1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Work–Kinetic Energy Theorem

1. Nov 16, 2012 #1
    I would appreciate help to solve the problem proposed in Figure 6-4 by PA Tipler 5th Ed ("What did your professor exert force if the sled starts with a speed of 2 m / s ... "). Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2012 #2
    We don't own your text book.

You'll have to post the full problem, preferably with a drawing, picture or scan of the diagram included.

You will also have to tell us how you've approached the problem so far.

4. Nov 18, 2012 #3
    Attached simplified scheme and a resolution scheme.

In Tipler, gives values ​​for d, v0 and vf and gives the solution (138N). I can understand that the value of M is the previous problem in the book.

But neither the value nor the H m are supplied. With the scheme that I propose, I think they are necessary.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Toni

5. Nov 18, 2012 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

I see nothing attached.

OK. (I happen to have that book, so I know what you are referring to.)

I don't understand this sentence. What values are not supplied?
    Show your proposed solution. (No values beyond what was given are needed.)

For the benefit of others, please post a scan of the textbook problem. Or at least a better statement of the problem.

6. Nov 18, 2012 #5
    Sorry!

Attached Files:

7. Nov 18, 2012 #6

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Are you sure you are looking at the correct figure, which is figure 6-4? Your attachment looks closer to figure 6-5, which is a different problem.

8. Nov 20, 2012 #7
    You're right. Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook