Unboxing The Young Ones on DVD: A Retro Comedy Adventure

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Young
In summary, the conversation was about the purchase of the TV show "The Young Ones" on DVD and the participants' love for the show. One person asked for the collection, but was denied, while another mentioned also owning the show and hoping for a similar release of another show. The conversation also included the lyrics to the theme song of "The Young Ones."
Adam
I just bought two seasons of The Young Ones on DVD. :D

Physics news on Phys.org
what is that?

What is the young ones? WHAT IS THE YOUNG ONES?!?

*Chooses to ignore the ignorance of check*

Adam, can I have your collection? I'll be your best friend... :shy: :smile:

:devil: Nobody touches my DVDs. :devil:

Especially The Young Ones. :tongue2:

I also picked up that stoopid DVD recently. I was happy to get it, since it's been very difficult to find around here. Now hoping the Filthy Rich and Catflap DVD will make it to NA someday.

The Young Ones. Man that show rocked.

oh, have we got a video?!

I cna never get the the tune tune (their version of Cliff Richards 'The Young Ones') out my head.

Once in every lifetime,
Comes a love like this.
I need you and you need me
Oh my darling can't you see.
The Young Ones,
Darling we're the Young Ones
and Young Ones shouldn't be afraid
To live, to love
There's a song to be sung
For we won't be the Young Ones very Long.

1. What is "The Young Ones"?

"The Young Ones" is a British television sitcom that aired from 1982 to 1984. It follows the lives of four university students living together in a rundown house and features a unique blend of comedy, surrealism, and social commentary.

2. Why is the DVD release of "The Young Ones" considered a retro comedy adventure?

The DVD release of "The Young Ones" is considered a retro comedy adventure because the show is over 35 years old and has a cult following among fans of British comedy. It offers a nostalgic trip back to the 1980s and showcases the comedic talents of popular actors such as Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson, and Nigel Planer.

3. What can viewers expect from the DVD of "The Young Ones"?

Viewers can expect to find all 12 episodes from the two seasons of "The Young Ones" on the DVD, as well as bonus features such as behind-the-scenes footage, interviews with the cast and crew, and commentary from the creators. The DVD also includes digitally remastered episodes for improved picture and sound quality.

4. Is the DVD of "The Young Ones" suitable for all audiences?

The DVD of "The Young Ones" is not suitable for all audiences. The show contains strong language, adult themes, and violent and crude humor. It is recommended for mature audiences only.

5. Can the DVD of "The Young Ones" be used for educational purposes?

The DVD of "The Young Ones" can be used for educational purposes, particularly in the study of British comedy and social commentary. The show often satirizes societal issues and can provide insight into the cultural climate of the 1980s. However, due to its mature content, it may not be appropriate for all educational settings.