Discover the Essence of True Quantum: Matter, Energy, and Spin

• Thread starter Antonio Lao
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quantum
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the true quantum and its relation to various forms of quantization in physics. There is no concrete definition of the true quantum, but it is believed to be a fundamental element of reality. The conversation also delves into the mathematics and theories behind the true quantum, including the use of matrices and their role in calculating values for charge and mass. The concept of Dirac's matrices and their relation to the true quantum is also mentioned. Overall, there is still much to be understood about the true quantum and its role in the fundamental laws of physics.
Antonio Lao
What is the true quantum? The quantization of matter, energy, charge, angular momentum (spin), scalar and vector field and many other forms of quantization to date can all be approximation to the true quantum.

The true quantum is the square of the energy. This is a quantum of time (with two directions) and quantum of double-spin. The true quantum is a scalar field like the Higgs field.

Physics news on Phys.org
In a way, the complete understanding of quantum entanglement is intimately related to the true quantum.

This understanding of entanglement is presently beyond the reach of current physics. For us (creatures of reality), like what Einstein's demanded, our understanding depends on some element of reality. But John Bell and all the experiments on entanglement have shown, these elements of reality simply did not materialize at this time.

There's no such a thing as "the true quantum". There seems to be a "quantum principle" in all of physics, in the sense that the measurement process, by which we acquire information from experimental setups, behaves according to QM principles. However, the "quantum" in QM is a property, not a noun.

It is not a noun because it is still not found. Once located, it's ghostly appearance will eventually disappear. At the moment, the quantum is intimately linked to the wave function of QM. And it's measuement requires the probability amplitude which is the square absolute value of the wave function.

My independent research strongly indicated to me that the "true" quantum of reality is the square of energy and the internal structure is that of two Hopf rings.

In many circumstances, QM systems do allow for continuous spectra. For instance, the energy of a free electron can have any value. If there was such a thing as "the true quantum" as a fundamental element of reality, every system would be quantized, instead of only bound states (as is the case).

Antonio Lao said:
My independent research strongly indicated to me that the "true" quantum of reality is the square of energy and the internal structure is that of two Hopf rings.

Energy is a number. As such, it can be squared, and the result of such operation is also a number; hence, you are saying that the "true" quantum is only a number, not a physical entity.

In a simplistic way, you are correct to say that the "true' quantum is a number. But in reality, it's a matrix. But once the operations of addition and multiplication are done on the matrices, numbers are produced. Addition produces numbers for values of electric charge and multiplication produces values for mass.

A first hint that leads me to suspect the "trueness" of quantum of energy squared is th following relativistic energy equation:

[tex] E^2 = c^2 p^2 + m^2c^4[/tex]

Dirac used this to propose the existence of antimatter. Further, he used the same square root form of the equation for the concept of spin. But the quantization of spin is only an approximation to the "trueness" of the quantum. A deeper and more subtle symmetry can be found in the double spins of two Hopf rings. But this implies reality as being one-dimensional instead of 4-dim (3 of space and one of time) as we are used to believe.

Last edited:
Antonio Lao said:
Dirac used this to proposed the existence of antimatter

Just in a very loose sense. He used the operation version of the equation, and defined a type of "number" (that turned out to be representable as a matrix) that was able to solve it.

Dirac's matrices contain 0,1, -1, and i as elements. The matrices I use only contains 1, and -1. I was able to calculate the mass ratio of proton to electron within a percent of the experimental value.

Antonio Lao said:
In a simplistic way, you are correct to say that the "true' quantum is a number.

A number, or a matrix, are representations of physical quantities, not physical entities themselves. The "true quantum" would only be a concept, and not able to be the building block of anything else.

once the operations of addition and multiplication are done on the matrices, numbers are produced.
Sure

Addition produces numbers for values of electric charge and multiplication produces values for mass.

This is an absurd generalization. Addition of electrical charges produces an electrical charge. Addition of masses produces a value of mass. As of multiplication, you need to specify what magnitudes you are multiplying.

Antonio Lao said:
Dirac's matrices contain 0,1, -1, and i as elements. The matrices I use only contains 1, and -1. I was able to calculate the mass ratio of proton to electron within a percent of the experimental value.

1. Are "your matrices" supposed to have the same function as that of Dirac matrices? what commutation relations do your matrices satisfy? what is their relation to Dirac's eqn? If they have only real entries, they cannot possibly have the same role, which makes the comparison pointless.

2. What elements go into the calculation? I'm not asking for the full thing; only for a summary of the main ideas.

The matrices always commute. The matrices are symmetrical and square with alternate elements of 1 and -1. They are basically Hadamard matrices. What is done to these matrices as operators operating on themselves to generate numerical values for charge and mass.

If they always commute, they cannot be used to solve Dirac's eqn. comparing them with Dirac matrices is then mixing apples and oranges.

They are not used to solve any equation. it's only the elements that are different.
The Pauli's and Dirac's matrices contains 1, -1, 0, and i. Hadamard matrices contain only 1 and -1.

These matrices are all singular. Their determinants are zero. At first, I tried to fit these matrices into a group. But the multiplication operation does not satisfy the group property of possessing an inverse and also successive matrix addition or matrix multiplication produced scalar factors that cannot be part of the group. These matrices more or less formed an algebraic ring that are Abelian group of matrix addition and semi-group of matrix multiplication.

If one can assume the existence of infinitesimal distances and forces r1, F1, and r2, F2 then the square of energy E is given by:

[tex] E^2 = r_i \times F_i \cdot r_j \times F_j [/tex]

where i=1 and j=2.

Expanded by Langrange's identity give

[tex] E^2 = (r_i \cdot r_j)(F_i \cdot F_j) - (r_i \cdot F_j)(r_j \cdot F_i) [/tex]

The square of energy can also be equally given by

[tex] E^2 = r_i \times F_i \cdot F_j \times r_j [/tex]

and when expanded give

[tex] E^2 = (r_i \cdot F_j)(r_j \cdot F_i) - (r_i \cdot r_j)(F_i \cdot F_j) [/tex]

which one of these two forms of E^2 happens more often in reality can be determined by probability theory. One form represents the kinetic energy (or kinetic mass) and the other represents the potential energy (or potential mass).

1. What is quantum theory?

Quantum theory is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of matter and energy at a microscopic scale. It is based on the idea that particles, such as atoms and subatomic particles, can exist in multiple states or locations at once, and can only be described probabilistically rather than deterministically.

2. What is the "essence" of true quantum?

The "essence" of true quantum refers to the fundamental principles and concepts that govern the behavior of matter and energy at a quantum level. This includes concepts such as superposition, entanglement, and uncertainty, which are all essential to understanding the behavior of particles at a microscopic scale.

3. How does quantum theory relate to everyday life?

While quantum theory may seem abstract and unrelated to our everyday experiences, it actually has a significant impact on many aspects of modern life. For example, quantum mechanics is used in technologies such as transistors, lasers, and computer memory. It also plays a crucial role in understanding chemical reactions, biological processes, and even the behavior of materials we encounter in our daily lives.

4. What is the role of spin in quantum theory?

Spin is a fundamental property of particles that is described by quantum theory. It refers to the intrinsic angular momentum of a particle, which is not related to its physical rotation. Spin plays a crucial role in determining the behavior and interactions of particles, and is a key component of many quantum phenomena, including magnetism and quantum computing.

5. How does quantum theory challenge our understanding of reality?

Quantum theory challenges our traditional understanding of reality by showing that the behavior of particles at a microscopic scale is fundamentally different from what we observe in our everyday lives. It challenges the idea of a deterministic universe, where cause and effect are easily predictable, and instead introduces concepts such as randomness and uncertainty. It also challenges our understanding of space and time, as well as our ability to observe and measure the behavior of particles without influencing them.