The world's worst foods

Evo

Mentor
honestrosewater said:
Yes, consider yourself warned.
http://www.matthewklein.com/adm/photo/117_LimaBeans_065.jpg [Broken]
Dear Gawd HRW, you're not supposed to eat green lima beans!! I hate the green ones, they're disgusting, but the large white ones taste like heaven, there is nothing similar in the taste at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the worst food is the food that sends one running to the toilet and crapping blood. Unfortunately for me i have to experience this a few times a year. Theres little food sanitary enforcement near the place i live.

I absolutely hate liver... can't stand it. The last time I ate it it made me vomit. When it comes to bad tastes and smells my gag reflex is pretty strong. (get you mind out of the gutter arildno)

I have though eaten some things that most people probably wouldn't like much. At least most people where I live. The weirdest was probably sea anemone. Eel is one of my favorite fish to eat.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
Dear Gawd HRW, you're not supposed to eat green lima beans!! I hate the green ones, they're disgusting, but the large white ones taste like heaven, there is nothing similar in the taste at all.
There are white ones? My mom always made the green ones. :yuck: It was the first vegetable I didn't like. Unfortunately, they are too often served with carrots, which I also don't like cooked (love raw carrots, and can tolerate them if they are lightly steamed, but mom would boil them to death)... the combination left me wishing she had plopped a big scoop of mud on my plate instead.

honestrosewater

Gold Member
Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one who detests (green) lima beans. :yuck:

seafood!

I could never eat it. My parents never had it at our house. Not even fish. I was told it was "cat food". I know that is insulting to many of you but it has stuck with me.

Any time I see a sea critter I cringe at the thought of actually consuming it. Same goes for pork and poultry. But cattle? moose? venison? I somehow view those as tasty creatures.

Tasty: http://www.curtiswoodfarm.us/angus/V5042.jpg [Broken]
Not tasty: http://www.mldiversnegril.com/images/Caribbean_Spiny_Lobster_big.jpg

It is rather a weird condition (and conditioning) I have!

Last edited by a moderator:

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My father loves lima beans. My mother and I both hate them. When I was a teenager going to camp for the summer, she filled out that I was allergic to them so I wouldn't be made to eat them on the off chance they were served.

Evo

Mentor
Moonbear said:
There are white ones? My mom always made the green ones. :yuck: It was the first vegetable I didn't like. Unfortunately, they are too often served with carrots, which I also don't like cooked (love raw carrots, and can tolerate them if they are lightly steamed, but mom would boil them to death)... the combination left me wishing she had plopped a big scoop of mud on my plate instead.
The only thing more disgusting would be to add hominy to the plate. :surprised :yuck:

kaos said:
I think the worst food is the food that sends one running to the toilet and crapping blood. Unfortunately for me i have to experience this a few times a year. Theres little food sanitary enforcement near the place i live.
Good God kaos, that is most unfortunate.

Evo said:
The only thing more disgusting would be to add hominy to the plate. :surprised :yuck:
MEGA-DITTO! Corn soaked in lye CAN'T be good for you. Yet another reason to like Evo.

Evo

Mentor
Echo 6 Sierra said:
MEGA-DITTO! Corn soaked in lye CAN'T be good for you. Yet another reason to like Evo.
And another reason to like you too E6S. :approve:

I'm bumping this to add eggnog and buttermilk :yuck: and capers.<--this "yuk" face reminds me of Calvin.

Evo

Mentor
Echo 6 Sierra said:
I'm bumping this to add eggnog and buttermilk :yuck: and capers.<--this "yuk" face reminds me of Calvin.
I LOVE eggnog and buttermilk and capers. :surprised

Just not together.

wolram

Gold Member
Worst food you can buy ,or make ?

Try my ginger cake, made with," garam masala", instead of," soft brown sugar",
the bags were the same size, it is an aquired taste, i threw it out for the birds
to eat, they took off like rockets and i have not seen them since :confused:

Evo said:
I LOVE eggnog and buttermilk and capers. :surprised

Just not together.
I could've lived with the critters and ice cold air conditioning but not this...the wedding is off.

I'll add Vegemite to the list. It tastes like a scraped out beercan.

:!!) THE avatar is back...(swoon)

Evo

Mentor
Echo 6 Sierra said:
I could've lived with the critters and ice cold air conditioning but not this...the wedding is off.
:cry: :cry:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Spam...as in spiced ham.

I always liked this as a kid, but now I can't get past the first piece.

I grew up on powdered milk. We couldn't afford the real stuff, but to help compensate, mom would add a little coffee mate to help make it creamier. :yuck:

Anyone like SOS? [sh't on a shingle, or dried beef gravy sandwhiches]

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
oh yes, and... Once upon a time when I was a kid and in the scouts, we [my troop] hiked to the top of San Gorgonio Mountain [IIRC]. When we reached the top we broke out the only real snack at hand - big bags of dehydrated pear slices... We all got really sick, and the runs, which is all great fun during primitive camping trips...ten miles from the nearest road. I couldn't eat anything even remotely similar for a couple of decades.

The smell of slaughtered chickens being dipped into boiling water with paraffin still makes me retch. As does the taste of boiled turnips.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Echo 6 Sierra said:
I'll add Vegemite to the list. It tastes like a scraped out beercan.
Vegemite and Marmite are great! But then I like lima beans (green and white), broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, asparagus, beets, turnips, parsnip - in fact, there isn't an edible plant I don't like.

Roasted vegetables are great. And for things like asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower, it sometimes helps to have the right cheese sauce. Asparagus in Manchego cheese sauce is great!

As for meat, probably just about anything, although I don't care for McDonalds.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads