The strangest PF'er!

  • Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
  • #76
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
honestrosewater said:
Not if she means it! :bugeye:
That's a better guess! :wink:
 
  • #77
349
0
hypatia said:
[email protected] venting the grump

Everyone here is strange, in there own ways. I tend to shy away from "normal" people.

I agree with Evo and would like to add that,
Life would have been very boring if each of us would have been like 'open books'!
Life is interesting because we don't know about each others!
Language is helping us to know each other and communication behaviour is generating the fun!
 
  • #78
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
honestrosewater said:
Not if she means it! :bugeye:
I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.
 
  • #79
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,105
5
loseyourname said:
I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.
They stand out from other people's sentences. :uhh:
 
  • #80
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
52
loseyourname said:
I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.
Perhaps we need to cut back on Lisa!'s caffeine consumption so she calms down and can speak without jumping around and shouting so much. These images come to mind of 4th grade girls who are talking excitedly about everything and intersperse talking with giggling. Nothing will give an adult a headache faster than being stuck in a room full of 4th grade girls, especially when they're talking about 4th grade boys, which is what they mostly talk about. :uhh: :bugeye:
 
  • #81
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
9,970
132
Moonbear said:
Perhaps we need to cut back on Lisa!'s caffeine consumption so she calms down and can speak without jumping around and shouting so much. These images come to mind of 4th grade girls who are talking excitedly about everything and intersperse talking with giggling. Nothing will give an adult a headache faster than being stuck in a room full of 4th grade girls, especially when they're talking about 4th grade boys, which is what they mostly talk about. :uhh: :bugeye:
Why do I feel this was a snide comment at me? :uhh:
 
  • #82
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
loseyourname said:
I'm just not sure it's possible to emphasize every single sentence. Emphasis implies that the sentence being emphasized somehow stands out from the others, not simply that one has taken too much crystal meth.
Could you please tell where I put '!' which is strange to you? I know I use ! alot but I do it purposely!(Oops! I did it again :blushing: )
 
  • #83
36
0
Perhaps it has something to do with her accent? I've noticed (on TV) that certain accents make it seem as if every statememnt is a question by raising their pitch at the end.
 
  • #84
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
Moonbear said:
Perhaps we need to cut back on Lisa!'s caffeine consumption so she calms down and can speak without jumping around and shouting so much. These images come to mind of 4th grade girls who are talking excitedly about everything and intersperse talking with giggling. Nothing will give an adult a headache faster than being stuck in a room full of 4th grade girls, especially when they're talking about 4th grade boys, which is what they mostly talk about. :uhh: :bugeye:
:rofl: :rofl: I'm ususally drinking tea when I'm working with computer because I get a terrible headache whenever I'm around here! Perhaps that's because Of you! You know nothing can give me a terrible headache but a noisy 13 year old boy! :wink:
 
  • #85
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
Daminc said:
Perhaps it has something to do with her accent? I've noticed (on TV) that certain accents make it seem as if every statememnt is a question by raising their pitch at the end.
Yes, the infamous 'uptalkers.' Wouldn't that necessitate a question mark, however, rather than an exclamation mark?
 
  • #86
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
Lisa! said:
Could you please tell where I put '!' which is strange to you? I know I use ! alot but I do it purposely!(Oops! I did it again :blushing: )
You put it at the end of every normal sentence. When exactly did you start doing this? I know they couldn't have allowed it in grammar school. Do you still remember?
 
  • #87
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
loseyourname said:
You put it at the end of every normal sentence.
And who said those sentences are normal for me?



When exactly did you start doing this?
Can I tell you the truth? :uhh:


I know they couldn't have allowed it in grammar school. Do you still remember?
Sure! I have some problems with ',' but be sure I know where we should put '!' .
 
  • #88
36
0
Yes, the infamous 'uptalkers.' Wouldn't that necessitate a question mark, however, rather than an exclamation mark?
Perhaps she just talks like she's giving commands or something. Or perhaps she speaks in a highly emotive voice????
 
  • #89
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
Lisa! said:
And who said those sentences are normal for me?
If every sentence you post is abnormal for you, what constitutes a normal sentence?

Can I tell you the truth? :uhh:
Knock yourself out.

Sure! I have some problems with ',' but be sure I know where we should put '!' .
I hope you're not going to say "where the sun don't shine."
 
  • #90
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ... :cry: :cry: :cry:
 
  • #91
24
0
wolram said:
All PFers are strange to me, they think science and mathematics will solve
the mystery of the universe, but i know only the elves and gnomes have all the answers :biggrin:
i love how scifi dorks know how annoying they are to "normal" people and have fun with it... it's so annoying! (but funny at the same time)... keep on trekkin' dorks. :cool:
 
  • #92
Mk
1,984
3
Smurf said:
Really? I got voted "worst dresser"
Really? I got voted biggest idiot!

By the way, how mysterious and/or strange am I?
 
  • #93
36
0
Mk said:
Really? I got voted biggest idiot!

By the way, how mysterious and/or strange am I?
I would wager no more or less than anyone else around here.
 
  • #94
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
Mk said:
Really? I got voted biggest idiot!
I actually won Most Likely to Succeed and came in second for Most Talented. Oh how I've gone downhill.
 
  • #95
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
Who got voted as the most humorist person?:biggrin:
 
  • #96
3,763
9
Lisa! said:
Who got voted as the most humorist person?:biggrin:
Superfluous question : DANGER

marlon
 
  • #97
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
marlon said:
Superfluous question : DANGER

marlon
Did all of you study in the same school(and at the same time) with Danger? :rofl:
 
  • #98
3,763
9
Lisa! said:
Did all of you study in the same school(and at the same time) with Danger? :rofl:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
 
  • #99
Lisa!
Gold Member
612
96
marlon said:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
You'd better to :zzz: when you have no answer.
 
  • #100
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
Lisa! said:
Who got voted as the most humorist person?:biggrin:
At my high school? Some kid named Jack Smith. I actually used to be pretty good friends with him. He and I were on the cross-country team together, and went all the back to elementary school. We pulled some decent pranks together.
 

Related Threads on The strangest PF'er!

  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
15
Views
4K
Replies
2
Views
3K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
27
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
5K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
1K
Replies
25
Views
2K
Replies
51
Views
7K
Replies
16
Views
3K
Replies
4
Views
1K
Top