Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Ultimate Engineer Joke (18+ only)

1. Aug 27, 2003 #1
    Well, my friends.. if I get banned, know that it was fun (and I'll be back with a different name)

So a Physicist, a Mathematician, and an Engineer are all asked to prove that all odd numbers are prime

The Physicist says "1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime.. Given the overwhelming experimental evidence, it's clear that all odd numbers are prime"

The Mathematician says "1 is prime (more or less), 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, and the rest go by a simple inductive proof"

The Engineer then says "Hold on, I'll prove that all odd numbers are prime once I get my dick out of this small child"

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2003 #2
    I've heard this joke and it didn't end that way. I usually hang with sane people. Do all your jokes end that way?

4. Sep 3, 2003 #3
    I think that i speak for most of the people here when i say "What the hell?"
    -HBar

5. Sep 3, 2003 #4
    Took the words right out of my mouth!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?