Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The surface Of The Sun

1. Jun 15, 2005 #1
    I believe that I have compiled compelling evidence from the TRACE, SOHO and YOHKOH satellite programs to suggest that the sun has a solid, electrically conductive surface that lies underneath the photosphere.

You can find my website with lots of video and photographic evidence to support this theory at:

I would appreciate any SCIENTIFIC feedback, specifically skeptical feedback to the model I've presented. Please limit your feedback to a SCIENTIFIC refute rather than attacking the messenger.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2005 #2
    For a quicker description of what michael thinks, you can also reference this thread.

He believes the sun has a solid surface made up of calcium ferrite.
  4. Jun 15, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Considering that the surface temperature is around 6000 deg C and it gets hotter as you go down, anything solid seems extremely unlikely.
  5. Jun 15, 2005 #4

Staff: Mentor

6000°C is above the boiling point of all the elements and any know material we have on earth.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?