Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Theoretical Mono Poles, String Theory

1. Aug 6, 2012 #1
    Hi all,

Would like to start off by letting you all know i am new to the PF and the reason for joining is due to constant idea's and thoughts flooding my brain to no end, i do not have any physics degree's but i do share an intense interest in Physics.

According to a friend of mine the only way to prove string theory is to have a mono pole, i am unsure if he is correct as i have not researched too far into string theory, althought i believe a theoretical mono pole can be created using bipole's.

I do agree and acknowledge that regardless of how many times you split a bipole it will remain a bipole.

To create a theoretical mono pole i believe if you clamp multiple bipoles in a spherical array with all North or south pointing to the centre with magnetic fields overlapping for the surrounding magnets adjacent to each other.

The end result would be a positive or negative ball depending on the orientation, theoretically a mono pole, I am unsure if String theory requires a physical mono pole or just something that has the desired effect of a mono pole.

Any thoughts or information would be apreciated, i am most likely completely incorrect in majority of what i have wrote in this post as stated before i dont have any degree's in physics.

Regards,

Luke.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted