The total heat of humans

• Thread starter Don East
  • Start date
The average heat produced by one human is 116 watts. There 7 billion people in the world today. That equals 812 billion watts of energy. How do I explain this to the average person.
Thanks Don East

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
The average heat produced by one human is 116 watts. There 7 billion people in the world today. That equals 812 billion watts of energy. How do I explain this to the average person.
Thanks Don East

What's the point? And a Watt is a unit of power, not of energy...

What's there to explain?

Thanks Don East

It means we are generating 800% as much energy as the whole of France consumes in a day. Tap our enegies for only a day and France will be sorted for the next eight days. :)

Last edited:
Nugatory
Mentor
It means that were we to somehow pool our thermal energies and convert same to electricy, we wouldn't match the nuclear power plant in Califonia which delivers almost thre times that much (some 2.1 thousand Mega Watts of power).

Check your math.

Check your math.

Checked and edited accordingly. My bad.

yea so lets get all the humans in the world and set them on fire and let the aliens enjoy the energy :P
there is no possible way to harvest radiated human energy i believe , and it would be useless nonetheless