Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The thread killer's thread is dead

1. Yes, he's alive!!!

28.1%
  2. No, he's gone forever, may he rest in peace

59.4%
  3. What's the "Thread Killer Thread"?

12.5%
  1. Jun 11, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

The thread killer's thread is dead....

I say we need a new place to post all of our cr@p!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2
    Yeah, and I had the kill too. Until that punk Zooby guy went in there and stole it from me. I am currently working on finding out where he lives so I can shoot him :mad:

4. Jun 11, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

how could evo lock it?! :mad: :frown: I say franzbear is revived right here and now!

5. Jun 11, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

zooby made me do it

I had no choice, here's a copy of the pm I received

Evo, unless the thread killer thread is locked you can expect a visit from some very nasty nocturnally roving purple jellyfish.

Capiche?

:surprised :bugeye: :surprised

6. Jun 11, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

Evo, I saw your zooby made me do it thread! :mad:

7. Jun 11, 2005 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

very bad evo! you know purple nocturnal roving jellyfish are in this very forum. *looks around* time out for you!

8. Jun 11, 2005 #7

Evo

I moved it here since you had already started this thread.

9. Jun 11, 2005 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

"this thread" is officially franzbear II

10. Jun 11, 2005 #9

Evo

It ended with post number 8448, is that a great number or what?

11. Jun 11, 2005 #10
    Yeah I have to admit that is a great number. In fact, those 4 numbers are the 4579th, 4580th, 4581st, and 4852nd digits of [tex] \pi [/tex]

12. Jun 11, 2005 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

we were going for 10,000 :cry:

and you let a zoobie kill it! a zoobie!

13. Jun 11, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

You may feel free to unlock Franzbear. I am sending you, at no cost, my patented 'Nocturnally Roving Purple Jellyfish Squisher'; ie one of Zoobie's discarded size-19 shoes duct-taped to a broken hockey stick. It will protect you from anything that he can send your way, all long as you stay alert.

14. Jun 11, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

can she unlock the thread? :bugeye: is it possible?

15. Jun 11, 2005 #14
    Why can no one pm zooby, I certainly would like to give that *********** a piece of my mind :mad: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry:

16. Jun 11, 2005 #15

Evo

Hmmm, as official thread killer, I believe Moonbear also won a free trip to Disney World and a pair of golden mouse ears. :approve:

17. Jun 11, 2005 #16
    Ohh MB killed the thread. Well at least she was there from the start. However!, remember she had help from that cat of hers. Does this not disqualify her?

18. Jun 11, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

I had a girlfriend like that once. It didn't last long. :grumpy:

19. Jun 11, 2005 #18
    Ahh, it seems that danger has turned this into the new thread. Hopefully this one will not be killed.

20. Jun 11, 2005 #19

JamesU

Gold Member

for now...zoobieshoe is the official thread killer champion.

and you can't PM him!!!

21. Jun 11, 2005 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

May it rest in peace. I must have had a psychic premonition because I unsubscribed from the thread two days ago. Subsconsciously, I must have known the end was near, and witnessing the final moments would have been too much to bear emotionally.

A few words: it was a good thread. It was a large thread. At times it was loved, at times it was hated, but there was no one who felt ambivalent about franzbear. Franzbear touched many lives, and stole many productive hours from corporations and educational institutions all over the globe by luring busy minds and fingers into blissful idleness. We will remember fondly all the silly moments that brought us joy as we honor franzbear with our memories today.

I think it might be appropriate for franz, Moonbear, and tribdog to say a few words.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?