Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Tip Jar

1. Jun 2, 2006 #1
    There's a café I frequent where the characters behind the counter put some creativity into the signs on their tip jar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2006 #2
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Notice that exterminating the mutants and building the Thunderdome in SD are the most profitable ideas:tongue:

4. Jun 2, 2006 #3
    Next PF photo contest: Tip Jars and Spare chage!

5. Jun 2, 2006 #4
    :rofl: That is creative!

6. Jun 2, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Those are cute. :smile:

7. Jun 2, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh! There were jars in the pictures too! I was busy drooling over the scones and cookies and muffins in the pictures (I'm hungry :redface:). :biggrin: Those are clever signs. At least you know it's a tip jar. One place I get coffee, I'm never quite sure if they expect tips or not. There's a cup next to the register, but it usually has a pen in it, so I'm not sure if someone is just using it as a pen holder, or if it's intended to be a tip jar that the pens wind up getting stuck in after people sign the credit slips. :rolleyes:

8. Jun 2, 2006 #7
    Jeez, I didn't even notice those. Sorry for the stray temptation.

9. Jun 2, 2006 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

My local rep theatre does that. Except their sign on the candy counter says:

Tip us or we'll tell you how the movie ends!

10. Jun 2, 2006 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Tip jars are crass and disgusting... a true symbol of North American standards.
    For the 20 years of working bars, I never dreamed of using one or even suggesting that I be tipped. In fact, I wouldn't take money off of the bar until the patron left, in case it wasn't meant for me. (And I made better tips than anyone else.)

11. Jun 2, 2006 #10
    Yeah, I hated them when they first started appearing. Now they're everywhere, so I caved and throw my change in like everyone else.

Anyway, these signs at this place are always so entertaining "contributing" is fun.

12. Jun 2, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: That's just plain extortion! :rofl:

13. Jun 2, 2006 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

These are very funny. :rofl: I would definitely kick in a little extra in my tip for the humor - and also because I think SD needs an actual Thunderdome.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?