Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The ultimate kool-aid mix?

1. Oct 16, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Does anyone know if any university has spent $20,000 of federal grant money to determine exactly how much kool-aid you should put in a certain amount of water to make the best taste? :)

I just made some koolaid using the exact ingrediants! Seems 1 tablespoon of kool-aid is 15g and the recipe is roughly 15g/cup :P I wonder if anyone has like, chemical formulas to figure out the best mixture :D mmmmm!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2005 #2

Mk

4. Oct 16, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Kool-aid? Best taste? No such thing. :yuck: I don't know how anyone can drink that stuff.

5. Oct 16, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I hated it as a child, it was too weak. I haven't tried it recently but can't imagine it's much better.

I liked fizzies. :approve:

6. Oct 16, 2005 #5

matthyaouw

Gold Member

What is Kool-aid anyhow? I mean what does it taste of (or what is it supposed to taste of?) I've read a wikipedia article, but it tactfully avoids talking about its taste any further than saying it is "artificially flavoured.

7. Oct 16, 2005 #6

Evo

It tastes like colored sugar water with some artificial fruit flavoring, if you make it by the directions it's very weak and disgusting.

8. Oct 16, 2005 #7

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Psh, I can get coloured sugar-water that I don't have to make myself. Generic blue flavour panda pops all the way :biggrin:

9. Oct 16, 2005 #8
    Panda pops rule!

10. Oct 16, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Weak? Maybe nobody makes it by the directions. The stuff tasted lethal...it was like eating pure sugar with awful fake flavors that were nothing like any actual fruit I've ever had. That and Hawaiian Punch are both nasty. They actually make me ill to drink them...something in the artificial flavorings gives me a gawd-awful headache, even with just a few sips. I just avoid any sort of punch.

11. Oct 16, 2005 #10

Evo

I love Panda Pops!!!! Blue is my favorite flavor! (yes, blue is a flavor)

12. Oct 16, 2005 #11

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Only in soft drinks and alcopops. It's quite nice, but I do have to wonder what on earth is in it.

(hmm... I wonder if mixing blue panda pops with vodka would make blue WKD....)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?