Bush Treason Trial: The NY Times Front Page

• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    trial
In summary, the New York Times front page has a story about President George W. Bush being indicted for treason and pranksters handing out fake newspapers.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
Anyone catch the front page of the New York Times today?

http://www.nytimes-se.com/

There's talk of Bush being convicted of treason! :bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
A group of pranksters handed out more than 1.2 million fake New York Times newspapers mainly in New York City and Los Angeles on Wednesday with a front page story declaring "Iraq War Ends" and President George W. Bush has been indicted for treason.

AHAHJAHAHAAAHHAHA. Impressive to say the least.

Whats with the -se? To me that would suggest a connection with Sweden...

Keep up, that was in the news three days ago!

I think the -se stands for "special edition"

cristo said:
Keep up, that was in the news three days ago!

I think the -se stands for "special edition"

Sorry. I get all my news from PF.

New at 11, gullible people fall for an internet prank!

OmCheeto said:
Sorry. I get all my news from PF.

Aaahhhh...woulda been so nice...

I like their picture under "Economy":

2mgoxgj.jpg

CaptainQuasar said:
I like their picture under "Economy":

2mgoxgj.jpg

I got the link from one of my ev buddies. He said there was an ad in the paper:

P said:
One of the "ads" is from GM where they announce that they are bringing the EV1 back into production "because we have to. (TM)".

I couldn't find the ad. I think people may be making up their own little blurbs to add to the paper. On another site there was a mention of a weather forecast: "recent gloom passing ... strong leftward winds."

I liked the little video they made of peoples reactions to the paper:
http://www.nytimes-se.com/2009/07/04/video
I like to see people smile.

I always loved John.

No matter how much of a silly dreamer he was.

Good night Opus.

Sweet dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the "Bush Treason Trial"?

The "Bush Treason Trial" refers to a hypothetical scenario in which former US President George W. Bush is put on trial for treason based on allegations made in a front page article published by The New York Times.

2. What is the significance of the NY Times front page in this scenario?

The NY Times front page is significant because it is the source of the allegations against Bush and is the main piece of evidence in the hypothetical trial. The front page article is seen as the catalyst for the trial and the basis for the charges of treason.

3. What are the allegations made against Bush in the NY Times front page article?

The specific allegations made against Bush in the NY Times front page article are not specified in this hypothetical scenario. However, treason is defined as the act of betraying one's country by attempting to overthrow the government or aid its enemies. So, it can be assumed that the allegations involve actions that would be considered treasonous.

4. Is there any real-life basis for the "Bush Treason Trial" scenario?

No, there is no real-life basis for this hypothetical scenario. The concept of putting a former US President on trial for treason based solely on a newspaper article is highly unlikely and goes against the principles of due process and the rule of law.

5. What is the purpose of discussing this scenario?

The purpose of discussing this scenario is to explore the limits of freedom of the press and the potential consequences of publishing unverified or potentially damaging information. It also raises questions about the role of the media in shaping public perception and influencing public opinion.