What Type of Microcontroller Can Support Real-Time Camera Display?

• Thread starter mizieahmad
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking help in deciding which microcontroller to use for their project, which involves using a camera to record video or capture pictures and displaying the footage in real-time. The current challenge is finding a microcontroller that can support this function, with the options of using an Arduino Uno or 8051. Another individual responds, stating that a PIC16f77a chip would not be suitable for this task and suggests using a more powerful processor such as an ARM or a Raspberry Pi with built-in Wifi and a camera module.
mizieahmad
Hello all of you, i need your help to give me a decision about my project. first, i will explain what my project can do. my project using the camera to record the video or capture the picture. i also want my project able to display from the camera in real-time. the problem is i don't know what type of microcontroller that can be supported it. in that file using the pic microcontroller. may i using the arduino uno??..or mybe 8051?.

reply from you all very appreciate.

Attachments

• smart surveillance system using pir sensor and gsm.pdf
    422 KB · Views: 374
Engineering news on Phys.org
mizieahmad said:
i also want my project able to display from the camera in real-time.

You won't be able to do that with a PIC16f77a chip. That PIC is a 5MHz 8-bit device. The device in that document is simply instructing the camera to record when the PIR circuit detects movement. A user would later have to retrieve the video from a storage device.

You'll need something much more powerful like an ARM processor to transmit video. Raspberry Pi can do this. The new models even have built in Wifi and a camera module you can purchase.

What is a microcontroller?

A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit that is designed to control a specific task or system. It contains a CPU, memory, and input/output peripherals, making it a self-contained device that can be programmed to carry out a variety of functions.

What makes a microcontroller suitable for a specific project?

The suitability of a microcontroller for a project depends on a variety of factors, including its processing power, memory capacity, input/output capabilities, and cost. The specific requirements of the project will determine which microcontroller is the most appropriate.

What are the advantages of using a microcontroller in a project?

Microcontrollers offer several advantages, including their small size, low cost, and low power consumption. They are also highly versatile and can be easily programmed to perform a variety of functions, making them ideal for a wide range of projects.

What are some common applications of microcontrollers?

Microcontrollers are used in a variety of applications, including consumer electronics, industrial automation, medical devices, and automotive systems. They are also commonly used in DIY projects and prototyping due to their flexibility and affordability.

What are some factors to consider when choosing a microcontroller for a project?

When selecting a microcontroller for a project, it is important to consider factors such as the required processing power, memory capacity, input/output capabilities, cost, and availability. The project's budget and timeline may also impact the choice of microcontroller.