Are You a Social Butterfly or a Social Drifter?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the social adept person was able to connect with many people and leave a positive impression. They were also able to stand up for themselves without offending anyone.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
mt1147009133hc0.jpg

When you went to that party that one time, how often were your jokes/general attempts at social contact followed by a deathly silence that hung in the air like the smell of a mouldy goat?

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=6847222228431289587

My results:

Socially Adept

42% Ineptitude

Aah, the happy place! You're socially adept and probably well-liked amongst many groups of people. Chances are you don't totally commit yourself, but you instead get to know many people from many social groups. You're assertive in that you can stand up for yourself without offending anybody, and you usually leave a positive impression on people you meet. You're a loyal friend who's there for them when they need you, but you don't allow others to take advantage. All in all, a well-rounded individual - so come on in, the friendship's warm! (PS did I mention that I HATE YOU!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
mattmns said:
The Social Ineptitude Test
What was your score on the amnesia test :tongue2:
Yeah, I thought we'd done this one before, but I didn't feel like checking.

Anyone that hasn't taken it can take it. :biggrin:

I'm trying to find tests I know are acceptable and that would be interesting to most people. Which is why I haven't posted the Celtic knowledge test.

Ok, so here's a replacement test.

The Ancient Celts Test

Category 2
You scored 80 in Celtic history!

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=3940845423014926858

One of the first questions is, "would you rather be intelligent and ugly forever or beautiful and stupid forever?" :eek:

I claim lesser social ineptness than the test-maker by knowing that each is impossible. :zzz:

You scored 60 in Celtic history!
Were you listening in High School?

I am humbled. (Yeah, like my high school would have taught something resembling history.)

Mickey said:
I am humbled. (Yeah, like my high school would have taught something resembling history.)
I think 60 means you only missed two questions. I am in awe, I never expected anyone here to score that high.

As much as I want this moment to continue, I think it means I missed four, since there are ten questions. Did you get all of them right with an 80?

BTW, do you know where I can meet an Ovarian Druid? :blushing:

Last edited:
Socially Adept
38% Ineptitude
Aah, the happy place! You're socially adept and probably well-liked amongst many groups of people. Chances are you don't totally commit yourself, but you instead get to know many people from many social groups. You're assertive in that you can stand up for yourself without offending anybody, and you usually leave a positive impression on people you meet. You're a loyal friend who's there for them when they need you, but you don't allow others to take advantage. All in all, a well-rounded individual - so come on in, the friendship's warm! (PS did I mention that I HATE YOU!)

Imagine being stupid and ugly. I wonder what it's like being Intelligent and beautifull. Anyway there's more to me than my brains and my looks and that's why I got 38% aren't I good :smile:

No everybody loves me :wink::biggrin:

I was wicked and chose that option, but nothing really fitted and that was the closest:biggrin:

Category 1
You scored 60 in Celtic history!

I have an interest in all religions pagan an organised so that's not too bad, everyones heard of the Celtic Gods haven't they? Sidhe is pronounced Shee as in Ban Shee or BeanSidhe to give her her proper name, AAMOI.

Last edited:
Category 1
You scored 30 in Celtic history!

Sounds about guessing average-ish :smile:

Mickey said:
As much as I want this moment to continue, I think it means I missed four, since there are ten questions. Did you get all of them right with an 80?

BTW, do you know where I can meet an Ovarian Druid? :blushing:
I've been taking too many tests, they're all starting to run together. Yes, that should be 4. But, there's no way I missed two, there was only one question I wasn't sure of. :grumpy:

Socially Adept

50% Ineptitude

You scored higher than 38% on Ineptitude

marlon

Category 1
You scored 10 in Celtic history!

My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 0% on history

Errr
Celtic History ? I cannot recall ever taking such classes, we were too occupied studying Roman History and the Middel Ages.

marlon

It definitely wasn't taught in my school.

Ok, everyone that scored under 80 percent needs to go here. Some of my favorite Celtic resources.

http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/celtic/ctexts/welsh.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/mab/mab17.htm

Socially Adept
42% Ineptitude

Socially Obsessed
26% Ineptitude
Well congratu-freakin-lations, you're socially obsessed - pure overkill. You know, it IS possible to have too much of a good thing... and where popularity's concerned, this definitely applies to YOU. When it comes to friends, you're more interested in upping the numbers rather than getting close to the ones you already have. Friendship, like many things, are status symbols to you, and you dedicate your life to getting more of them. You're aggressive and uncompromising with others. When your friends don't do what you want them to do, you ditch them without a second thought. In school, you were probably a cheerleader, football player and/or total and utter ***** with long false nails. (Maybe you still are?) But seriously, please try to realize that your public image isn't nearly as important as genuine happiness. Stop for a second and take the time to appreciate what you've already got... you never know, it might create a whole new, tree-hugging, friendship-bracelet making you!

:uhh:

Social Drifter - 69% Ineptitude

"don't really waste time with social activities, preferring isolated ones instead like sitting on your ass and answering pointless social ineptitude tests that really don't tell you anything you don't already know... "

... pointless social ineptitude tests that I found in a dead thread, no less!

Social Drifter
57% Ineptitude
You hover around the outskirts of many social scenes, sampling here and there but not really committing yourself. Chances are you're one of those GOTH or EMO types, who are aware of their defunct social status but frankly, really don't care. You avoid confrontation but can handle yourself if necessary, and don't really waste time with social activities, preferring isolated ones instead...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
like sitting on your ass and answering pointless social ineptitude tests that really don't tell you anything you don't already know.
This is really hard to argue with :biggrin:

Category 1
You scored 30 in Celtic history!
Were you listening in High School
Often not, but I don't think that had much to do with history :tongue2:

What is "The Social Ineptitude Test"?

"The Social Ineptitude Test" is a psychological assessment tool designed to measure an individual's level of social awkwardness and difficulty in navigating social situations.

How is "The Social Ineptitude Test" administered?

The test is typically administered by a trained psychologist or therapist, and can be taken in person or online. It usually involves a series of questions and scenarios that the individual must respond to, and may take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to complete.

What does "The Social Ineptitude Test" measure?

The test measures an individual's social skills, including their ability to read social cues, communicate effectively, and maintain relationships. It also assesses their level of anxiety and discomfort in social situations.

Is "The Social Ineptitude Test" a reliable and valid assessment tool?

Yes, "The Social Ineptitude Test" has been scientifically developed and tested to ensure its reliability and validity. It has been used in numerous research studies and has been found to be a reliable measure of social ineptitude.

Can "The Social Ineptitude Test" be used to diagnose social anxiety disorder?

No, "The Social Ineptitude Test" is not meant to be used as a diagnostic tool for social anxiety disorder. It can provide valuable information and insights into an individual's social skills and discomfort, but a formal diagnosis can only be made by a licensed mental health professional.