Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Star Wars Kid

1. May 23, 2003 #1

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you guys heard about this?

*Using his school's AV equipment, a 15-year-old, chubby Star Wars fan videotapes himself doing martial arts/Jedi moves with a golf ball retriever pole in place of a light saber.

*Kid forgets to remove the tape, other students find it, post it online.

*Within days, hundreds of thousands of people see it and laugh their asses off.

*Then, a guy who works for a software company takes the video and adds special effects and music, creating a hilarious short. Even more people laugh their asses off.

You can find links to download the videos below. It might take some time, but it's worth it, I think.

*And the happy ending...some nerds united and an online fundraiser was done for the Star Wars Kid, and he's getting four grand cash and an iPod from his new 'fans.'
  2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2003 #2
    It's hilarious.

If you go to the first link you don't even have to download it -- it's right there (if you have a broadband connection).

Also check out the other two flicks on that webpage ("The Cockroach" and "Midnight in Front of the Fridge").
  4. May 23, 2003 #3

Never doubt the power of the internet eh? Now that we have a video of a kid playing at being a jedi knight, if only we can catch a video of that kid called Bush Jr playing at being president...:wink:
  5. May 24, 2003 #4
    Kids can be so hilarious.

6. May 24, 2003 #5
    That video is rivalled only by the Matrix 2 as the best thing I have seen in the past two days.
  7. May 26, 2003 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. May 26, 2003 #7
    I like how he slips on the yellow cloth and hits the black curtain, but just keeps right on getting after it.

He could be a Mighty Warrior !
  9. May 26, 2003 #8
    LOL! that is hilarious!
  10. May 13, 2008 #9
    he got bullied so badly he had to goto therapy apparently
  11. May 13, 2008 #10
    Said something along those lines on wikipedia.
  12. May 13, 2008 #11

Gold Member

I wouldn't bully a kid who could swing a heavy stick around like that...
  13. May 13, 2008 #12
    It's funny as hell. :biggrin:
  14. May 13, 2008 #13
    i thought he committed suicide since he was bullied so bad
  15. May 13, 2008 #14

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

We have a clear winner. 13 days shy of a 5 year necropost! What do we have for our contestant?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?