Thank you for your understanding.Dr. Gregory GreenmanPhysicist

In summary, the conversation discusses a personal theory about the universe being part of something bigger and combining quantum mechanics and general theory of everything. However, the forum has a policy against personal theories and the thread is locked. The conversation also includes a discussion about the need for mathematics to prove theories and a courtroom analogy to support the idea of not having directly witnessed the big bang.
sudhirking
hey guys I am new to this but whatever. i am only 14 years old so please help me on any mistakes. i don't know the mathamtics behind my general theory but i do believe in the concept of it.
my theory is very simple.
it is...
Everything, in and beyond the universe, is part of something bigger.
this means that evrything is a part of something biggerso there is an unlimited quantity of bigger things, and an unlimited amount of smaller things.
this combines quantam mechanics and general theory of everything because there ius an unlimited amount of things, picture-using the string theory- strings that make up an atom. therse strings have very sma,lk if any mass. but there is something smaller than it, and something smaller than it, and so forth. this could leave to stuff like negative matter. in my theory, negative matter, wait my mom is getting mad at me . i have to leave.explain later.

Space news on Phys.org
The idea that the Universe we know is a part of a larger group is called a megaverse. Alone these ideas can't Unify Quantum mechanics (QM) and General Relativity (GR). This requires formulating the mathematics so that we can calculate GR and QM effects from the same math. Even if your theory could in principle do this the math is required to show it.

In general personal theories are not well tolerated here and they will lock your threads about them. There is good reason for this. Many people of all ages have personal theories and will make all kinds of accusations toward those that disagree. This forum tries to limit discussions to peer reviewed work so that it can be an educational site for many. Personal theories often come with so many claims and accusations that it is near impossible to maintain any educational value.

Don't despair, you are very young and have many futures to choose from. Your math teachers might be clueless when asked what that stuff is good for but learn it. Once you learn what it's good for it is immensely powerful.

By the way, welcome to the forum sudhirking.

If you have any questions ask away.

my_wan said:
In general personal theories are not well tolerated here and they will lock your threads about them. There is good reason for this. Many people of all ages have personal theories and will make all kinds of accusations toward those that disagree. This forum tries to limit discussions to peer reviewed work so that it can be an educational site for many. Personal theories often come with so many claims and accusations that it is near impossible to maintain any educational value.

Well, hey, my_wan. What do you think about this theory? It's not so much mathematical (beyond Bayesian Probability Theory, of course) as it is philosophical, but as you know philosophy is often the point man in many innovations. Here's the pitch:

The Cosmological Principle is obsolete in that the following two rules should replace the first two axioms of the C.P (specifically that the universe is homogeneous and isotropic).

These two rules of cosmology will help us do this:

1) The Finite Rule: All material phenomena are finite in extent and
constituent to larger structures.

2) The Plurality Principle: All material phenomena are multiply manifest.

This video poses the rationale for the above two rules:

This video offers an improvement of the Cosmological Principle:

And this video is a fun stab at how we might imagine the large scale
structure of the Big Bang under the constraints of the two rules:

It ain't rocket science. It's just a philosophical adjustment whose time has come.

Whaddaya think, my_wan?

-Mike Harmon

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuetek said:
Whaddaya think, my_wan?

-Mike Harmon

Uhhh... duhhhhh... I can't anymore...

my_wan said:
Uhhh... duhhhhh... I can't anymore...

Come on! That iddn't any kinda answer.

-Mike

"The idea that the Universe we know is a part of a larger group is called a megaverse. Alone these ideas can't Unify Quantum mechanics (QM) and General Relativity (GR). This requires formulating the mathematics so that we can calculate GR and QM effects from the same math. Even if your theory could in principle do this the math is required to show it."

Why do I need math to prove that a match once lit, burns out?

Capernicus said:
Why do I need math to prove that a match once lit, burns out?

Because in the case of the Universe we have never actually seen the match get lit nor burn out. Nor can we, especially in the limit of the time we have observed it. The consistency of the math and all that we can observe is all we have to go on.

Cuetek said:
Come on! That iddn't any kinda answer.

-Mike

That wasn't any kind of question I was answering.

my_wan said:
That wasn't any kind of question I was answering.

Yawn

Here is my response to #8 above, (If I knew how to do those cute little quote things, I would), which is in the form of an analogy that goes like this: It is a real courtroom scene that actually happened where the procecution's eye witness is being cross-examined by a defense attorney:
Q - Did you see the defendant bite off the victim's ear?
A - No, I did not.
Q - Then pray tell, how do you know my client bit off the victim's ear?
A - Because I saw him spit it out.

If you need the help I'll translate the above syllogism for you. Nobody saw the big bang but we can see all kinds of stuff (fire) blasted through space and most uniquely, basically each racing away from the aother. Sure sounds like an explosion to me that once lit, will burn out like the match and every other form of energy!

sudhirking,

As has already been mentioned, we have a policy against the posting of personal theories. We feel this policy is in the best interest of all the members of the forum. As such, I have to lock this thread. I want you to know that I appreciate your interest and curiosity about the universe and hope that this does not discourage you from continuing to post here. I ony ask that you refrain from posting about your own theories. Instead, ask questions. There are a number of knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to share their expertise; take advantage of them. I hope to see further posts from you.

What is "The Theory Of Everything"?

The Theory of Everything is a hypothetical framework that aims to explain all physical aspects of the universe, including the fundamental forces and laws of nature.

Who developed "The Theory Of Everything"?

Many scientists and physicists have contributed to the development of The Theory of Everything, including Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, and Brian Greene.

What is the main goal of "The Theory Of Everything"?

The main goal of The Theory of Everything is to find a single, unified theory that can explain all physical phenomena in the universe, from the smallest subatomic particles to the largest structures in the cosmos.

Why is "The Theory Of Everything" important in science?

The Theory of Everything is important in science because it could potentially solve some of the biggest mysteries of the universe, such as the nature of dark matter and dark energy, and provide a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of nature.

Has "The Theory Of Everything" been proven?

No, The Theory of Everything has not been proven yet. Scientists are still working on developing a comprehensive and testable theory that can fully explain all aspects of the universe.