The Speed of Light = Zero: Is This the Ultimate Limit?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the speed of light being equal to zero in its unmeasured state relative to the universe it travels within. This leads to a discussion of time dilation, length contraction, and mass increase in relation to special relativity. Some participants argue that this theory does not fully explain existing theories and question its relevance. The conversation also touches on the idea of multiple dimensions and the potential for time travel. The conversation ends with a mention of a website called "Beyond Science."
whitelighter
[SOLVED] The speed of light = Zero

What! you say...oh no! :biggrin:

Context context...

WE have a speed of light at approximately 300,000 kms per second in a vacuum...agreed? Yes I think so...hmmmmmm

Sr tells us that light travels at a speed that can not be exceeded and that to do so would reverse time...ok...what does this tell us...or should I say me.

It says to me that light is in fact traveling at a speed that is zero relative to the universe it travels within...therefore in it's unmeasured state it has a speed of zero.

A photon is positioned smack bang in the middle of time between the past and the future ( I am so glad we have a theory development section at this forum)

Science news on Phys.org
whitelighter says: "It says to me that light is in fact traveling at a speed that is zero relative to the universe it travels within...therefore in it's unmeasured state it has a speed of zero...A photon is positioned smack bang in the middle of time between the past and the future"

Not to interrupt your fun or anything, but does your theory explain anything that existing theories don't already explain? Does it predict the result of any possible experiment? If not, what's its point?

jdavel said:
whitelighter says: "It says to me that light is in fact traveling at a speed that is zero relative to the universe it travels within...therefore in it's unmeasured state it has a speed of zero...A photon is positioned smack bang in the middle of time between the past and the future"

Not to interrupt your fun or anything, but does your theory explain anything that existing theories don't already explain? Does it predict the result of any possible experiment? If not, what's its point?

I think it is quite relevent.

If you accept time dilation, length contraction and mass increase then you have a photon of infinite mass that takes no time to cross the universe. Does that make its speed infinite? Does not fit well with thermodynamics though which states something like you don't get something for nothing.

This is one of the problems I find with SR. If you cross ten light years of space at almost c and it takes an hour what was your velocity? Is it ten light years per hour or have I warped space so that the distance is only a few million kilometers. Woops, sorry planet I didn't mean to crush you.

ramcg1 said:This is one of the problems I find with SR. If you cross ten light years of space at almost c and it takes an hour what was your velocity? Is it ten light years per hour or have I warped space so that the distance is only a few million kilometers. Woops, sorry planet I didn't mean to crush you.
Or is it relative?

Paden Roder

It says to me that light is in fact traveling at a speed that is zero relative to the universe it travels within...therefore in it's unmeasured state it has a speed of zero.

yes, i think that's right, you could say that the fabric of 4d spacetime is moving at c - in this way a photon is simply a 'drag' interaction between expanding spacetime and...?

My first post...

I tend to agree with Billy Boy and Whitelighter in that the way we look at relativity may in some ways be confused...we measure "c" after the effect...yet as 'c' is being measured we are moving at the same velocity as 'c'

I read some where a poster said
"in ten seconds a photon has traveled 3 million kms. In those same ten seconds we have observed the reflection of a hamburger cooking."

This simply states that 'c' is a universal relativistic zero constant and any velocity beyond stationary is added to 'c' which may account for time dillations etc.

This is theory development I would presume.

The speed of light directly supports how dementions there are in space time that's why when you time travel you go to a parallel universe. Speed of light is in increments of 8 the speed of light is only for finding new dementions not for traveling. Look up Quantum time port where time and space are the same place. Who cares about the speeed of light. Time is controlled by the speed of b = magnetism

b = magnetism

The speed of light directly supports how dementions there are in space time that's why when you time travel you go to a parallel universe. Speed of light is in increments of 8 the speed of light is only for finding new dementions not for traveling. Look up Quantum time port where time and space are the same place. Who cares about the speeed of light. Time is controlled by the speed of b = magnetism

and dare I ask what is the speed of magnetism?

b= is a constant

it's in all directions B/c2 * x/d

betalimit can you tell us what all the symbols of your equation indicate or mean?

I am curious?
B=
c2=
x=
d=
I assume the / = divided by and the * means multiplied by

classified

classified R*T*d2 RTD2 hello quantium world

b= magnetic
c2 your speed of light
x solve for
dementions

half of a circle diameter

so we have

magnetic/300,000ks per sec *2 * solve for/dimensions

hmmmmm

You have said that c = B

so B/B*2*...hmmmmm...something wrong here

I canot tell you everything. Everything is possible we are now so advanced we can compute to infinet so go out side and injoy life once you find what you are looking for it not really what it is it's somthing else to fill the void it's called the code @ www.beyond-science.com

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the speed of light?

The speed of light is a fundamental physical constant that represents the speed at which electromagnetic radiation travels in a vacuum. In a vacuum, the speed of light is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second.

Why is the speed of light considered to be the universal speed limit?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is the maximum speed at which all matter and information can travel. This is because as an object approaches the speed of light, its mass increases and therefore requires more energy to accelerate it further.

Is the speed of light constant?

Yes, in a vacuum, the speed of light is constant and does not change. However, in different mediums, such as air or water, the speed of light may vary due to refraction.

What does it mean if the speed of light is zero?

The concept of the speed of light being zero is a theoretical scenario and does not have any practical meaning. In this scenario, the universe would not exist as we know it, as the laws of physics would be completely different.

Can anything travel faster than the speed of light?

Based on our current understanding of physics, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. However, there are still ongoing studies and theories that suggest the possibility of faster-than-light travel, such as wormholes and Alcubierre drive.