Discovering Different Types of Tea: A Personal Journey

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
In summary, everyone's favorite type of tea is different. White tea, green tea, oolong tea, puer tea, rose tea, jasmin tea, Chinese red tea, and English breakfast tea are all popular. Tea leaves can be found at most stores, but the one place that sells tea leaves is the teahouse that the author frequents. Tea is also enjoyed with milk and sugar, Irish coffee, and iced tea. Darjeeling tea, Bailey's Irish Cream, and PG Tips are all popular tea brands.
Math Jeans
Ever since I took that trip to China, I have become completely addicted to tea.

What is everyone's favorite type of tea?

I (personally) enjoy: White tea, types of green tea, Oolong tea, Puer tea, Rose tea, Jasmin tea, Chinese Red tea, English breakfast tea, and Earl grey.

Because I am indecisive like that.

Physics news on Phys.org
I love tea, there is only one teahouse in my city that I have found that sells tea leaves though which is unfortunate, everywhere else just seems to have bags. Right now I have 3 different green teas from them, one I don't think I really like as it tastes very smoky. I also have some black teas from them - english breakfast, earl grey and one called Russian blend that I really enjoy. I have a sampler of rooibois (sp?) from them I haven't tried yet, and would like to try oolong and white tea soon.

scorpa said:
and would like to try oolong and white tea soon.

Oolong tea tends to have a unique taste, and almost everyone that I've given it to states that they had tasted it before, however, they know that they hadn't. It's somewhat weird, however, it is a favorite of many of my friends.

White tea is essentially baby tea leaves. It is a very light tea so you shouldn't expect it to change the color of the water very much at all. I find it to have a very relaxing mood to it.

I make chai! :biggrin:

Ingredients

* 1 teabag
* 1/3 milk cup
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 2/3 water
* 1/3 teaspoons salt
* 1 cardamom (Optional)

Procedure

Boil water with teabag, sugar, teaspoons, and salt
Put the milk and wait for boiling.

End;I also like herbal tea .. and all others

Coffee is best!

Math Jeans said:
Ever since I took that trip to China, I have become completely addicted to tea.

What is everyone's favorite type of tea?

I (personally) enjoy: White tea, types of green tea, Oolong tea, Puer tea, Rose tea, Jasmin tea, Chinese Red tea, English breakfast tea, and Earl grey.

Because I am indecisive like that.

I love tea also. I can't drink coffee, because I always feel like it gives me an anxiety attack instead of the so-called extra energy it is supposed to. I love the smell of coffee more though.

For me, it is Twining's Irish Breakfast Tea all the way. Add milk and sugar and it is wonderful.

Twinings%20269b.jpg

Otherwise, I'm a Lady Grey man. Earl Grey tastes like Earl Grey's sweat socks if you ask me. The lady is totally more refined.

I'd take an Irish Coffee. Or maybe a Long Island Iced Tea. Can you add alcohol to tea?

tribdog said:
I'd take an Irish Coffee. Or maybe a Long Island Iced Tea. Can you add alcohol to tea?

No, I don't think so. Bailey's is strictly for coffee.

Thai tea

This ridiculous tea my roommate brought back from China called "xian shuan" I believe. It was an awesome green (or oolong) that was light and had a slight sweet flavor, almost like honey.

Darjeeling tea

A lot of white teas.

So far my favorites are green teas, and Bigelow makes one called Pomegranate Pizazz that is great with some milk and sugar...

PG Tips, strong, milk no sugar.

1. What inspired you to embark on a personal journey of discovering different types of tea?

As a scientist, I have always been curious about different cultures and their traditions. Tea is a significant part of many cultures, and I wanted to explore the science and history behind this popular beverage.

2. How did you go about your research and discovery of various types of tea?

I started by reading books and articles on the history of tea, its production process, and the different types of tea available. I also visited tea plantations and attended tea tasting events to gain a hands-on understanding of the subject.

3. What are the different types of tea that you discovered during your journey?

I discovered several types of tea, including black, green, white, oolong, and herbal teas. Each type has its unique characteristics, flavor profiles, and health benefits.

4. What is the significance of the different types of tea in various cultures?

Tea has been an integral part of many cultures for centuries. For example, in China, tea is considered a symbol of harmony and is an essential element in their traditional medicine. In Japan, the tea ceremony is a significant cultural event that symbolizes respect, purity, and tranquility.

5. How has this personal journey impacted your understanding and appreciation of tea?

My personal journey of discovering different types of tea has given me a deeper understanding of the science, history, and cultural significance of tea. It has also increased my appreciation for this ancient beverage and its diverse flavors and health benefits.