Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Strange Things That You Like or Do

1. Jun 14, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whatever applies.

I like the taste of sweet, strong coffee while I am eating double aged, extra sharp cheddar cheese. Same coffee and a salty turkey sandwich goes great as well.

As a Catholic School kid who went to church every morning for some years, I always liked the funerals. :surprise: Just for the smell though. [well, that doesn't sound much better does it? :yuck: :rofl: ... :yuck: ] I always liked the smell of the incense used in Catholic funerals. :rofl: Boy I cracked myself up on that one. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like milk with ice cream.

I like to start mindless threads when I need to get back into some difficult [work] material and I am procrastinating. :biggrin:

Tsu likes ice in her milk. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2004 #2

Janitor

Science Advisor

As I navigate through these treacherous middle-aged years, I find more and more that I eat my cereal dry instead of in milk.

4. Jun 15, 2004 #3
    i tend to eat no cereal anymore

5. Jun 15, 2004 #4
    cereal with water :D

6. Jun 15, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Traditional spaghetti and sauce, with sour cream mixed in.

7. Jun 15, 2004 #6

Janitor

Science Advisor

Now where is that VOMIT icon when I need it?

8. Jun 15, 2004 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did anyone ever eat peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches?

Peanut butter and bananas?

9. Jun 15, 2004 #8
    Ranch dressing with rice. You should try it some time.
    Drinking juice with carrots, bannanas, pinapples....when eating cheesecake makes me feel better about my eating habits.

10. Jun 15, 2004 #9
    Mmmmm, that's great stuff.

I like warm canned beer. Probably cause I find I can drink it faster.

11. Jun 15, 2004 #10
    One strange thing I like to do is to take parts of some of my stupid quetions over to this other forum and post them as non-sequitors in various threads. The threads there are usually inane chatter back and forth between cliquish young-type cool people with a few adopted oddballs thrown in. People almost never respond.

One sweet girl PM'd me and said she loved my posts, so that was nice. Another time a guy PM'd me and said: "I know what you're up to! You're an infiltrator from the church of the sub-genius!"

Somehow though, it appears to be very uncool to address me publically in the threads, there.

Just talking about it makes me want to go over and try to force a rise out of them.

12. Jun 15, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

LOL

I like to eat plastic and paper.

13. Jun 15, 2004 #12
    Is that it? I figured everything about you would you be weird, Jimmy.

14. Jun 16, 2004 #13
    I know jimmyp and trust me everything about him is weird.

Me i cant think of any strange things i like to do, but there must be something so i will think of something.

15. Jun 16, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: Well, as Andy said....

Yes I am quite an eccentric person but everything I do seems normal to me :approve: , its just everyone else that tells me eating paper and plastic is strange.

16. Jun 16, 2004 #15
    You know what? I think I'm the same way. Except I don't eat paper and plastic.

17. Jun 16, 2004 #16

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

pork rinds and code red mountain dew are an unusual craving (together of course). having a traveling job allows me to eat the gas station goodies

peanut butter and bananas ROCK!!

oysters and martinis are a new favorite down at the oyster bar in portland...

18. Jun 16, 2004 #17
    Marinated in a 40W motor oil. OOWIE! That's eatin.

19. Jun 17, 2004 #18
    I'll second that!! I've surely eaten more beanut butter & banana sandwiches in my life than all other types combined. Could this be ambrosia? :approve:

I like the smell of gasoline.

I enjoy agreeing with peoples' opinions in ways that make them question themselves. Even if I really do agree with their opinion.

I like to drive places even if it's just to drive back. My friends call me Taxi. Seattle is a preferred destination. I enjoy driving there because everyone else hates it. When you are in heavy traffic and everyone around you is equally pissed off, there is a certain sense of harmony that can be attained. Note: This doesn't work on the highway.

I enjoy meeting people and discussing things with them when I know I will never see them again. It helps me with my shyness.

20. Jun 17, 2004 #19
    I like the smell of gasoline, too. Though, I never thought it was weird that I did.

I also feel you on meeting people. I really do need to get over my shyness, seriously.

Jon

21. Jun 17, 2004 #20
    I like to join Internet forum groups... :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?