Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Wonderful World of Anti-Communism

1. Nov 10, 2005 #1
    from Bill Blum's latest Anti-Empire Report:
    ahhh the perfect antidote to the NYT, CNN, FOX, etc etc :approve: some "liberal media" they are....
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2005 #2
    Don't you just love that about politicians? No more need for us 'evil communists' to point out all of the violence the US has supported, we can just use their own lists. :rofl:
  4. Nov 10, 2005 #3

Gold Member

This all does make perfect sense. Terrorism doesn't exist.

So smurf, lets play some basketball, meet me infront of the Twin Towers.

Oh wait...
  5. Nov 10, 2005 #4
    oh yeah here's the website mentioned
    yeah i don't know if "the kremlin starved >6000000 in ukraine"; maybe there was a famine? i don't know.... & i don't know that mao "murdered" tens of millions of chinese peasants. maybe they happened to die while he was in office but i don't know that there was a systematic 'peasant-killing' industry, like the holocaust was with the nazis.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  6. Nov 11, 2005 #5
    Does North Korea even claim to be communist? Did it ever?
  7. Nov 11, 2005 #6

Soon they'll probably have similar monuments erected denouncing democracy now that the US has become a Kleptocracy under the Bush regime.
  8. Nov 11, 2005 #7
    Greece???? There was a civil war there after ww2, with the Greek communists fighting against the Greek goverment in exile, where the goverment in exile won in the end..

Anyway the Americans were supporting the Goverment in exile, being part of the Alied forces... It was a war of two ideoligical differences, which could have happened anywhere..
    Anyway the history is known, so no party politcal spin please
  9. Nov 11, 2005 #8
    Another interesting thing to note about Greece, is there Laws on History. Due to the above mentioned "ideological hijacking of history" For something to be written as History As far as I rememeber, it has to have happened over 50 Years ago.. So there is NO spin put on what happened. Something I wish you Americans would embrace.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  10. Nov 11, 2005 #9
    I think you posted this in the wrong thread, or are you suggesting the Communist ideal embraces terrorism?
  11. Nov 15, 2005 #10
    Basically its called ignorance, but its done intelligently. Most people dont know what they are doing when they denounce "communism" however those in power wish to define it. But some people do know what they are doing, they are more dangerous.

Alright, now Oldunion is going to lose most of you. Its all about free masonry, and who is the real enemy. The only truth is communism, EVERYTHING else is oppressive and ultimately leads to a singularity, an undesirable autocracy, which you may or may not have control over changing.

Lenin and Trotsky were free masons...:frown: But i think we can agree that bolshevism is not communism, nor leninism, trotskyism, stalinism, etc.

the thing is, no one will listen to you if you say communism has never been used in a country, thats ok though because they can be morons for and by themselves, and i can be a communist.

Basically what im saying, is that the soviet union, korea, cuba, etc. they were/are not communist.

furthermore, i believe communism is flawed in that it admits its own supremacy and does not allow for provision. like if something worked and was uncommunistic, you wouldnt use it because of this fact. thats regressive.

but this is bad news, i may go to school in dc and well....ill have to convert them
  12. Nov 15, 2005 #11
    I wouldn't get bent out of shape over this. If the Nazi's had one the war, they'd be putting up memorials of their own.

Victors always write the history books, but various trends and ideas return from time to time. You get neo-this and neo-that. An old idea with new paint.

In the last 3,000 years there have been over 5,000 wars. The biggest mistake you can make in your short life span is believing that the wars that you live through are important or change any single thing about human nature in the long term.

Ride out the neo-conservative, and there'll be another neo- on its way. Neo-nazi, neo-commie, neo-theo (hey that rhymes!), neo-feudal, neo-monarch, neo-cheese+bickies.

Sorry for being so matter-of-fact, but it is, well: matter-of-fact.
  13. Nov 20, 2005 #12

Gold Member

We will need to invent a word—perhaps Kleptotheocracy? In his fight against godless communists in China--who are currently kicking our butts--Bush was busy promoting Christianity to the Chinese (concluding with “God bless you” to the Christians there). And I thought religious freedom meant freedom for all religions or no religion.
  14. Nov 20, 2005 #13
    Okay seriously... Has North Korean ever claimed to be communist?
  15. Nov 20, 2005 #14
  16. Nov 21, 2005 #15

are you kidding?
  17. Nov 21, 2005 #16
    Okay, so they did untill 1977...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?