Who Would You Choose for the Ultimate Dinner Date?

• Thread starter Wardw
  • Start date
In summary, The German survey mentioned in the content asked who the Germans would most like to have dinner with. Albert was the most popular choice, followed by Jesus. Feynman, Einstein, and Chopin were also mentioned.
Wardw
In a recent survey 25% of Germans when asked who they would most like to spend the evening dining with, came up with the master himself, good old Albert. E.
So the question is just that:

Who would you most like to have dinner and conversation with?
Can be dead or alive (or any state in between)
And why?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm going to stick out my neck and say Brunel.

He had balls-a-plenty, he was ridiculously ambitious and I reckon he'd be pretty chuffed to see some of his projects still standing today. Also, his middle name was Kingdom so if I got bored I could start picking on him.

Although not a Christian, I would have to say Jesus, I really do want to know what was happening in the top paddock, if all the kangaroos were there or if a few had hopped the fence.
I'd want a dam good explanation for all the chaos and lives that would be lost in the future in his and his "dad"'s name.
I really want to know.

Hmmm...toughie...

Feynman would be an obvious choice...but there's also Robert E Lee, arguably one of the greater military geniuses of his century...Neville Chamberlain, so i could land a fist on his jaw...

I tihnk i would ultimately pick feynman.

Einstein, or chopin :redface:

Either Agrippina the younger, or Catarina de Medici.
Strong women of wit, charm and power, who knew what it would take to maintain their position in excessively patriarchal societies, and who were ruthless enough to do it.
Formidable personalities; a single dinner date would be a treat, a life under her spell something quite different..

Last edited:
Bradley Nowell

The late lead singer of Sublime.

Sublime

He died on the 25th of May 1996.

I love this guy so much. He inspires me :smile:

Oh and also the guy who invented super noodles :tongue: mmmmm :tongue2:

Attachments

• Brad.****inPassion_thumb_120.jpg
    Brad.****inPassion_thumb_120.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 422
Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with Isaac Asimov simply because it is he who changed my life around, and on top of it all, he is among the most intelligent people ever lived, in my opinion.

Actually, Chopin is a good idea, but i'd LOVE to meet Rachmaninoff, piano, and composer genius, the sheer complexity of his piano works leave me astounded, they are technically verging on the impossible. To play one would be amazing; to meet him would be life-fulfilling!

Padford said:
Actually, Chopin is a good idea, but i'd LOVE to meet Rachmaninoff, piano, and composer genius, the sheer complexity of his piano works leave me astounded, they are technically verging on the impossible. To play one would be amazing; to meet him would be life-fulfilling!

Chopins works are awesomely hard as well though..

Chopin is the genius with improvisation, dynamics, and sheer skill.

Definitely Malcolm X Shabazz, but Kwame Nkrumah wouldn't be a bad choice each other..

You play piano? (Bladila?). I think Chopin's works are difficult, but if you looking for walls of sound and finger-snapping impossible piano works look no further than rachmaninoff, sure, fansatie impromptu (chopin) is impossible, and technically insane, but look at, oooh, prelude in c sharp minor, or rachmaninoff's arrangement of the flight of the bumble bee (can play the booksy and hawks- thinkt that's right) version, but ol' rachmaninoff adds a bit. Definalty him, fantastic!

My Father. (1921-1970)

He loved technology and it would be so cool to here what he would have to say about the world we now live in? Would he have taken to computers? (Mom, has).. So many questions... No answers.

Socrates; the ultimate troublemaker.

Tea anyone?

Peter Doherty, ex-frontman of The Libertines now fronts Babyshambles.

Would be amazing.

Don't think he'll last too much longer though as quoted by his mom: "Every heroin addict started with cannabis". Tis a shame, he had so much going for him

Carly said:
Peter Doherty, ex-frontman of The Libertines now fronts Babyshambles.

Would be amazing.

Don't think he'll last too much longer though as quoted by his mom: "Every heroin addict started with cannabis". Tis a shame, he had so much going for him
I could also say every heroin user started with his mother milk. Has about as much to do with it.

At the moment, for me it would be EVO! :biggrin: I would start the evening off with some nice sauteed shrimp and french bread with bruchetta to get the meal going, followed by stuffed mushrooms plus fresh veggies with dip, of course this would be complemented with a good chardonnay. Then after that it would be an entree' of lobster and steak with sauteed veggies and a broccoli and cheese stuffed potato. Of course this part of the meal would be complemented by a nice Bordeaux and followed by a salad of mixed greens and veggies. For dessert there would be chocolate moose with dark chocolate covered cherries and strawberries complimented by a nice german Riesling wine. During the course of the whole event there would preferably be conversations about anything and everything complimented by a background of smooth jazz( or whatever Evo prefered). Plus I would not only serve and cook the meal but I would also do the dishes! :biggrin:

But since this is only a fantasy and now I know I am a LOSER, I only have to say:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So in substitution of Evo, I would have a couple of good friends of mine over for beer, steaks, x-box, movies, risk, whisky, plus a few other amenities to make for a good evening. Barring that I would have tea with Ivan to talk about UFO's and other oddities of life! :biggrin:

Last edited:
... britney .. spears.

Wolfagang Amadeus Mozart...
Marlon Brando...
Luciano Pavarotti...

But Mozart is definitely my favourite...

marlon

polyb said:
Barring that I would have tea with Ivan to talk about UFO's and other oddities of life! :biggrin:

Wow, that's nice of you to say, but you just made Tsu sick. :biggrin:

polyb said:
At the moment, for me it would be EVO! :biggrin: I would start the evening off with some nice sauteed shrimp and french bread with bruchetta to get the meal going, followed by stuffed mushrooms plus fresh veggies with dip, of course this would be complemented with a good chardonnay. Then after that it would be an entree' of lobster and steak with sauteed veggies and a broccoli and cheese stuffed potato. Of course this part of the meal would be complemented by a nice Bordeaux and followed by a salad of mixed greens and veggies. For dessert there would be chocolate moose with dark chocolate covered cherries and strawberries complimented by a nice german Riesling wine. During the course of the whole event there would preferably be conversations about anything and everything complimented by a background of smooth jazz( or whatever Evo prefered). Plus I would not only serve and cook the meal but I would also do the dishes! :biggrin:

But since this is only a fantasy and now I know I am a LOSER, I only have to say:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So in substitution of Evo, I would have a couple of good friends of mine over for beer, steaks, x-box, movies, risk, whisky, plus a few other amenities to make for a good evening. Barring that I would have tea with Ivan to talk about UFO's and other oddities of life! :biggrin:

You cook? And serve? AND clean the dishes? And Evo has cut you loose? tribdog is SOOOOO history! Polyb, don't throw that food out, I'm on the way! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
You cook? And serve? AND clean the dishes? And Evo has cut you loose? tribdog is SOOOOO history! Polyb, don't throw that food out, I'm on the way! :biggrin:

well, if she was willing to throw trib away thhat easily, i'd be careful polyb, yuo could be replaced any minute...

Moonbear said:

Yes I do and always with a smile! :wink:

I am also pretty good at the art of massage!:biggrin:

It is as pleasuable to give as it is to receive in the sensual arts! :tongue2:

Ivan Seeking said:
Wow, that's nice of you to say, but you just made Tsu sick. :biggrin:

Tell tsu it would only be a BS session, don't get any kooky ideas now! :uhh:

franznietzsche said:
well, if she was willing to throw trib away thhat easily, i'd be careful polyb, yuo could be replaced any minute...

I don't mind being a boy toy for the ladies! :rofl:

Besides, there are many advantages to that circumstance. :tongue2:

polyb said:
Yes I do and always with a smile! :wink:

Woo hoo, I even get smiles with it. :smile: :biggrin:

I am also pretty good at the art of massage!:biggrin:

Well, with all the practice I could give you, you'd be a maestro in no time!

It is as pleasuable to give as it is to receive in the sensual arts! :tongue2:

:!) :!)
I can't believe Evo gave you up! She never was the sensible sister, she prefers to run off with those fancy French men. I think it might have been something do with that hypnotist we went to see as kids, and some mumbo jumbo about accents. :biggrin:

polyb said:
Wow. That sounds so good! And I'm so hungry. :frown:

Evo said:
Wow. That sounds so good! And I'm so hungry. :frown:

Too late, you gave him up for Humanino and Fauchon chocolate! I've got polyb now! Go eat your chicken broth and Nyquil! :tongue:

(Polyb, are you enjoying us fighting over you? If Evo wasn't sick, we could get out the bikinis and mud. :rofl:)

polyb said:
I don't mind being a boy toy for the ladies! :rofl:

Besides, there are many advantages to that circumstance. :tongue2:

If you like being yesterday's trash...

polyb said:
Tell tsu it would only be a BS session, don't get any kooky ideas now! :uhh:

No, :rofl: I think you misunderstand... :rofl: she had her fill of UFOs and stuff about 15 years ago.

franznietzsche said:
I can't eat while usrrounded by disembodied heads on spikes.

And i'd rather not join his victims.

It all goes to my initial premise than anything much earlier than the roaring 20's would be too smelly. :tongue:

Edit: Um, that initial premise would be the one I made over in the "What era would you want to live in" thread. I'm losing track of what threads I'm posting in here. :tongue2:

Last edited:
franznietzsche said:
I can't eat while usrrounded by disembodied heads on spikes.

If you want to have friends you need to loosen up a bit.

Terry Fox, Steve Jobs and Johannes Kepler.

T'would be an interesting affair.