1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The tea thread

1. Sep 26, 2008 #1
    Ever since I took that trip to China, I have become completely addicted to tea.

What is everyone's favorite type of tea?

I (personally) enjoy: White tea, types of green tea, Oolong tea, Puer tea, Rose tea, Jasmin tea, Chinese Red tea, English breakfast tea, and Earl grey.

Because I am indecisive like that.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2008 #2
    I love tea, there is only one teahouse in my city that I have found that sells tea leaves though which is unfortunate, everywhere else just seems to have bags. Right now I have 3 different green teas from them, one I don't think I really like as it tastes very smoky. I also have some black teas from them - english breakfast, earl grey and one called Russian blend that I really enjoy. I have a sampler of rooibois (sp?) from them I havent tried yet, and would like to try oolong and white tea soon.

4. Sep 26, 2008 #3
    Oolong tea tends to have a unique taste, and almost everyone that I've given it to states that they had tasted it before, however, they know that they hadn't. It's somewhat weird, however, it is a favorite of many of my friends.

White tea is essentially baby tea leaves. It is a very light tea so you shouldn't expect it to change the color of the water very much at all. I find it to have a very relaxing mood to it.

5. Sep 26, 2008 #4
    I make chai! :biggrin:

Ingredients

* 1 teabag
    * 1/3 milk cup
    * 2 teaspoons sugar
    * 2/3 water
    * 1/3 teaspoons salt
    * 1 cardamom (Optional)

Procedure

Boil water with teabag, sugar, teaspoons, and salt
    Put the milk and wait for boiling.

End;

I also like herbal tea .. and all others

Coffee is best!

6. Sep 26, 2008 #5

I love tea also. I can't drink coffee, because I always feel like it gives me an anxiety attack instead of the so-called extra energy it is supposed to. I love the smell of coffee more though.

For me, it is Twining's Irish Breakfast Tea all the way. Add milk and sugar and it is wonderful.

[​IMG]

Otherwise, I'm a Lady Grey man. Earl Grey tastes like Earl Grey's sweat socks if you ask me. The lady is totally more refined.

7. Sep 26, 2008 #6
    I'd take an Irish Coffee. Or maybe a Long Island Iced Tea. Can you add alcohol to tea?

8. Sep 26, 2008 #7
    No, I don't think so. Bailey's is strictly for coffee.

9. Sep 26, 2008 #8
    Thai tea

This ridiculous tea my roommate brought back from China called "xian shuan" I believe. It was an awesome green (or oolong) that was light and had a slight sweet flavor, almost like honey.

Darjeeling tea

A lot of white teas.

10. Sep 26, 2008 #9
    So far my favorites are green teas, and Bigelow makes one called Pomegranate Pizazz that is great with some milk and sugar...

11. Sep 27, 2008 #10

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

PG Tips, strong, milk no sugar.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?