Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The World Can't Wait! Drive Out the Bush Regime!

1. Aug 28, 2005 #1
    To sign this statement click here. View full list of signers here.

The World Can't Wait!
    Drive Out the Bush Regime!

Mobilize for November 2, 2005

www.worldcantwait.org

Your government, on the basis of outrageous lies, is waging a murderous and utterly illegitimate war in Iraq, with other countries in their sights.

Your government is openly torturing people, and justifying it.

Your government puts people in jail on the merest suspicion, refusing them lawyers, and either holding them indefinitely or deporting them in the dead of night.

Your government is moving each day closer to a theocracy, where a narrow and hateful brand of Christian fundamentalism will rule.

Your government suppresses the science that doesn’t fit its religious, political and economic agenda, forcing present and future generations to pay a terrible price.

Your government is moving to deny women here, and all over the world, the right to birth control and abortion.

Your government enforces a culture of greed, bigotry, intolerance and ignorance.

People look at all this and think of Hitler – and they are right to do so. The Bush regime is setting out to radically remake society very quickly, in a fascist way, and for generations to come. We must act now; the future is in the balance.

Millions and millions are deeply disturbed and outraged by this. They recognize the need for a vehicle to express this outrage, yet they cannot find it; politics as usual cannot meet the enormity of the challenge, and people sense this.

There is not going to be some magical “pendulum swing.” People who steal elections and believe they’re on a “mission from God” will not go without a fight.

There is not going to be some savior from the Democratic Party. This whole idea of putting our hopes and energies into “leaders” who tell us to seek common ground with fascists and religious fanatics is proving every day to be a disaster, and actually serves to demobilize people.

But silence and paralysis are NOT acceptable. That which you will not resist and mobilize to stop, you will learn – or be forced – to accept. There is no escaping it: the whole disastrous course of this Bush regime must be STOPPED. And we must take the responsibility to do it.

And there is a way. We are talking about something on a scale that can really make a huge change in this country and in the world. We need more than fighting Bush’s outrages one at a time, constantly losing ground to the whole onslaught. We must, and can, aim to create a political situation where the Bush regime’s program is repudiated, where Bush himself is driven from office, and where the whole direction he has been taking society is reversed. We, in our millions, must and can take responsibility to change the course of history.

To that end, on November 2, the first anniversary of Bush’s “re-election”, we will take the first major step in this by organizing a truly massive day of resistance all over this country. People everywhere will walk out of school, they will take off work, they will come to the downtowns and town squares and set out from there, going through the streets and calling on many more to JOIN US. They will repudiate this criminal regime, making a powerful statement: “NO! THIS REGIME DOES NOT REPRESENT US! AND WE WILL DRIVE IT OUT!”

November 2 must be a massive and public proclamation that WE REFUSE TO BE RULED IN THIS WAY. November 2 must call out to the tens of millions more who are now agonizing and disgusted. November 2 will be the beginning – a giant first step in forcing Bush to step down, and a powerful announcement that we will not stop until he does so – and it will join with and give support and heart to people all over the globe who so urgently need and want this regime to be stopped.

This will not be easy. If we speak the truth, they will try to silence us. If we act, they will try to stop us. But we speak for the majority, here and around the world, and as we get this going we are going to reach out to the people who have been so badly fooled by Bush and we are NOT going to stop.

The point is this: history is full of examples where people who had right on their side fought against tremendous odds and were victorious. And it is also full of examples of people passively hoping to wait it out, only to get swallowed up by a horror beyond what they ever imagined. The future is unwritten. WHICH ONE WE GET IS UP TO US.

These next two months are crucial. The call you are reading has to get out to millions right away – on the internet, passed out as flyers in communities, published as ads in newspapers. DO NOT WAIT!! GET ORGANIZED!! If you agree with this statement, add your name to it!!! And do more than that: send it to friends, get them to sign it, organize a meeting, take it to your church, your school, your union, your health club, your barber shop, to concerts and libraries and family gatherings, everywhere you go. Raise money, lots of money. Get people together, make plans to be there on November 2, and to build for it. GET IN TOUCH WITH US AT OUR WEBSITE, worldcantwait.org

The world can’t wait! Drive out the Bush Regime! Mobilize for November 2!

Initiating signers of this call include:

Mumia Abu-Jamal, political prisoner and radio commentator
    William Blum, author of Rogue State
    Prof B. Robert Franza, MD, author of Control of Human Retrovirus Gene Expression
    Nina Felshin, author of But Is It Art: The Spirit of Art as Activism
    Margot Harry, author of Attention MOVE! This is America
    C. Clark Kissinger, Revolution newspaper and initiator of Not In Our Name statement
    Travis Morales, Revolutionary Communist Party, San Francisco Bay Area
    Jeremy Pikser, screenwriter [Bulworth]
    Frances Fox Piven, author of Regulating the Poor
    Ralph Poynter, community activist
    Michael Steven Smith, National Lawyers Guild-NY
    Lynne Stewart, criminal defense attorney
    Sunsara Taylor, Revolution newspaper

To sign this statement click here. View full list of signers here.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2005 #2
    I haven't checked the site yet but do they make any statements about how they will get Bush out of office? Here in CA we had a recall election, is something like that accounted for in Federal Law? Otherwise he would have to be brought up on criminal charges requiring an investigation and a full legal proceedings inorder to have him impeached. That in and of itself could take the next three years by which time he would be out of office anyway.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  4. Aug 29, 2005 #3

kat

pass the fruitcake!!

5. Aug 29, 2005 #4
    Thats twice now i have seen you say "pass the fruitcake." Which means of the two posts ive seen, neither had substance or a credible arguement.

This thread topic has a very good message. If you disagree with it, i would like to read your disagreement.

6. Aug 29, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Hell better yet, if you AGREE with this psycho, I'd like to see your argument.

Lets see...

Yes Bush is comparable to a man who committed genocide on one of the worst scales mankind has ever seen. Prove it.

Yup, being told the 10 commandments cannot be displayed on government land certainly is a theocracy. Prove it.

Dead of night :rofl: :rofl: Prove it.

Wow, I cant even make a joke about this one because it does it on its own.

Wait, didnt you just say before that that the people who follow your believe are simply in the "tens of millions"? Maybe the Census count was off by an OOM. And wait a second, if you spoke for the majority............. howd Bush win the election?

Again, 3 million more votes.

The list of initiators again , need no jokes, they do a good job themselves.

7. Aug 29, 2005 #6
    "Yes Bush is comparable to a man who committed genocide on one of the worst scales mankind has ever seen. Prove it."

Bush sure is a Nazi. At least he definitely would have been a nazi if he had lived in the thirties and forties in Germany. I doubt they would have let him advance very far, they used to execute the mentally retarded. Still, he enjoys conservative politics, ethnic and religious scapegoating, war crimes, propaganda, and invading defenseless countries. ****, he's killed a couple of hundred thousand Iraqis and he's using hatred of Muslims to support the deaths, rapes and torturing of them. Just the kind of stuff Hitler used to do. And I'll bet if he had the chance he'd wipe out the lot of them. In fact, the only thing standing in his way is liberals, God bless them.

"Yup, being told the 10 commandments cannot be displayed on government land certainly is a theocracy. Prove it."

Ten commandments, anti-gay legistlature, ban on stem cells, bans on abortion, Creationism... Hell, Creationism is enough. How anybody can post on a message board dedicated to science and support the nut that wants Creationism taught in public schools is beyond me. That's real Taliban kind of bull****.

"Dead of night :rofl: :rofl: Prove it."

Jose Padilla. American citizen. Three years in a Navy brig. No trial. No charges.

"Wow, I cant even make a joke about this one because it does it on its own."

Two and possibly three branches of the goverment are moving to curtail birth control and abortions. The attempts to ban abortions are obvious, it's laughable to deny them. The government is resisting attempts to have over-the-counter emergency contraception, despite recommendations of FDA scientists. They're pushing abstinence in schools along with creationism. They're withholding aid to third world countries if birth control is involved.

"Wait, didnt you just say before that that the people who follow your believe are simply in the "tens of millions"? Maybe the Census count was off by an OOM. And wait a second, if you spoke for the majority............. howd Bush win the election?"

How did Bush win? Let's see. He lied and started a war for his own personal profit. He spend millions of dollars slandering a war hero's record. He appealed to hatred towards homosexuals.

Without lying, slandering, bombing, and appealing to bigots, could he have one the election? I doubt it.

"Again, 3 million more votes."

And now he's got a 36% approval rating and falling. You can fool some people all of the time...

8. Aug 29, 2005 #7

kat

OMG...it's like it's just...jumped right off the pages of the DU.....eep!
    mmmmm adjusting weighting to match previous polls..and using the same methods as last year.....I'm pretty darn sure you'll find he has a 49 to 50% percent rating...an hmm I seem to remember an 80% rating among repubs....
    mebbe I'm wrong..but its 3:30 am and I'm to lazy to look...
    Nighty night!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  9. Aug 29, 2005 #8
    If you can't take the heat, go back to Freerepublic. Or Stormfront. Or where ever it is.

10. Aug 29, 2005 #9

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is silly. The US people elected him, he's their president.

The thing I'm hoping is that in the long term, having had this lying nutcase as a president will this time have caused so much VISIBLE harm to the US, that the people of the US will wake up and improve things for this not to happen anymore in the future. That they will learn that electing an oil business man who can only think about oil and his greasy friends is not a good idea, and next time a cowboy asks for their approval to go and "liberate" others with bombs, they won't be following him. That they will learn to kick Foxnews arse and look a bit at the world with a different view, with more respect for their (former?) friends. So that they can become again that great nation they once were, and not that warmonging banana republic they've become.
    So if Dubya could stay in office a bit more and do some more stupid things, just to reinforce the message, that would be a good thing.

11. Aug 29, 2005 #10
    seeing as one cannot readily propose ideas like "kill all of this denomination of people" anymore without fear of immediate disapproval, i think Bush has come very very close to Hitler in their respective successes. He did not ascend to the presidency through the use of steadfast morals. As stated above, bigotry was used, but in a way so as only the astute listener would start to wonder about what was being said.

Hitler killed massive sums of people, but stalin commited perhaps more than that in unrecorded numbers; the difference is that hitlers rampage was focused on more. Which brings us to Bush; he has now killed two countries worth of people and this was because supposedly a band of people who resided there attacked the usa.

heres my favorite part: Fox News Network. Everytime i turn on the news i see a mean looking band of jihadists with Ak's and bandannas burning random things and shouting whatever, and then you see american troops which in comparison look like peaceful liberators doing the work of God. Which you KNOW makes every unwitting person in America wish the troops the best and the arabs the axe, no matter what happens in between the lines. Few people are going to sympathize with the arab warriors, but if another country came into my town and started telling me what to do and using force with weapons...id be putting on a bandanna and getting ready for some guerilla mayhem.

Bush is hunting terrorists and searching for peace... :confused:, i wonder what ethics classes he took while earning his prestigious degree. But on second thought, someone in his organization must be a an evil genius if somehow an attack on this country led to the invasion of two others.

12. Aug 29, 2005 #11
    Well, then lets see you prove this. Please, feel free to readjust the weighting and show us this 49%. I know, it's all a conspiracy to make Bush look worse isn't it. People really aren't upset with the cesspool of lies and coverups coming from the Bush WH---it's Gallop's fault isn't it. High rankiing Republicans are not jumping ship and openly disagreeing with Bush now---it's all Gallop's doing.

Now, you used the term 'fruitcake' here because you disagreed with the content; however, the statement above makes me inclined to reapply the term in your general direction.

13. Aug 29, 2005 #12
    It always bothers me when people don't believe this stuff. These arn't vague accusations, these are put forth by international organizations including the red cross and amnesty international. These are not to be debated, if you want proof you can find it easily by visiting either of their websites or even doing a google search.

14. Aug 29, 2005 #13

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yep, this'll surely get that college student's name in the paper, and perhaps even that job he's looking for at The New York Times. Other than that, its a pretty weak pack of rhetoric and a pointless publicity stunt.

I did find it absolutely hilarious that tops on the list of contributors was Mumia Abu Jamal. :rofl: And I find it utterly astounding that some of you guys are taking this seriously. I mean - I heard the conspiracy theories about Clinton taking over the world too, but just because I'm a Republican doesn't mean I believed them. :rolleyes:

15. Aug 29, 2005 #14

russ_watters

Smurf, how much of that OP did you read, exactly? Please read it and apply a little critical thinking. Take, for example, this:
    So the Red Cross said that and its an established fact? (note: just because the Red Cross says something doesn't make it a fact - the Red Cross has opinions just like any other organization). C'mon! Just having a few actual facts on a site is not enough to excuse such mindless rhetoric.

16. Aug 29, 2005 #15

russ_watters

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Reasonable discussions have to start with reasonable opening points, guys. That's a statement of fact that you need to substantiate. What is the proof that Bush is a Nazi? Has he stated that he's a Nazi? Has he been to a Nazi rally? Does he wear a Nazi armband?

If you want to be taken seriously (and this is something the guy who started the website should learn), be reasonable. I won't use words like kat used, but you are not being logical, reasonable, or even rational.

17. Aug 29, 2005 #16
    Actually I havn't read any of it, I was refering to that specific part Pengwuino was quoting. :biggrin:

18. Aug 29, 2005 #17

russ_watters

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that. I do have a reasonably high opinion of you... :surprised

19. Aug 29, 2005 #18

DM

Reasonable? What about:

Bush behaves like a Nazi? Do I have to quote articles to prove this to you? Then again this is just my opinion.

20. Aug 29, 2005 #19
    I serve to please
    shocking :eek:

21. Aug 29, 2005 #20
    Israel's ambulance service, Magen David Adom, has only an observer status in the Red Cross Society. The official reason for this is because its emblem, the Star of David, is not recognised by its protocols. Actually, Arab members in the RCS have been preventing MDA's inclusion as a full member. The Palestinian Red Crescent, however, is a full member, despite the use of PRC ambulances to transport weapons.
    In my service I have personally witnessed a Red Crescent ambulance distributing incendiary bottles. In the Erez crossing there used to be a "clean" PRC Ambulance waiting on the Israeli side because all their Ambulances were turned back due to discoveries of residual chemicals from various munitions types.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?