Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Social Ineptitude Test

1. May 21, 2006 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Socially Adept

42% Ineptitude

Aah, the happy place! You're socially adept and probably well-liked amongst many groups of people. Chances are you don't totally commit yourself, but you instead get to know many people from many social groups. You're assertive in that you can stand up for yourself without offending anybody, and you usually leave a positive impression on people you meet. You're a loyal friend who's there for them when they need you, but you don't allow others to take advantage. All in all, a well-rounded individual - so come on in, the friendship's warm! (PS did I mention that I HATE YOU!!!)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=6847222228431289587

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Socially Adept
    38% Ineptitude

Don't lie Evo

4. May 21, 2006 #3

Evo

I never lie. o:)

5. May 21, 2006 #4
    How true those tests are?

Social Drifter
    61% Ineptitude
    You hover around the outskirts of many social scenes, sampling here and there but not really committing yourself. Chances are you're one of those GOTH or EMO types, who are aware of their defunct social status but frankly, really don't care. You avoid confrontation but can handle yourself if necessary, and don't really waste time with social activities, preferring isolated ones instead like sitting on your ass and answering pointless social ineptitude tests that really don't tell you anything you don't already know.
    free online dating
    You scored higher than 79% on Ineptitude

I didn't quite understand one question. "How many friends you have?" It doesn't have to necesserily mean, people who you hang out with every single day. You can be different friends with just everyone you meet on the way. Or play sports. Myself, I know many people who I often see, but I've never gotten to know even their names, because it's of no importance to me.

6. May 21, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Then they arent friends. Case closed.

7. May 21, 2006 #6
    Who are they then in relation to me?

8. May 21, 2006 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

If you don't even know their names, they have no relation to you. They are simply humans.

9. May 21, 2006 #8

Evo

They might fall into the category of "acquaintance".

10. May 21, 2006 #9
    Do you think that friendship is about knowing people's names? If you knew my name right now, How would it benefit the relation between you and me?

From Wikipedia,
    Friendship is a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities

Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating on a consistent basis:

* the tendency to desire what is best for each other.
    * sympathy and empathy.
    * honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak
    the truth.
    * mutual understanding.

I think that my friendship with people around me covers all points, since after a while I may get to know person's feelings and mental behavior which leads to further friendship bonding. Such friendship rarely causes suffering, stress and all other sicknesses therefore is better since it lets you keep solitude whenever you wish, and mental peace.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  11. May 21, 2006 #10
    38% Ineptitude

12. May 21, 2006 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yay! The glass is half full! I'm 50% socially adept!

13. May 21, 2006 #12

russ_watters

65% - what do I win? Oh yeah, I'm doing it now...

14. May 21, 2006 #13

Evo

Damn, Mr Social Butterfly. :tongue:

15. May 21, 2006 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I tied with Evo...42%. :rofl: Some were a bit challenging to answer though. I'm pretty sure there's a large range of numbers between 10 and millions that were left out. Then there was the one about social groups in high school...I don't know really, but I think I mostly hung out with the geeks, though we weren't picked on (those were the nerds, dorks and dweebs who got picked on...the geeks were a bit higher up the food chain), but since I had a few friends who weren't geeks, I went with the no group option.

Honestly, about the only people I won't be social with are the drunken guys who won't put their drink down before dancing (one of the groomsmen at the wedding I attended last night kept doing that, and then commented "you dance, but not really" because I wouldn't dance very close to him...he was too drunk to understand my answer, which was that I'd dance a little closer if I wasn't afraid he'd spill his drink on me since he was already splashing it all over the dance floor...I'm not fond of wearing other people's drinks, especially when I'm wearing a new dress).

16. May 21, 2006 #15

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They're well-wishers, in that they don't wish you any specific harm.

17. May 21, 2006 #16

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Basically correct, except for the stupid Emo or Goth part. I consider myself more Ted Kaczynski than Marilyn Manson. :devil:

18. May 21, 2006 #17
    61% Ineptitude...I'M NOT GOTH OR EMO!!!

19. May 21, 2006 #18

Evo

Now, now, goth & EMO are ok. :uhh:

20. May 21, 2006 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You are not my friend. Happening onto the same forum means nothing.

21. May 21, 2006 #20

dav2008

Gold Member

Social Drifter
    69% Ineptitude

It called me emo or goth.

I am never taking another one of those tests from them again.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?