Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Trilateral Commission

1. None at all.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Obviously some.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Trilateral Commission rules the world!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mar 17, 2003 #1
    How much of an influence do you believe the decisions made by the Trilateral Commission have on the world?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2003 #2

Njorl

Science Advisor

Trilateral Commission conspiricy theories are out of vogue. It's the World Bank that is all the rage now.

Njorl

4. Mar 18, 2003 #3

kat

Lol, is there really a differance?

5. Mar 18, 2003 #4

Njorl

Science Advisor

The Trilateral commission is the liberal world domination conspiracy while the world bank is the conservative world domination conspiracy. Choose your poison :wink:

Njorl

6. Mar 18, 2003 #5

FZ+

Grr. Why don't we have a global centrist conspiracy! I say the current system is deeply unrepresentative and a snub to democracy! :wink:

7. Mar 19, 2003 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

ROFLMFAO!!!

I heard this great one where Clinton was going to use the Y2K disaster as a justification to invoke FEMA and sieze dictatorial power.

That one was funny. This one is barely pathetic. The way the question was worded, its assumed that this "Trilateral Comission" actually exists. Shocked and saddened.

8. Mar 21, 2003 #7

Njorl

Science Advisor

It does exist.

http://trilateral.org:9999/

As far as I can tell it is a harmless mutual admiration society masqerading as a think-tank.

Njorl

9. Mar 21, 2003 #8

arivero

Gold Member

It is interesting they need to put the website at 9999, I guess both to avoid firewalls and to avoid unwanted visitors from the anti-conspiracy crowd.

To me, it is a kind of international football club. I mean, here in Spain one of the greatest shows a businessmen can do is to manage a Football club in the First League. Why? It is not only because he gets TV popularity. He gets also the power to invite people to the president zone in any match, and to organize parties and to be invited to others' parties etc. In this way his bussiness gets collateral benefits by stablishing friendships with the managers of other companies.

10. Mar 21, 2003 #9

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Well thats nice but the assumption here is that it is a world governing body. Such a body does not exist.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?