Creating a Sustainable Home" "Creating a Sustainable Home: Tips & Ideas

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of wavefunctions and eigenfunctions in relation to the Schrodinger equation. It is mentioned that it is possible to find even and odd solutions, but it is challenging to prove that wavefunctions can only be even or odd. The idea of a parity operator is suggested as a possible approach to this problem. It is also noted that the original poster may need to consider stationary eigenstates in their specific scenario.
woodywood
aqqw

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
How about ψ=ψeo (where, of course, ψ must statisfy Schroedinger equation), and then prove that ψe≠0 and ψo≠0 cannot be simultaneously true.

Emm...By wave function I assume you're talking about eigenfunction. Even though I can only prove that we can always find even solutions and odd solutions. As for what you said "prove wave function can be only even or odd." I really have no idea how to do it. I tried turin's method but didn't manage to get the desired answer. Let's wait for other people's opinion.

kof9595995 said:
Emm...By wave function I assume you're talking about eigenfunction. Even though I can only prove that we can always find even solutions and odd solutions. As for what you said "prove wave function can be only even or odd." I really have no idea how to do it. I tried turin's method but didn't manage to get the desired answer. Let's wait for other people's opinion.

No, I'm pretty sure he needs wavefunctions and not eigenfunctions

woodywood, you may want to consider the parity operator:

[tex]
P\Psi(x,y,z,t)=\Psi(-x,-y,-z,t)
[/tex]

and apply it to both the [itex]H\Psi[/itex] and [itex]\Psi[/itex] (after which you take the Hamiltonian of this latter one too--you should have [itex]PH\Psi[/itex] & [itex]HP\Psi[/itex]) then see how the two relate.

I'm pretty sure the OP needs eigenfunctions, not just wavefunctions in general. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is even more restricted to stationary eigenstates, because it is trivial to construct, by superposition, a general wavefunction that lacks definite parity, from any spectrum that includes both even and odd states.

oijluhkjb

Last edited:
njhgfjhklh;ih;oij

Last edited:

What is a sustainable home?

A sustainable home is a household that is designed, built, and operated in an environmentally friendly and resource-efficient manner. It aims to reduce the negative impact on the environment and promote a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle for its inhabitants.

What are some tips for creating a sustainable home?

Some tips for creating a sustainable home include using energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs, installing solar panels, using sustainable building materials, implementing a rainwater harvesting system, and reducing water usage through low-flow fixtures.

Why is it important to create a sustainable home?

Creating a sustainable home is important because it helps reduce our carbon footprint, conserve natural resources, and protect the environment. It also promotes a healthier living environment for ourselves and future generations.

How can I make my home more energy-efficient?

To make your home more energy-efficient, you can start by sealing air leaks, adding insulation, using energy-efficient appliances, and installing a programmable thermostat. You can also consider using renewable energy sources such as solar or wind power.

What are some sustainable home design ideas?

Some sustainable home design ideas include using natural and locally sourced materials, incorporating passive solar design, maximizing natural light, and utilizing green roofs or walls. You can also consider implementing a composting system and creating a vegetable garden to reduce food waste and promote sustainable living.