Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The tea thread

1. Sep 26, 2008 #1
    Ever since I took that trip to China, I have become completely addicted to tea.

What is everyone's favorite type of tea?

I (personally) enjoy: White tea, types of green tea, Oolong tea, Puer tea, Rose tea, Jasmin tea, Chinese Red tea, English breakfast tea, and Earl grey.

Because I am indecisive like that.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2008 #2
    I love tea, there is only one teahouse in my city that I have found that sells tea leaves though which is unfortunate, everywhere else just seems to have bags. Right now I have 3 different green teas from them, one I don't think I really like as it tastes very smoky. I also have some black teas from them - english breakfast, earl grey and one called Russian blend that I really enjoy. I have a sampler of rooibois (sp?) from them I havent tried yet, and would like to try oolong and white tea soon.
  4. Sep 26, 2008 #3
    Oolong tea tends to have a unique taste, and almost everyone that I've given it to states that they had tasted it before, however, they know that they hadn't. It's somewhat weird, however, it is a favorite of many of my friends.

White tea is essentially baby tea leaves. It is a very light tea so you shouldn't expect it to change the color of the water very much at all. I find it to have a very relaxing mood to it.
  5. Sep 26, 2008 #4
    I make chai! :biggrin:

* 1 teabag
    * 1/3 milk cup
    * 2 teaspoons sugar
    * 2/3 water
    * 1/3 teaspoons salt
    * 1 cardamom (Optional)

Boil water with teabag, sugar, teaspoons, and salt
    Put the milk and wait for boiling.

I also like herbal tea .. and all others

Coffee is best!
  6. Sep 26, 2008 #5

I love tea also. I can't drink coffee, because I always feel like it gives me an anxiety attack instead of the so-called extra energy it is supposed to. I love the smell of coffee more though.

For me, it is Twining's Irish Breakfast Tea all the way. Add milk and sugar and it is wonderful.

Otherwise, I'm a Lady Grey man. Earl Grey tastes like Earl Grey's sweat socks if you ask me. The lady is totally more refined.
  7. Sep 26, 2008 #6
    I'd take an Irish Coffee. Or maybe a Long Island Iced Tea. Can you add alcohol to tea?
  8. Sep 26, 2008 #7
    No, I don't think so. Bailey's is strictly for coffee.
  9. Sep 26, 2008 #8
    Thai tea

This ridiculous tea my roommate brought back from China called "xian shuan" I believe. It was an awesome green (or oolong) that was light and had a slight sweet flavor, almost like honey.

Darjeeling tea

A lot of white teas.
  10. Sep 26, 2008 #9
    So far my favorites are green teas, and Bigelow makes one called Pomegranate Pizazz that is great with some milk and sugar...
  11. Sep 27, 2008 #10

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

PG Tips, strong, milk no sugar.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?