The True Nature of the Spleen of Existence

Originally posted by wuliheron
Actually there have been experiments done that validate my view. In one experiment people were asked to judge the difficulty of the slop of a hill they were about to climb. First they responded verbally then they were asked to demonstrate with their hand. The results of experiments like these showed beyond a reasonable doubt that these people's conscious minds at least were often dead wrong while their subconscious minds were dead on.
Well, first I would like to know how they explained verbally. I would assume that it was by giving the measure of the angles (degrees). However, describing it verbally and describing it with a hand gesture does not portray a difference between conscious and subconscious, only verbal and kinesthetic. Secondly, conscious and subconscious do not correlate to logical and emotional.

If you gave me a drawing with an angle, I could easily enough mimick the slope of the angle with my hand with relative accuracy. However, if you asked me to assign number to it, I would be less accurate. That is because of translation problems--converting visual information into numerical, and the ability to compare one angle to another (how many 1 degree angles fit into this drawing?). This is not a difference of emotional and logical, or even conscious and subconscious.

If this does not represent the example you provided, please give me more information.

Similar results were discovered during split brain experiments. Essentially the verbally and mathematically adept half of the subjects' minds would frequently lie. It takes brains to lie effectively. The list of such experiments that demonstrate the power of emotion and intuition is long. To argue against such things without providing the slightest evidence is presumptuous to say the least.
I don't have enough information here to adequately address this. I will say that intuition and emotion are not the same thing.

FZ+
The results of experiments like these showed beyond a reasonable doubt that these people's conscious minds at least were often dead wrong while their subconscious minds were dead on.
But, wuli, there were experiments too which show that people's conscious minds were dead right while their subconscious minds were dead wrong... Like the stories regarding "repressed memory haoxes".