Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The wheeler theory

1. May 29, 2006 #1
    while looking into huygen's principle i found a site that showed its just another way to look at waves in 1\3\5\...odd dimensions.

but i bumped into this:
    i wanted to know more about this wheeler theory, i tried googling for it, but couldn't find more then 10 lines about it...

anyone knows what this theory is, and where could i find some mathematical info on it?

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2006 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. May 29, 2006 #3
    thanks, im reading it right now... (the nobel lecture)

i'll post some questions later, but i got one with little relevance - what does he mean by this sentance:
    i know its off-topic, i'll ask the on-topic questions after i'll finish reading, but i wanted to know where has radio reception with no apparent material source been found..

5. May 29, 2006 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. May 29, 2006 #5
    but isn't the CMB emmited by matter? isn't it just the black body radiation of the edges of the universe?

anyway, i finished reading the nobel lecture, it was, as expected, fun to read.
    I love feynman's lectures.
    it seems feynman abandoned the wheeler theory a long time ago, it was just one of his idea's for QED which has been left out.
    i think i'll leave the second link for tomorrow though :biggrin:

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  7. May 29, 2006 #6

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

In the faq I directed you to, there is this question and answer (which addresses your boldfaced section and is why I gave that url)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?