World's Worst Foods: Dangers Lurking in Mini Mart Delis

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I don't even want to know.In summary, a deli sandwich bought at a Mini Mart contained a clear gelatinous substance that looked much like snail slime, and when chopped onions were added, the substance became thick and dark. The ingredients included water, distilled vinegar, dehydrated onions, sugar, salt, modified corn starch, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, dehydrated green onions, propylene glycol, alginate, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, and dehydrated pork. The clear gelatinous substance was tastable, and mayo and chopped onions were applied to it.
Echo 6 Sierra said:
MEGA-DITTO! Corn soaked in lye CAN'T be good for you. Yet another reason to like Evo.
And another reason to like you too E6S. :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm bumping this to add eggnog and buttermilk :yuck: and capers.<--this "yuk" face reminds me of Calvin.

Echo 6 Sierra said:
I'm bumping this to add eggnog and buttermilk :yuck: and capers.<--this "yuk" face reminds me of Calvin.
I LOVE eggnog and buttermilk and capers.

Just not together.

Worst food you can buy ,or make ?

Try my ginger cake, made with," garam masala", instead of," soft brown sugar",
the bags were the same size, it is an acquired taste, i threw it out for the birds
to eat, they took off like rockets and i have not seen them since :confused:

Evo said:
I LOVE eggnog and buttermilk and capers.

Just not together.
I could've lived with the critters and ice cold air conditioning but not this...the wedding is off.

I'll add Vegemite to the list. It tastes like a scraped out beercan.

:!) THE avatar is back...(swoon)

Echo 6 Sierra said:
I could've lived with the critters and ice cold air conditioning but not this...the wedding is off.
:cry: :cry:

Spam...as in spiced ham.

I always liked this as a kid, but now I can't get past the first piece.

I grew up on powdered milk. We couldn't afford the real stuff, but to help compensate, mom would add a little coffee mate to help make it creamier. :yuck:

Anyone like SOS? [sh't on a shingle, or dried beef gravy sandwhiches]

oh yes, and... Once upon a time when I was a kid and in the scouts, we [my troop] hiked to the top of San Gorgonio Mountain [IIRC]. When we reached the top we broke out the only real snack at hand - big bags of dehydrated pear slices... We all got really sick, and the runs, which is all great fun during primitive camping trips...ten miles from the nearest road. I couldn't eat anything even remotely similar for a couple of decades.

The smell of slaughtered chickens being dipped into boiling water with paraffin still makes me retch. As does the taste of boiled turnips.

Echo 6 Sierra said:
I'll add Vegemite to the list. It tastes like a scraped out beercan.
Vegemite and Marmite are great! But then I like lima beans (green and white), broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, asparagus, beets, turnips, parsnip - in fact, there isn't an edible plant I don't like.

Roasted vegetables are great. And for things like asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower, it sometimes helps to have the right cheese sauce. Asparagus in Manchego cheese sauce is great!

As for meat, probably just about anything, although I don't care for McDonalds.

Back