. Often the diagrams need a good deal of explanation, which is seldom given.

Don't assume anyone gets obscure references, put a link to a paper, use citation.

It's not necessary to cloud your work in very obscure words, look at scientific papers, one thing that is evident is that every point is explained, every experimental point shown by graph etc, and every new concept clearly represented. Don't just use some term without explaining what it means, no one will have a clue. There's no reason why the prose can't be in depth and tackle high brow philosophical ideas without being a chore to try to comprehend. No Hagelling(inventing your own language, as a point about language)

The above skills would be learned upon studying for a degree, a degree is not just about understanding the course material but understanding how to manipulate it and present it in a clear manner,learning the language of science. If the guy won't be taken seriously until he's qualified, get qualified.

Above all though if your going to wax philosophical it's fine to make your language high brow, but make sure you enable those reading it to understand it. There's high brow and there's on another planet brow.:smile:

Last edited:
so why don't you send it to email given in article instead of posting it here.

Okay, I think this thread has gone on long enough with all the same arguments as occur every time ID is brought up, which is to say it goes nowhere. Both sides have had their chance to present their arguments. I'm going to lock it while folks are still showing a decent amount of civility in the discussion.