1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The wheeler theory

1. May 29, 2006 #1
    while looking into huygen's principle i found a site that showed its just another way to look at waves in 1\3\5\...odd dimensions.

but i bumped into this:
    i wanted to know more about this wheeler theory, i tried googling for it, but couldn't find more then 10 lines about it...

anyone knows what this theory is, and where could i find some mathematical info on it?

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2006 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. May 29, 2006 #3
    thanks, im reading it right now... (the nobel lecture)

i'll post some questions later, but i got one with little relevance - what does he mean by this sentance:
    i know its off-topic, i'll ask the on-topic questions after i'll finish reading, but i wanted to know where has radio reception with no apparent material source been found..

5. May 29, 2006 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. May 29, 2006 #5
    but isn't the CMB emmited by matter? isn't it just the black body radiation of the edges of the universe?

anyway, i finished reading the nobel lecture, it was, as expected, fun to read.
    I love feynman's lectures.
    it seems feynman abandoned the wheeler theory a long time ago, it was just one of his idea's for QED which has been left out.
    i think i'll leave the second link for tomorrow though :biggrin:

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  7. May 29, 2006 #6

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

In the faq I directed you to, there is this question and answer (which addresses your boldfaced section and is why I gave that url)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook