The year 2058

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

How will the world look in the year 2058?

Sixty thinkers from around the world rise to that challenge in a collection of essays titled "The Way We Will Be 50 Years From Today."

The consensus view is... [continued]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24201711/

Answers and Replies

Let's see. I'll be 66 then.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No cats...only dogs?!? No way, I'm not going!!

In the year two thousandddddddddddd............... in the year two thousandddddd.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
In the year two thousandddddddddddd............... in the year two thousandddddd.
:rofl: As I read that, I had flashbacks to 3rd or 4th grade when there was an art contest to draw what we thought the world would look like in the year 2000 (the winning drawings/paintings got displayed at the public library). I'm still waiting for us all to be driving Jetson's cars (or some sort of flying car anyway), because that was in almost all the entries. Of course, as we were working on our art assignments, we were talking about all our ideas. Cancer was going to be cured, robots would clean our houses for us (so far, we've got Roomba...I'm not impressed), and cars would be tiny and fuel efficient (:rofl: we went the opposite direction).

I think I'll be patient and wait the 50 years to see where things are by then. (Hey, if life expectancy is going to increase to 140, I'll still be a young pup by then. :rofl: What a stretch, 50 years increase in life expectancy...I'd be willing to believe 10 or 15 maybe, but not 50).