The Ultimate In Hypocrisy

• News
  • Thread starter Art
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
Excellent synopsis on both sides El Hombre Invisible.

The military is always going to release a version of the truth which is their truth, that doesn't mean there's not "more truth" they haven't told. It's politics.

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't believe extremes on either side of the news, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

People will be more likely to listen to your point when it is made calmly and when good questions are raised.

Again, very good post.

Last edited:
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Evo said:
Excellent synopsis on both sides El Hombre Invisible.

Again, very good post.
Agreed.

While I am skeptical of just about anything coming out of the Bush administration, I am also cautious about what is reported by any news organization these days. I prefer other independent sources, if I can't verify it myself. I know my local newspaper has misquoted people in the past and taken things out of context, which sometimes produces a story completely in contradiction with the truth.

As for napalm, that being the original formulation of naphtenic and palmitic acids, is no longer used. Other compounds are used instead.

As for chemical weapons - checking the facts, one finds -
1. "Chemical Weapons" means the following, together or separately:

(a) Toxic chemicals and their precursors, except where intended for purposes not prohibited under this Convention, as long as the types and quantities are consistent with such purposes;

(b) Munitions and devices, specifically designed to cause death or other harm through the toxic properties of those toxic chemicals specified in subparagraph (a), which would be released as a result of the employment of such munitions and devices;

(c) Any equipment specifically designed for use directly in connection with the employment of munitions and devices specified in subparagraph (b).
from http://www.opcw.org/html/db/cwc/eng/cwc_frameset.html

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is the international organisation that was established in 1997 by the countries that have joined the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) to make sure that the Convention works effectively and achieves its purpose.

Napalm and its successors are not 'chemical weapons', nor do incendiary devices constitute weapons of mass destruction (WMD).