Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The year 2058

1. Apr 19, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24201711/

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2008 #2
    Let's see. I'll be 66 then.

4. Apr 19, 2008 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No cats...only dogs?!? No way, I'm not going!!

5. Apr 19, 2008 #4
    In the year two thousandddddddddddd............... in the year two thousandddddd.

6. Apr 19, 2008 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: As I read that, I had flashbacks to 3rd or 4th grade when there was an art contest to draw what we thought the world would look like in the year 2000 (the winning drawings/paintings got displayed at the public library). I'm still waiting for us all to be driving Jetson's cars (or some sort of flying car anyway), because that was in almost all the entries. Of course, as we were working on our art assignments, we were talking about all our ideas. Cancer was going to be cured, robots would clean our houses for us (so far, we've got Roomba...I'm not impressed), and cars would be tiny and fuel efficient (:rofl: we went the opposite direction).

I think I'll be patient and wait the 50 years to see where things are by then. (Hey, if life expectancy is going to increase to 140, I'll still be a young pup by then. :rofl: What a stretch, 50 years increase in life expectancy...I'd be willing to believe 10 or 15 maybe, but not 50).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?