The world's most relaxing sport

• Thread starter hypnagogue
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sport
In summary, Brainball is a unique game where players compete in relaxation using their brainwaves to control a ball on a table. The more relaxed player scores a goal over their opponent. The game is priced at 20,000 USD, making it a costly sport. However, some argue that traditional sports like chess or running are more relaxing and do not require such a high price tag. Others suggest that the game could be more interesting if it rewarded the competitor with the most brainwaves and concentration over a longer period of time. Overall, Brainball is an interesting concept that rewards relaxation and may have potential for use in situations like long lectures.
hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Brainball is a game where you compete in relaxation. The players' brainwaves control a ball on a table, and the more relaxed scores a goal over the opponent.

http://smart.tii.se/smart/projects/brainball/index_en.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
But this is the one I like more. Its really awesome. After reading about WILDing I got these great relaxation techniques.

that has got to be the coolest thing ever

The price will get you stressed though. The thing's about 20.000 bucks.

http://smart.tii.se/smart/projects/brainball/img/sara160x120.jpg [Broken]
The winner!

Last edited by a moderator:
The most relaxing sport is:

!:biggrin:...[size=+2]CHESS[/size]..:biggrin:!

Last edited:
What an interesting concept! But imagine having to ban sedatives from professional competition. :smile:

Professional competition? You think anyone will be willing to pay to watch people compete at calming their brainwaves? Oddly enough, this sport seems to reward the competitor who least cares about winning. How ironic.

They look like they are sleeping.

I consider running to be pretty relaxing, or at least when one is done running, when all the chemicals kick in :smile:.

i guess if you start to lose, you'll pretty much guarantee that you'll keep losing. i think it would become more & more difficult to relax if i kept losing

What would be more interesting is the reverse situation, the person with the most brainwaves (and most concentration) over a longer period of time will win. That way, one can see how long one can pay attention to things.

It might come in useful in long lectures.

fourier jr said:
i guess if you start to lose, you'll pretty much guarantee that you'll keep losing. i think it would become more & more difficult to relax if i kept losing
I was thinking about that too :smile:

The most relaxing sport is:

!:biggrin:...[size=+2]Rocket launcher duels[/size]..:biggrin:!

God ... When I was in university we had a great sport used to relax.

It required a case of beer and two glasses.

It was called caps.

Toss a beer cap into the other glass and you opponent had to chug the beer.

Many's the night I had a relaxed evening (and woke up driving the porcelain bus).

And it certainly didn't cost 20K to play.

Well, i am thinking the person who bought this will really get into relax... 18,425.22 USD ... Oh huh, I might as well play chess :P

What is the world's most relaxing sport?

The world's most relaxing sport is widely considered to be golf. This is due to its slow pace, peaceful surroundings, and lack of physical exertion.

Why is golf considered the most relaxing sport?

Golf is considered the most relaxing sport because it allows players to spend time outdoors in a natural setting, while also providing a low-impact physical activity. The slow pace of the game also contributes to its calming nature.

What are the health benefits of playing golf?

Golf has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including improved cardiovascular health, increased muscle tone and strength, and reduced stress and anxiety levels. It also promotes social interaction and can improve mental well-being.

Is golf a physically demanding sport?

While golf does require some physical ability and skill, it is not considered to be a highly physically demanding sport. The level of physical exertion can vary depending on factors such as the course terrain and playing style.

Can anyone play golf?

Yes, anyone can play golf regardless of age, gender, or physical ability. There are also adapted versions of the sport available for individuals with disabilities. Golf is a sport that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities.