The Social Ineptitude Test

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary: You avoid confrontation but can handle yourself if necessary, and don't really waste time with social activities, preferring isolated ones instead...like sitting on your ass and answering pointless social ineptitude tests that really don't tell you anything you don't already know.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Socially Adept

42% Ineptitude

Aah, the happy place! You're socially adept and probably well-liked amongst many groups of people. Chances are you don't totally commit yourself, but you instead get to know many people from many social groups. You're assertive in that you can stand up for yourself without offending anybody, and you usually leave a positive impression on people you meet. You're a loyal friend who's there for them when they need you, but you don't allow others to take advantage. All in all, a well-rounded individual - so come on in, the friendship's warm! (PS did I mention that I HATE YOU!)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=6847222228431289587

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Socially Adept
38% Ineptitude

Don't lie Evo

Pengwuino said:
Don't lie Evo
I never lie. o:)

How true those tests are?

Social Drifter
61% Ineptitude
You hover around the outskirts of many social scenes, sampling here and there but not really committing yourself. Chances are you're one of those GOTH or EMO types, who are aware of their defunct social status but frankly, really don't care. You avoid confrontation but can handle yourself if necessary, and don't really waste time with social activities, preferring isolated ones instead like sitting on your ass and answering pointless social ineptitude tests that really don't tell you anything you don't already know.
free online dating
You scored higher than 79% on Ineptitude

I didn't quite understand one question. "How many friends you have?" It doesn't have to necesserily mean, people who you hang out with every single day. You can be different friends with just everyone you meet on the way. Or play sports. Myself, I know many people who I often see, but I've never gotten to know even their names, because it's of no importance to me.

Then they arent friends. Case closed.

Pengwuino said:
Then they arent friends. Case closed.

Who are they then in relation to me?

If you don't even know their names, they have no relation to you. They are simply humans.

They might fall into the category of "acquaintance".

Pengwuino said:
If you don't even know their names, they have no relation to you. They are simply humans.

Do you think that friendship is about knowing people's names? If you knew my name right now, How would it benefit the relation between you and me?

From Wikipedia,
Friendship is a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities

Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating on a consistent basis:

* the tendency to desire what is best for each other.
* sympathy and empathy.
* honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak
the truth.
* mutual understanding.

I think that my friendship with people around me covers all points, since after a while I may get to know person's feelings and mental behavior which leads to further friendship bonding. Such friendship rarely causes suffering, stress and all other sicknesses therefore is better since it let's you keep solitude whenever you wish, and mental peace.

Last edited:
38% Ineptitude

Yay! The glass is half full! I'm 50% socially adept!

65% - what do I win? Oh yeah, I'm doing it now...

russ_watters said:
65% - what do I win? Oh yeah, I'm doing it now...
Damn, Mr Social Butterfly. :tongue:

I tied with Evo...42%. :rofl: Some were a bit challenging to answer though. I'm pretty sure there's a large range of numbers between 10 and millions that were left out. Then there was the one about social groups in high school...I don't know really, but I think I mostly hung out with the geeks, though we weren't picked on (those were the nerds, dorks and dweebs who got picked on...the geeks were a bit higher up the food chain), but since I had a few friends who weren't geeks, I went with the no group option.

Honestly, about the only people I won't be social with are the drunken guys who won't put their drink down before dancing (one of the groomsmen at the wedding I attended last night kept doing that, and then commented "you dance, but not really" because I wouldn't dance very close to him...he was too drunk to understand my answer, which was that I'd dance a little closer if I wasn't afraid he'd spill his drink on me since he was already splashing it all over the dance floor...I'm not fond of wearing other people's drinks, especially when I'm wearing a new dress).

Who are they then in relation to me?
They're well-wishers, in that they don't wish you any specific harm.

Social Drifter
69% Ineptitude
You hover around the outskirts of many social scenes, sampling here and there but not really committing yourself. Chances are you're one of those GOTH or EMO types, who are aware of their defunct social status but frankly, really don't care. You avoid confrontation but can handle yourself if necessary, and don't really waste time with social activities, preferring isolated ones instead like sitting on your ass and answering pointless social ineptitude tests that really don't tell you anything you don't already know.

Basically correct, except for the stupid Emo or Goth part. I consider myself more Ted Kaczynski than Marilyn Manson. :devil:

61% Ineptitude...I'M NOT GOTH OR EMO!

Now, now, goth & EMO are ok. :uhh:

heartless said:
Do you think that friendship is about knowing people's names? If you knew my name right now, How would it benefit the relation between you and me?

From Wikipedia,
Friendship is a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities

Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating on a consistent basis:

* the tendency to desire what is best for each other.
* sympathy and empathy.
* honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak
the truth.
* mutual understanding.

You are not my friend. Happening onto the same forum means nothing.

Social Drifter
69% Ineptitude

It called me emo or goth.

I am never taking another one of those tests from them again.

dav2008 said:
Social Drifter
69% Ineptitude

It called me emo or goth.

I am never taking another one of those tests from them again.
Tsk, blame the test...

what is emo?

I think it means emotional kid. But don't take my word for it since I am insane.

-ScOtT

Math Is Hard said:
what is emo?

It's a horrible disease that 80% of kids 8-21 have. It was originally transmitted from the African bull. Historians believe a geeky loser in san francisco had sex with the bull and brought "Emo" to the Western World. This is where the virus mutated into a species capable of being transmitted through horribly written poetry and a new, albeit pathetic, form of "rock".

Symptons include:

uncontrolled, random crying
makeup
having the same stupid shaggy haircut as your other emo friends
writing poetry that doesn't make any sense
cutting yourself/overdosing on tylenol/other things that make health care costs rise
watching mtv
being sad 24/7
calling yourself "yomamma"

Symptoms may resemble what is called "being a girl". Females should have themselves checked by a doctor to make sure they are simply a girl and have not contraced Emo.

Math Is Hard said:
what is emo?

:rofl:

Emo (an abbreviation of "emotionally-driven Hardcore punk") is a term now broadly used to describe almost any form of guitar-driven alternative rock that expresses emotions beyond traditional punk's limited emotional palette of alienation and rage. It is also used to describe fans of this genre, most commonly teenagers. (e.g., emo kid). The actual term "emo" originated in the mid-1980s D.C. scene, with the band Rites of Spring, as well as bands such as Fugazi, Moss Icon, and Antioch Arrow. ...

:rofl: (one more)

Pengwuino said:
Symptoms may resemble what is called "being a girl". Females should have themselves checked by a doctor to make sure they are simply a girl and have not contraced Emo.
:rofl:

MIH, while there are origins as a music genre, that heartless refers to, I think it's more commonly used now as Pengwuino described. It's what us "old folks" call a whiny, cry-baby, spoiled brat.

I knew I would be ridiculed as soon as I asked, but thanks to all for the explanations. This is interesting to me because I grew up within the punk counter-culture of the 1980's, yet never heard the term "emo", but perhaps this music had not spread from DC to the Southern US at that time.

Pengwuino, were there "emos" at your high school? Are there any at your college? Moonbee, I think we should capture a few and study them. Do you have any room next to the sheep where we could house them temporarily?

Math Is Hard said:
Moonbee, I think we should capture a few and study them. Do you have any room next to the sheep where we could house them temporarily?
I don't want to get all my sheep depressed. But, they probably wouldn't try to climb out of the pens, they'd just sit in the corner crying and telling us how their only friends are the sheep.

Math Is Hard said:
Pengwuino, were there "emos" at your high school? Are there any at your college? Moonbee, I think we should capture a few and study them. Do you have any room next to the sheep where we could house them temporarily?

Far more then needed to be. There are still a bunch of emo freaks in college too. It pisses me off because its hard to tell who is a guy and who is a girl sometimes

Moonbear said:
I don't want to get all my sheep depressed. But, they probably wouldn't try to climb out of the pens, they'd just sit in the corner crying and telling us how their only friends are the sheep.
Ooh.. Nevermind then. I wouldn't inflict that on the poor sheep.:frown:
Pengwuino said:
It pisses me off because its hard to tell who is a guy and who is a girl sometimes
Cyrus, do you want to take this one, or should I? :tongue2:

Thread Closed!

shut up pengwuino

yomamma said:
shut up pengwuino

go with the sheep

hahahaha...

...shut up

1. What is "The Social Ineptitude Test"?

"The Social Ineptitude Test" is a psychological assessment tool designed to measure an individual's social skills and ability to navigate social situations.

2. How is the test administered?

The test is typically administered in a controlled setting, such as a psychologist's office or a research lab. It can also be taken online through various platforms.

3. What does the test measure?

The test measures a range of social skills, including communication, empathy, assertiveness, and social anxiety. It also assesses an individual's ability to interpret social cues and understand social norms.

4. Is the test reliable and valid?

Yes, "The Social Ineptitude Test" has been extensively researched and has shown to have high levels of reliability and validity. It has been used in numerous studies and has been found to accurately measure social ineptitude.

5. Can the results of the test be used to diagnose social ineptitude?

No, "The Social Ineptitude Test" is not meant to be used as a diagnostic tool. It is simply an assessment of an individual's social skills and should be interpreted by a trained professional in conjunction with other information and assessments.