Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The THANKS Thread

1. May 18, 2005 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The " THANKS !!!" Thread

Someone help you out with that problem that had been eating your head all weekend ? Have you had a great discussion that you are thankful for ? Did that post on XYZ answer questions you've been to embarrassed to ask all your life ? Find some member's posts generally informative ?

Here's where you show your thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd like to thank Zz for useful discussions and valuable references in Condensed Matter.

And I'd like to thank arildno, for catching my attention when I first visited PF ! I'm glad I stuck around. :smile:

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  4. May 18, 2005 #3
    Seconded. I also love it when he grinds crackpots to pieces.

5. May 18, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Hurkyl, hypnagogue, loseyourname, and matt grime spring immediately to mind as people who have repeatedly been a great help to me personally. I also enjoy reading posts by and have learned a lot from (in no particular order) HallsofIvy, AKG, mathwonk, SelfAdjoint, Tom Mattson, Canute, Les Sleeth, saltydog, and I'll surely think of others...

6. May 18, 2005 #5

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Is the forum gonna be wiped out and at the end we thank everyone who's helped us through the years...?

Greg,have mercy !!:cry:

Daniel.

P.S.(as an edit):Why's everyone acting as if the end of world is scheduled for tomorrow (see the latest 3 threads in this (sub)forum)...? :uhh: Do you people know something i don't...? :bugeye:

P.P.S.You're welcome,Arildno...Are u leaving us...? :surprised :tongue2:

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  7. May 18, 2005 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

And a big hearty thanks to dextercioby aka Daniel! :devil:

8. May 18, 2005 #7
    I want to thank Moonbear for her advice and encouragement before I had to keep a talk.

:rofl: @ Dex

9. May 18, 2005 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Oh, I have to thank myself then for getting a great Super Mentor to hang around at PF!
    Thanks, arildno! :blushing:

10. May 18, 2005 #9
    I learned the most from Vanesch, Tom, DrCinese, SelfAdjoint and marcus

regards
    marlon

11. May 18, 2005 #10
    i also want to thank Karen, the future mechanical engineer for being so beautiful

marlon

12. May 18, 2005 #11

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's tough to name just one person. One thing I can tell you is that PF has only gotten better over the years, and it's because of you people. When PF was in its infancy I would have ranked myself among the top 5 members as far as physics knowledge goes, and now I find myself in the middle of the pack (Glad I got my Mentorship way back then! :tongue: ). But I'm working every day to move back to the front of the room :wink: .

Thanks to everyone who has taught me and whom I have taught, because both are learning experiences for me!

*big group hug*

13. May 18, 2005 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll thank Clausius for being the thermo daddy. Without him, 2 years of thermodynamics lectures would have left me completely bewildered. As it stands, I'm only moderately bewildered.

Also to PerennialIII and Astronuc, for FEA help.

And also to Moonbear, for plastering my CV with corrections.

14. May 18, 2005 #13

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I would have to thank the Greg, Warren, the SuperMentors, everyone who posted so far, everyone mentioned so far, for great questions and great answers, and the opportunity to share and expand the knowledge. :cool:

PF is definitely a great place to be. :approve:

15. May 18, 2005 #14

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And I, in turn, would like to give thanks to Astronuc's improbably full beard. :smile:

- Warren

16. May 18, 2005 #15

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

I will like to thank Arildno, Mathwonk, HallsofIvy and Matt Grime, because by reading their answers i've cleared myself of plenty unprecise definitions i had in the beautiful science we know as mathematics :biggrin:

17. May 19, 2005 #16
    I would like to thank Space Tiger for taking time and thought to explain every question he answers in a way that is understandable, enlightening and enjoyable to read.
    Thx Nick oh and ill add to that Id like to thank him for being such a hottie too ! :!!)

18. May 20, 2005 #17

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Big Kudos to Krab and ZapperZ specifically for the clean, clear language used in their explanations.

19. May 20, 2005 #18
    Seconded, i forget to add his name to my list of people from whom i learned the most. I should also thank Spacetiger for explaining the CMB to me in such a great way

regards

marlon

20. May 20, 2005 #19
    I'd like to thank Astronuc in his show of prolific manliness. Seriously, just a skull and crossbones hat and a hook and you're all the way there!

respect!

21. May 20, 2005 #20

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That has made me to smile :rofl: .

I have to acknowledge those who have helped me when I posted some question or doubt. You know, there is always some group of friends here who always try to do their best helping you.

It is worth to mention Astronuc, Marlon, Arildno, Brewnog, Minger, Daniel, Enigma, Russ, Integral, Doc Al, Morbius, PerenialII, QGoest, and a lot of people just now I don't remember.

And it is worth to mention also those who have adviced me about extra-academic issues: Moonbear, Astronuc, Arildno, Marlon, Daniel, Tsu, Gokul... and in general all the community of the PF General Discussion.

I must congratulate PF administrators for keeping on sustaining this forum.

Gracias, amigos.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?